Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

• Total voters
MichaelO said:
Just so I can make this clear.

The USA could never beat China without causing Nuclear Winter.

China's army, whilst a bit crap in terms of quality would just overrun the US army with sheer numbers. I believe they can muster up an amry of about 200 Million.

There is no way in h**l that the US could even land a force big enough on Chinese soil able to beat such numbers.
But we're not contemplating the invasion of China in the scenario. I believe it was keeping China from taking over Japan, South Korea, the Phillipines, etc. The USA could probably at least delay China for a good long while on those.

The US could bomb them, but with Russia selling China some of the best aircraft in the world, I believe China will soon be able to beat the US Air/Land, but not Sea.
Russia would be more like to be against China than with them. Sure they sell China older Russian military equipment, but they don't like each other too much.

I personally believe that the US is going the way of all Superpowers, it's just going to become a major country, like the UK. China will be the next superpower, whether the US will still be a superpower when China is, is doubtful looking at the US's economic status.
You're right of course. The USA will diminish but remain an important player in the world thanks to our location. A lot like the UK really, but the USA isn't likely to diminish to that extent -- third largest population, vast natural resources and a good solid head start on the up and comers. But the only way that the USA can remain best and greatest is if China messes things up for themselves.

Lets not forget India. They too are rapidly developing and growing. The can come very close to matching China for numbers. China is ahead for the most part, but India is very driven and not as far behind as anybody thinks. Their population is going to surpass China's if current population growth remains steady.

I think that Southeast Asia is going to take center-stage in the world a lot sooner than most people anticipate. And it all centers around India and China. What those two nations do will determine the direction the world goes for a long time to come.

I didn't mean an all out Invasion by the US. I meant that if China started building an empire, whatever, the US would beat it back to it's own land and then the Chinese would outnumber them.

Sorry for not making it clear.

It is fear of China doing exactly that which has Japan, South Korea, the Phillipines, Thailand, Myramar, Australia and other planning ahead for it, just in case it does happen.

As of this moment, China is not capable of swarming everyone under but South Korea would lose quickly. As of this moment, the two most productive economies on the planet are those of the USA and Japan. You have to build planes and ships to get China accross -- Japan and the USA can outpace them in production to block them for the time being.

Also China gets some of it's civilian goods from America, it is important to remember that America has learned how to tell if someone poses a threat. To say what a nations military will have in 5 years is hard to say, for all we know America could be building some super nuclear cannon and may put it into space.

also Russia does not sell China advanced weapons only old ones, this was proven a like a decade ago when China asked for some newer bombers from Russia.

godofthunder9010 said:
Europe fights an Islamic Revolution from within and is victorious. This angers other Muslims worldwide and directly leads to open hostilities between the newly formed Islam Superstate and an Allied Europe and the USA. Now here's an incredibly important question: Does Russia and the rest of the former Soviet Union get involved? I think that they do which puts the Islamists at a strong disadvantage.

Russia is sort of a wild card. But they will have the most to gain from this war.

They could trade weapons for cash with the Islamics. Once the oil from Europe is cut off, the most logical place to get it will be Russia, they could get cash for oil with this. So both sides of the conflict will be a tremendous cash cow for Russian, and they aren't going to mess with that.

Russia will propbably join the war late in the conflict but only after the sistuation turns dire for Europe, but not before. They probably will figure out that the Europeans can handle themselves, so why mess with a tremendous opportunity. But later they will realize that this Empire, if it defeats Europe will also be a threat to themselves.

At the start of the war it will be just the USA and Europe vs the United Islamic Empire.

Also, a couple questions: How did we manage to leave India out of the whole thing again? I believe you'd see them join with Europe as they would fear the implications of Superstate of Islam and has little to gain from them being victorious over Europe.

The Islamic Empire may attack India first to secure its southern flank. I doubt the West will interfere in this since there is no true strategic value. Also it could be a religiuos conflict. Besides the politics of future Europe will sway heavily in favor of the Islamic empire.

Europe wouldn't be that stupid and they have a vested interest in keeping southern Asia as balanced as possible. The problem with attacking India first: they have better tech and more people --- at best the Islamic Superstate might match them but then there's another problem. Unless something drastic happens to alter things, India can lock down the Indian Ocean, especially if the get help from Europe. That strands about 250 million Muslims in Indonesia and 150 million in Bangladesh. That's not even factoring in roughly 200+ million Muslims in India itself. Total of at least 650 million muslims that probably have no chance to join barring something drastic happening.

Very good points.

Maybe the Islamics will have to attack India first, in order to link up with those other countries.

This is how I see it.

India becuase it is a democracy will have have a hard time keeping a large force to equal that of the Islamic empire. Democracies have a more fragile ecomic balance. Although they have more people the best they can do is keep those in reserve, at best the majority will be only be foot troops with small arms. They may have some superior tech right now, but it will be a very small percentage of the overall force.

The Islamic empire however, is a dictatorship, with vast amount of oil money too boot. Since dictatorships are different and can run at a different pace, the Islamics will have a large force with most of them well equiped, since they can afford it. The whole overall force may well consist of offensively geared heavy divisions such as amor and mech or motorized infantry. With this they may be more than a match for the Indians.

Russia has hundreds of thousands of old amor vehicles in stockpile, I'm sure when the time comes they will be happy to sell them in exchange for cold hard cash. Most of these may be old, but still if an APC can stop bullets maybe thats good enough to do the job. The tanks on the other hand maybe a different story, they more than likely will try to get more modern ones.

IMo i belive ww3 will never hapens, forget about the rehortoriv between china and the U.S they wil not bomb and totally kill off one and another,

In my oponion i think there a small possibiltie that one day there will be an islamic empire then they wil surely have a war or revnge thing to get even with the west.

Redneck said:
NgoDinhdiem said:
revnge thing to get even with the west.

Get "even" with us? What do you mean by that?

i been reading lots of books on why muslim got beef with the west.. especially the USA, the majority of muslim feels that they been supressed by the west, and getting pimped by a few arabs who has the suport of the west. They feel humilated that they are sitting on most of the world's oil and yet the majority of muslim is poor.

even as in revenge, when people are percived that there are humiliated and fels hopeless, when they get money and power they will never forget , especially if you got religous fanatics running the show

Britian owns some islands in the Indian Ocean and I believe France owns a few too. so they would most likly help the democracy.

Also Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are good freinds of America.

Also on those books before you believe what they say make sure they aren't written by some ultra-american hating muslim. Cause though what the book has is important if the author only sides one way then the truth cannot be told.

...Now you understand why i do not read Political books.

I think inevitable that there will be WW3, but not for a long time though. It will be over the remaining resources methinks.

Britain owns Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean (if that is the island name rather the military base).

gladius said:
Very good points.

Maybe the Islamics will have to attack India first, in order to link up with those other countries.

This is how I see it.

India becuase it is a democracy will have have a hard time keeping a large force to equal that of the Islamic empire. Democracies have a more fragile ecomic balance. Although they have more people the best they can do is keep those in reserve, at best the majority will be only be foot troops with small arms. They may have some superior tech right now, but it will be a very small percentage of the overall force.

The Islamic empire however, is a dictatorship, with vast amount of oil money too boot. Since dictatorships are different and can run at a different pace, the Islamics will have a large force with most of them well equiped, since they can afford it. The whole overall force may well consist of offensively geared heavy divisions such as amor and mech or motorized infantry. With this they may be more than a match for the Indians.

Russia has hundreds of thousands of old amor vehicles in stockpile, I'm sure when the time comes they will be happy to sell them in exchange for cold hard cash. Most of these may be old, but still if an APC can stop bullets maybe thats good enough to do the job. The tanks on the other hand maybe a different story, they more than likely will try to get more modern ones.
Problems I'm seeing:
1.) Of all the nations Russia sells arms to (please correct me if I'm wrong about this), India get the best, most up-to-date stuff.
2.) by the time the Islam Superstate is possible, India will be one of the most productive economies on the planet. That means they can produce their own military hardware, probably faster than the Islamists could buy or make their own. India is already building their own tanks and fighters from start to finish from what I understand. That's on top of what they buy from other nations.
3.) Russia has a long history of extremely friendly relations with India. In the scenario, Russia is playing the profiteer. They'd sell the T90's and SU-47's and Mig 1.42's (if they ever produce them) to India. They'd sell T72's and their older Migs to the Islamists. They'd rather see India come out ahead in that conflict remember.
4.) India's military is more up-to-date than all but a tiny handful of Muslim nations on the planet. (Both India and the Muslim nations of the world have outdated gear a plenty, I know.)They are pushing hard to get more and more up-to-date.

The underlying thing: India is no quick knockout. Not by a long, long shot. Considering how far in the future this would be occuring, India might very well be better able to repel the Islamist State than Europe.

I definently think there will be a WW3. Who will be in it? Team America(the world police.) And some middle eastern country. Some Asain country. Then it will turn into a biologic warfare with warheads, etc. The winner will be the roaches(we would have killed all humans). Thats what I think.

no war at all, if a war does really happen, i think it would started by japan attacking its neighbor or usa like in ww2. as we see in the news the japan prime minister still honored its warlord despite the protest of its neibor country.

If that is what it takes to get rid of the terrorists I say it is worth every penny, every life. Problem is that the war on terrorism cant be fought the way it is today, to achieve total victory, ~To much bureaucracy and feelings and political correct Utopia dreams.~

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

godofthunder9010 said:
Problems I'm seeing:
1.) Of all the nations Russia sells arms to (please correct me if I'm wrong about this), India get the best, most up-to-date stuff.

I don't know about this, Russia just sold the Sunburn their latest and most advanced missle to Iran. I think they just sell to whoever offers the right price.

2.) by the time the Islam Superstate is possible, India will be one of the most productive economies on the planet. That means they can produce their own military hardware, probably faster than the Islamists could buy or make their own. India is already building their own tanks and fighters from start to finish from what I understand. That's on top of what they buy from other nations.

"IF" India becomes one of the most productive economies on the planet. Their growth ecomic growth rate within the last 20 years was not all that impressive (unike China), pretty much within the next 20 years it will continue to grow more or less at the same pace. The only thing that changes stuff like this is a dramatic socio-ecomic shift.

3.) Russia has a long history of extremely friendly relations with India. In the scenario, Russia is playing the profiteer. They'd sell the T90's and SU-47's and Mig 1.42's (if they ever produce them) to India. They'd sell T72's and their older Migs to the Islamists. They'd rather see India come out ahead in that conflict remember.

If they are close to India they are actually closer to the Middle East. During the cold war the Middle East was the Soviets biggest client states, providing them with all kinds of arms, ect, against Israel. Even up to the Iraq war you had Russian Generals advising Saddam inside Iraq.

In the Future Russia may support the Islamic Superstate as counter ballance to the EU (thats before they see the danger of course). If they go the way of supporting India, then that may cause China to support the Islamics as counter balance to India.

I don't know, but I'm guessing the way things are going with Europe and all, the Islamic Superstate may actually get alot of weapons from Europe itself.

4.) India's military is more up-to-date than all but a tiny handful of Muslim nations on the planet. (Both India and the Muslim nations of the world have outdated gear a plenty, I know.)They are pushing hard to get more and more up-to-date.

In order to support a large well equiped force they will have to be an economic powerhouse. They will need lots of cash to do this. Right now as well as in the future the Islamics will have plenty of cash from the oil. They will be able to have a large well equiped military. For India to do this in the future is still questionable in my view, although it can happen.

The underlying thing: India is no quick knockout. Not by a long, long shot. Considering how far in the future this would be occuring, India might very well be better able to repel the Islamist State than Europe.

If this is the case, then good. A long dragged out war here may cause this not to spill into Europe. I'm hoping that India is able to be an economic powerhouse in the future or else they won't have the funds to equal the military of the Islamic Superstate.

Back