Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved?? - Page 21

View Poll Results :Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??
Yes, there will be a WW3. 60 55.05%
Maybe, there will be WW3. 36 33.03%
No, certainly not. 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

--

April 20th, 2010  
Korean Seaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
The USA stands in position to be a tiebreaker in many situations. The equalizer in other circumstances. There is nobody capable of threatening to invade the USA. This frees the USA up to go wherever and do whatever needed. It appears to keep really big things from happening ... for now.

Bleh, I think you forgot Russia and China.....
Every aspect of Russian society is crumbling, so it won't be long before Russia change back to communism...They were much better off at that system... And well, the thing about China is obvious...
April 20th, 2010  
Czin

I agree with Seaboy. In my opinion, Russia just isn't the type of country where democracy can work for long. Totalitarianism is just too deeply rooted into it's history and the number of progressive leaders it had throughout it's long history can be counted on one hand.
April 20th, 2010  
A Can of Man

Well some things can change.
Dictatorship of one sort or another was pretty much de-facto for Korea for thousands of years. Right now though, it looks very much like it's going to stay and a military coup is unimaginable at this point.
But I wouldn't disagree with Russia having a LOT of problems.
--
April 20th, 2010  
Czin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
Well some things can change.
Dictatorship of one sort or another was pretty much de-facto for Korea for thousands of years. Right now though, it looks very much like it's going to stay and a military coup is unimaginable at this point.
But I wouldn't disagree with Russia having a LOT of problems.
Really, because I'm pretty sure about half of korea has never even heard of the word democracy.
April 21st, 2010  
Wolf

Yes, in my opinion, there will be a WW3.

I'm not very well informed on modern world affairs, nor do I have any military or political experience; but based on my own judgement, I do believe one is bound to happen in the future.

One thing I am almost certain of is that, if one does take place, it will be unlike any war the world has seen before -- it almost goes without saying. Approximately 4 decades have passed since we've had the internet, and the more our technology progresses, the more complicated things become; the more war, as we know it, changes face.

I could name countries and factions, but they would purely be guesses.
And by the time I could confidently list who will be involved, it'll probably be too late to play around with the idea.
April 26th, 2010  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Yes, in my opinion, there will be a WW3.

I'm not very well informed on modern world affairs, nor do I have any military or political experience; but based on my own judgement, I do believe one is bound to happen in the future.

One thing I am almost certain of is that, if one does take place, it will be unlike any war the world has seen before -- it almost goes without saying. Approximately 4 decades have passed since we've had the internet, and the more our technology progresses, the more complicated things become; the more war, as we know it, changes face.

I could name countries and factions, but they would purely be guesses.
And by the time I could confidently list who will be involved, it'll probably be too late to play around with the idea.
Einstein said there will be a third world war, he said he didn't know how WW3 would be fought, but that WW4 would be fought with sticks and stones, the implications of that statement he made scare the hell out of me.
April 27th, 2010  
Rob_the_2nd

I believe there will be a ww3 but very different to the past world wars. Modern technology and warfare against large industrialised nations will mean that wars will not last a long period of time. We can see through the last century that the cost of wars have increased, due to the complex and expensive technology used in combat. A nation fighting for its exsistence will not last years but more likely years. We can see this with the Military of Isreal, Switzerland (And finland?,). In times of all out total war they rely heavy on huge amounts of reserves that are usually working in the natoins economy. Thousands of men from the working class will be taken awy from their jobs to fight a war. The economy cannot last long in a war like this for long. That is why these nations including the old USSR rely on a quick war using everything they have. Plus with nuclear weapons and long range missiles WW3 will be quick but very destructive.
April 29th, 2010  
Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Einstein said there will be a third world war, he said he didn't know how WW3 would be fought, but that WW4 would be fought with sticks and stones, the implications of that statement he made scare the hell out of me.
That was very nicely put of him. I'm going to remember that one.
April 29th, 2010  
Partisan

Has anyone stopped to consider that we are already in WW3, only the press haven't got round to naiming the GWOT as such? After all it fulfills most of the criteria, apart from the fact that the war isn't prosecuted against a sovereign state.
April 30th, 2010  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan
Has anyone stopped to consider that we are already in WW3, only the press haven't got round to naiming the GWOT as such? After all it fulfills most of the criteria, apart from the fact that the war isn't prosecuted against a sovereign state.

I have, and the only reason I haven;'t said it on here is I didn't want to be first
Although I believe this is just the early stages of WW3. very early