Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

Will there be a WW3 and who may be invloved??

• Total voters
Switzerland might not be glowing in dark at that point -- every country surrounding them would (except Austria perhaps). That's pretty limiting. Sweden would have some degree of access to the outside world through the ocean, as would Finland. By and large, Europe's toast.

Mexico could be a strong local power -- nothing in their way if they wanted to seize control of all of North America south of the US border. As for going into the USA -- why bother ruling over a nuclear wasteland? (Canada's pretty well toast too of course.) If they want it, there wouldn't be much stopping them. Eventually, Mexico's ambitions would come into conflict with Brazil's (if both are carving out empires for themselves). Mexico would be at a disadvantage going 1 on 1 with Brazil, so it would depend on alliances.

Africa would be virtually untouched by it. South Africa and Nigeria would be in good position -- in both Africa and globally.

Mexic would have a big probalem going agianst Brazil and all of her Resources. They may lose that one.

South Africa would have a good chance to take parts of Africa also.

Probably Australia or Indonessia would be able to take on ASia while Europe is left to whoever can survive the radiation....probably some Southern Europeon nation.

Probably Australia or Indonessia would be able to take on ASia while Europe is left to whoever can survive the radiation....probably some Southern Europeon nation.

I think Indonesia would have a very hard time of doing anything given the circumstances suggested. With such a huge population, spread out like it is, and not being a particully afluent nation, it'd be prime picking for Australia to use as it pleased. Since we have relative isolation, good natural resources in iron, aluminium, oil, gas, fisheries etc etc etc, a small but afluent population and a vast expanse of desert between Indonesia and any major city.

Australia's main problem about becoming a power in ASia is the fact it is so far away from the rest of Asia.

Personally, I think the whole world is about to go to h*ll.

There is a lot of tension around the world right now, I think that Africa and Asia are on the verge of just exploding into wars that would dwarf WWII, China is looking to invade Taiwan, Russia wants to rebuild their lost empire, India wants to re-unite all the people of the Indus under one government, Muslims are gonna explode out of Saudi Arabia and the Middle East again, the EU and Russia are gonna duke it out over Eastern Europe, Brazil is gonna take a chance at invading its neighbors, and the US is probably gonna try and secure our homeland and go into isolationism again because as I have witnessed in my school many of my peers are sick of having to deal with the rest of the world and they just want to leave you guys to be on your own but still trading with everside and getting richer and fatter.

WWIII is inevtiable, I don't think it is gonna be like WWII where the loser was soundly defeated and over rav, but rather a war involving the world world but for the most part the status quo remains the same.

I agree, The rest of the world can go with out us. If we go back into isolation nw and keep building and imrpoving our military and WW3 breaks out we can remain a world power by producing good weapons and cutting military deals. However to do so we have to revamp our Industry sector and production sectros so we can let go of China,Japan, and Canada.

However I agree WW3 is coming.

The USA stands in position to be a tiebreaker in many situations. The equalizer in other circumstances. There is nobody capable of threatening to invade the USA. This frees the USA up to go wherever and do whatever needed. It appears to keep really big things from happening ... for now.

Yeah, In every World War some new power is born and some old one dies.

in WW2 the USA as a power was born and France and Britian finaly fell from theier stool of world power.

There will be no world war III, we will be fighting wars across our solar system by then. The Red planet will be stained red with the blood of mankind and will finally earn it's name. Either that our some idiot screws up first contact and the earth gets sterilized from space.

If there is a WWIII, it will start in the Balkans, Africa, South America, The Middle east, or Southern Asia.

Last edited:
Haven´t read the thread, just stubled over it, cannot vote as my option is not an option:

We *are* in WWIII currently.

Rattler

Who?

Who is always the question. Motive is the second question. In the past one country attacked another for more land, assets or political reasons. These days we have to add religion as a consideration and racial or ethnic considerations as motivation for war. It appears that future conflicts will center around religious or racial/ethnic dividing lines. Next, which nations have the capability to act and sustain any long term military action; or if the suspect nation(s) can obtain weapons for a long term commitment.
Suspect nations: Russia, China, India have the abilities to start and commit to a long term military action. Any Arab State, oil producing countries have the ability to start and procure weapons for a long term conflict. The list goes on and on. The US has the ability to start, sustain and finish a major conflict, so long as Obama is a one term President.

Who is always the question. Motive is the second question. In the past one country attacked another for more land, assets or political reasons. These days we have to add religion as a consideration and racial or ethnic considerations as motivation for war. It appears that future conflicts will center around religious or racial/ethnic dividing lines. Next, which nations have the capability to act and sustain any long term military action; or if the suspect nation(s) can obtain weapons for a long term commitment.
Suspect nations: Russia, China, India have the abilities to start and commit to a long term military action. Any Arab State, oil producing countries have the ability to start and procure weapons for a long term conflict. The list goes on and on. The US has the ability to start, sustain and finish a major conflict, so long as Obama is a one term President.

I think that the issue is clouded by the fact that many of us consider war to be between sovereign states, whereas recent history has shown that non state groups have the capability to fight, in order to influence either the debate, impose their will or shades in between.

Religion has been a rallying cry throughout history, even if it has been used to mask baser desires or aspirations. Nowadays I thimk that access to and the ability to exploit increasingly rare resources will provide the trigger, I'm thinking that water has got to come to the fore soon.

So who is going to pull the trigger? My votes are:

1. India / Pakistan
2. Iran / Saudi Arabia
3. Israel / any Arab state
4. The public / politicians

Ultimately we democracies need to accept the results of our actions, so far we've been able to ignore them, but our pigeons will come home to roost - soon.

i think yes because, all countries is competing in military, and there are so many conspiration, not only that many country is in bad relation for example INdonesia with Malaysia and many more.
CMIIW

The world as I see it:
The Cold War isn't over...It may have ended in the "communist vs capitalism" phase, but is still continuing on at "capitalism and democracy vs rest of the world".
The way I see it is:

(Fictional) Democracy
America (which is now stop trying to police the world)
Europe (which is noww being proven as a major power that is now stumbling)
South America (except maybe good old Venezuela)
Turkey (which seems to be currently neutral, but its ally is the US)
Japan (which military isn't bad nor good)
Oceania (which may prove its combat abilites to the gloomy world)
South Korea (which is still relying on US for power)
India (which is opposer of China)
Israel (very close to US despite recent disagreements)

vs

(Fictional) Opposers of democracy
Russia (which is now showing tendencies to becoming communist nowadays)
China (which is flexing its muscles nowadays)
Iran (which stands against the wall of US sanctions with a crazy prez)
Anybody wants to add some more?

Neutral
Africa, rest of the world

Judging from today's society, WWIII will probably happen in a Cold-War stylish way with no nukes.....

Back