Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

• Total voters
But as long as USA does not want WW3, there will then be no WW3. Without USA taking part in, you cannot call it WW. And I believe USA is completely capable to stop any WW3 "possibility", it all depends how you manage the hot issues in this world.

The United States is already at war. Nevertheless, the United States is threatened by Terrorist Organizations and had no choice but to wage a War Against Terrorism. (Please note that I did not intend to include Iraq in the "War against Terrorism" since it is highly debated)

Kane, I understand where you are coming from with Iraq, but whether or not it was before it is now. WWIII will not be fought between nations, so you will not see battles over open plains or on beaches. The battlefields of today are within our own cities, even though there will be no mass bombings but major battles will take place within our homes. I beg to differ that WWIII would make a good movie, I actually think that Black Hawk Down was deeper, more moving, and just better than Saving Private Ryan. WWIII is going to be a lot like Black Hawk Down, and you remember the carnage in Mogadishu, Somalia. Imagine a movie about Fallujah in twenty or thirty years, I think it would make a stunning movie. Urban combat will be just as brutal and destructive as bombings, and I have a feeling that there could be millions dead worldwide before the end. So I would not be so bold as to think that Nukes would be the only way for WWIII to be close to as destructive as the first two. Urban Combat and terrorist bombings could be just as destructive without wiping out the earth like nukes would.

there is a war going on, but it is not a world war as such
its against a couple of nations and some radical extremists. you cannot truly fight terrorism, as it is based on a thought, and ideal, and longing. you cannot beat these people by fighting them, it will only strengthen thier resolve. prehaps the best way to combat them is to educate them and try and understand them more, and stop viewing things in black and white. you educate them and teach them about the people they are attacking, in an attempt to make them see that what they are doing is not the correct path of action. a war with these people, with bullets will never succede, all you will do is create martyrs and strengthen thier resolve and the belief that what they are fighting for is right

if another war goes on.... its best to hope not another stalingrad will happen, since ive known ho wbad that battle is in urban grounds and it is very exhausting on menpower

its best to hope not another stalingrad will happen

If the opossing force is deeply entrenched within the city and is willing to hold the city at all costs, plus have additional reinforcements and supplies, there will be another "Stalingrad".

since ive known ho wbad that battle is in urban grounds and it is very exhausting on menpower

Urban warefare requires a great deal of courage to walk step by step. And plus, a dark empty city swarmed with hostiles is even more scarier than the rural scene.

I agree with Kane's last remarks, and think that if there is to be a WW3 it will be fast and deadly since a lot of new technology is available to larger countries. The enemy will sweep across country to country faster with this new Tech. and will be even worse then WW2.

I agree major battles will not be fought, If anything WW3 would most likly be a battle with Chemical and Bio Weapons also since we have major technology nopw we can hit any building almost, So i refuse to say bombing will not be used in ww3.

Lupos, as far as the movie goes, BHD was really good, I should have taken that into account. I was thinking about stuff like "Navy Seals" with Charlie Sheen.
But back to the point. Terrorist attacks are rarely as destructive as bombing done by planes. 9/11 was a rare situation where the destruction was really cataclysmic and comparable to that of a military air strike. But the majority of terrorist attacks are relatively small and aimed at psychologically playing with your opponent. As an example the movie, The Seige starring Bruce Willis. That attacks weren't very destructive, but they targeted things that would terrorize the public. But then again, fear is just as damaging as taking down a building with a laser guided bomb.

Also who is to truly say what a terrorist is, basicly a terrorist can be anyone who goes up aginast what you believe. ou cannot realy define what a terrorist is. However that is true mostly what terrorist do is small bombings in large numbers.

I think I have to agree with Ollie North when he said the Cold War was WW III and the present Middle East wars are the beginnings of WW IIII.

That is true, people have said that the USA is pulling troops out of Europ because the next war will be in the Middle East, also thier is talk of five permanent USA bases in iraq....let me see if I can find the link to that.

I think the C.I.A know what´s comming in Europe and thats why they are moving all the troopers out of here. Who would not do that? 8)

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

Yeah thier is a chance people know more than they are saying. But then agian that happens every war.

Yes and one more thing, even if the C.I.A would know something and they would like to tell or share vital information with other European intelligences that could save alot of people over here. They would only be turned down by the others, because they are just to lazy to think outside the sphere of European political correct interests that are ruling this part of the world. I say It would be futile even to try such a thing. As the president and as an advisor to the president I would back out rather then stay in such a hopless situation. The intelligence directors of our different departments are often appointed by them that runs these different banana republics, where some of us that actually still thinks beyond the sphere have to live in. All wars have there secret meatings I will not know what was told before this war. But maby possible grandchildren will find out. ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

One main thing is alot of nations also have Chemical weapons, China,USA,Russia,Most of Asia, alot of nations rather they admit it or not have um. i was doing a report on Anthrax last year and found alot of suprsing info on nations that have Chem and Bio Programs, Have had them, or even a few that have the bombs.

Egoz, sorry I kinda jumped on you (Navy Seals did kinda suck). It is true that terrorists bombings rarely (arguably never) get as bad as 9/11, which currently holds the position as THE worst terrorist attack of all time. It took a lot of planning and tons of luck to pull off, and that is why I believe that insurgencies are the future tactics of Al Queda and other terrorists organizations. The insurgency in Iraq has been a very effective tactic for Al Queda so far, though I do not believe they will win I will admit they are a formidable enemy. They may try to stage these takeovers in Europe, East Asia, and possibly even The United States. When they try, you can bet other terrorists and rebel organizations will try as well. They will not work together but they will try their luck at staging an attack. Imagine that in the west, Radical Islamists begin attacks inside US and European cities, at the same time or soon after Neo Nazis kick back up. Communist revolutionaries attempt hostile takeovers, and even possible attacks from those ALF wackos. It could get sticky real fast, especially since militaries will be heavily restricted, fearful, and hesitant do to the fact that they will be fighting in cities filled with their own countrymen. Believe you me, it could get bad.

Also thier is a chance that certain nations may be supporting terrorist orginizations secretly which could cause some probelms later on.

Another good point Dameon, not to mention that those countries could become empowered when revolutions kick up. Now, this is all just one possible scenario. Who knows, maybe Iraq and Afghanistan put it all off or completly prevented it. I hate to be fatalistic though when I say I think we are going to have it coming our way no matter what. If this does occur I hope that people will come to their senses and fight for their very existence.

Iran may be the location of a Middle Eastern World War starting out, they are causing some interesting problems right now so who knows.

Back