will there ever be a zero-Casualty war?

--

June 26th, 2005  
CSmaster

Topic: will there ever be a zero-Casualty war?

zero-casualty has been a pretty hot topic after Gulf war in which coalition force defeated mass Iraqi troops with very little casualty.

since than, most of war U.S participated in had very few american death and wounds, largely due to U.S force's superior training and technology

many believe that in the future, with great training, and superub military technology and equipments, there can be a zero-casualty war.

but in recent U.S' occupation in Iraq, there have been over 1600 american death and 15000 more wounded despite its supeior training and tech and despite the fact that its enemy is a loosely orgnized, badly-equiped insurgent "army".

so will there ever be a zero-casualty war?
June 26th, 2005  
c/Commander

No. If there are no casualties, then there is no loss, which means there cannot be victory, which means war would be pointless. When wars are zero-casualty, they will stop being fought.
June 26th, 2005  
CSmaster

by zero-casaulty, i mean to the side with great training and great tech..

not the enemy side

they can kill 1000 enemies with no losses, that is what i mean by zero-casualty war
--
June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

we already had a zero casualty war

I forgot what time period....

the war was about to start under a afternoon sun. both countries were raring to go, then they had an eclipse. Scared, both countries descided not to continue the war, because "the gods" said other wise.

I still get a smile everytime I hear that.
June 27th, 2005  
CSmaster

do i have to explain again..

by zero casualty , i mean for the winner, and he must WIN, not cancel the battle...
June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

oh, oh.

sorry, I usually only read the first post then write my comment.
June 27th, 2005  
CSmaster

no problem man

and i think as long as humans fight in the battle (no matter how high tech), there will always be death and wounds,

but maybe a robot war in the future?
June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

robot wars will be more deadly. with a robot soldier, the science is unlimited. robots will not suffer, depression, or have feelings for killing civilians. robots will march through towns with women and children and kill everything that breathes. don't look to robots. we ran that simulation already. the genocide factor is to high.
June 27th, 2005  
Kilgore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misazeno
robot wars will be more deadly. with a robot soldier, the science is unlimited. robots will not suffer, depression, or have feelings for killing civilians. robots will march through towns with women and children and kill everything that breathes. don't look to robots. we ran that simulation already. the genocide factor is to high.
What do you mean you ran a simulation? Can you inform me more about this?
June 27th, 2005  
Miss-Banned

easy.. take a computer and program as much war data, presidental data, civilian data, everything thats connected to war, to make "the computer smart"

make a program, then introduce foreign "life forms" into the system. very easy concept. you'd be suprised at all the simulations we've ran. You guys haven't done this yet. Whats taking you guys so long?

I'm not violating any government laws about this, mostly because it's old news, so I'll give you the stuff thats not under the confidential files. Just ask the question and I'll give you the answer. But know I can't answer all you questions, some info is still secret.