Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

View Poll Results :Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??
Yes, there will be a WW3. 60 55.05%
Maybe, there will be WW3. 36 33.03%
No, certainly not. 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 19th, 2004  
Kirill K

Topic: Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

Do you think there could be another WW3, or will we live peacefully? And who can be responsible for starting it, and who will be involved?
November 19th, 2004  
battery

Right now there are only two places where it could abrupt; Asia (Something starts with China) or if a middle eastern country dropped a nuke.

Asian conflict: China, Koreas, Japan, Russia, Taiwan (?), etc... Pretty much all of Asia would become involved.

Middle eastern: Everyone

I doubt there will be anything happening though...
November 19th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I don't know if there will be a WORLD War but a MAJOR war that could qualify as a World war could erupt in the far east.

China and North Korea versus everyone else.
I think wars in the mideast will be contained.. They always have been.
It would be interesting what stance Russia, India and Southeast Asia in general will hold.
--
November 19th, 2004  
Darcia

If Another World War does break out it will be interesting to see what the advances in Technology are and what things get cured.
November 19th, 2004  
Xion

IMO there won't be a World War anytime soon.At the most there would be 3-4 small insignificant countries fighting, but no big countries would go to war against each other anytime soon.So unless big countries go to war against each other, theres not really any chance for a world war.

Potential war hotspots "could" be:

1.USA v/s small undemocratic country
2.India v/s Pakistan
3.China v/s Taiwan
4.Israel v/s Iran
5.Israel v/s (any Arab country)
6.North Korea v/s South Korea
7.Civil war torn one African country v/s Civil war torn another African country.

USA v/s (small undemocratic country) - no chance of a world war , as you can see in Iraq.

India v/s Pakistan - No one will help either of them.Cos of the risk of getting nuked.

3.China v/s Taiwan - same as above.No one will go against China.Cos of the risk of getting nuked.

4.Israel v/s Iran - USA will help Israel.Who will win ? doubtful.

5.Israel v/s (any Arab country) - U.S.A. will help Israel.U.S.A. and Israel victorious.

6.North Korea v/s South Korea - will USA help south korea? doubtful, risk of getting nuked by N Korea.Will China fight for N Korea ? doubtful.This particular situation is pretty precarious and unpredictable.

7.Civil war torn one African country v/s Civil war torn another African country - No chance of a world war.

So I think in case of any of the above wars, they will be one sided and in most cases who will win would be predictable.I don't think theres chance for a world war 3.
November 19th, 2004  
MadeInChina

china will never fire a nuke unless fired upon by one
November 19th, 2004  
Darcia

That is also true, China wouldn't threaten a Nuclear War unless they were attacked first.
November 19th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
china will never fire a nuke unless fired upon by one
Any country will use nukes as a last resort if they are losing a war, no proof as of yet, but I think its obvious if the country is desperate and frustrated and humiliated.
November 19th, 2004  
MadeInChina

well, the us,during the korean war, even though they were not very desperate, thereaten to use nuclear bombs aginist key chinese cities

not saying the us policy is the same, but just a thought
November 19th, 2004  
Xion

I believe theres a huge difference between threatening to use nukes and actually using nukes.Plus there has been a huge change in the geo-political and the economic global scenario from that that time hitherto.
Anyway I think we can also discuss about other countries now rather than U.S.A. attacking China or vice-versa cos thats never going to happen anytime soon ( atleast for a century IMO ).