Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved?? - Page 13

View Poll Results :Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??
Yes, there will be a WW3. 60 55.05%
Maybe, there will be WW3. 36 33.03%
No, certainly not. 13 11.93%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelO
Just so I can make this clear.

The USA could never beat China without causing Nuclear Winter.

China's army, whilst a bit crap in terms of quality would just overrun the US army with sheer numbers. I believe they can muster up an amry of about 200 Million.

There is no way in h**l that the US could even land a force big enough on Chinese soil able to beat such numbers.
But we're not contemplating the invasion of China in the scenario. I believe it was keeping China from taking over Japan, South Korea, the Phillipines, etc. The USA could probably at least delay China for a good long while on those.

Quote:
The US could bomb them, but with Russia selling China some of the best aircraft in the world, I believe China will soon be able to beat the US Air/Land, but not Sea.
Russia would be more like to be against China than with them. Sure they sell China older Russian military equipment, but they don't like each other too much.

Quote:
I personally believe that the US is going the way of all Superpowers, it's just going to become a major country, like the UK. China will be the next superpower, whether the US will still be a superpower when China is, is doubtful looking at the US's economic status.
You're right of course. The USA will diminish but remain an important player in the world thanks to our location. A lot like the UK really, but the USA isn't likely to diminish to that extent -- third largest population, vast natural resources and a good solid head start on the up and comers. But the only way that the USA can remain best and greatest is if China messes things up for themselves.

Lets not forget India. They too are rapidly developing and growing. The can come very close to matching China for numbers. China is ahead for the most part, but India is very driven and not as far behind as anybody thinks. Their population is going to surpass China's if current population growth remains steady.

I think that Southeast Asia is going to take center-stage in the world a lot sooner than most people anticipate. And it all centers around India and China. What those two nations do will determine the direction the world goes for a long time to come.
December 8th, 2004  
MichaelO

I didn't mean an all out Invasion by the US. I meant that if China started building an empire, whatever, the US would beat it back to it's own land and then the Chinese would outnumber them.

Sorry for not making it clear.
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

It is fear of China doing exactly that which has Japan, South Korea, the Phillipines, Thailand, Myramar, Australia and other planning ahead for it, just in case it does happen.

As of this moment, China is not capable of swarming everyone under but South Korea would lose quickly. As of this moment, the two most productive economies on the planet are those of the USA and Japan. You have to build planes and ships to get China accross -- Japan and the USA can outpace them in production to block them for the time being.
--
December 9th, 2004  
Darcia

Also China gets some of it's civilian goods from America, it is important to remember that America has learned how to tell if someone poses a threat. To say what a nations military will have in 5 years is hard to say, for all we know America could be building some super nuclear cannon and may put it into space.

also Russia does not sell China advanced weapons only old ones, this was proven a like a decade ago when China asked for some newer bombers from Russia.
December 9th, 2004  
gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Europe fights an Islamic Revolution from within and is victorious. This angers other Muslims worldwide and directly leads to open hostilities between the newly formed Islam Superstate and an Allied Europe and the USA. Now here's an incredibly important question: Does Russia and the rest of the former Soviet Union get involved? I think that they do which puts the Islamists at a strong disadvantage.
Russia is sort of a wild card. But they will have the most to gain from this war.

They could trade weapons for cash with the Islamics. Once the oil from Europe is cut off, the most logical place to get it will be Russia, they could get cash for oil with this. So both sides of the conflict will be a tremendous cash cow for Russian, and they aren't going to mess with that.

Russia will propbably join the war late in the conflict but only after the sistuation turns dire for Europe, but not before. They probably will figure out that the Europeans can handle themselves, so why mess with a tremendous opportunity. But later they will realize that this Empire, if it defeats Europe will also be a threat to themselves.

At the start of the war it will be just the USA and Europe vs the United Islamic Empire.

Quote:
Also, a couple questions: How did we manage to leave India out of the whole thing again? I believe you'd see them join with Europe as they would fear the implications of Superstate of Islam and has little to gain from them being victorious over Europe.
The Islamic Empire may attack India first to secure its southern flank. I doubt the West will interfere in this since there is no true strategic value. Also it could be a religiuos conflict. Besides the politics of future Europe will sway heavily in favor of the Islamic empire.
December 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Europe wouldn't be that stupid and they have a vested interest in keeping southern Asia as balanced as possible. The problem with attacking India first: they have better tech and more people --- at best the Islamic Superstate might match them but then there's another problem. Unless something drastic happens to alter things, India can lock down the Indian Ocean, especially if the get help from Europe. That strands about 250 million Muslims in Indonesia and 150 million in Bangladesh. That's not even factoring in roughly 200+ million Muslims in India itself. Total of at least 650 million muslims that probably have no chance to join barring something drastic happening.
December 9th, 2004  
gladius

Very good points.

Maybe the Islamics will have to attack India first, in order to link up with those other countries.

This is how I see it.

India becuase it is a democracy will have have a hard time keeping a large force to equal that of the Islamic empire. Democracies have a more fragile ecomic balance. Although they have more people the best they can do is keep those in reserve, at best the majority will be only be foot troops with small arms. They may have some superior tech right now, but it will be a very small percentage of the overall force.

The Islamic empire however, is a dictatorship, with vast amount of oil money too boot. Since dictatorships are different and can run at a different pace, the Islamics will have a large force with most of them well equiped, since they can afford it. The whole overall force may well consist of offensively geared heavy divisions such as amor and mech or motorized infantry. With this they may be more than a match for the Indians.

Russia has hundreds of thousands of old amor vehicles in stockpile, I'm sure when the time comes they will be happy to sell them in exchange for cold hard cash. Most of these may be old, but still if an APC can stop bullets maybe thats good enough to do the job. The tanks on the other hand maybe a different story, they more than likely will try to get more modern ones.
December 9th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

IMo i belive ww3 will never hapens, forget about the rehortoriv between china and the U.S they wil not bomb and totally kill off one and another,

In my oponion i think there a small possibiltie that one day there will be an islamic empire then they wil surely have a war or revnge thing to get even with the west.
December 9th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgoDinhdiem
revnge thing to get even with the west.
Get "even" with us? What do you mean by that?
December 9th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by NgoDinhdiem
revnge thing to get even with the west.
Get "even" with us? What do you mean by that?

i been reading lots of books on why muslim got beef with the west.. especially the USA, the majority of muslim feels that they been supressed by the west, and getting pimped by a few arabs who has the suport of the west. They feel humilated that they are sitting on most of the world's oil and yet the majority of muslim is poor.

even as in revenge, when people are percived that there are humiliated and fels hopeless, when they get money and power they will never forget , especially if you got religous fanatics running the show