Will you still serve?

WannabeRanger

While at lunch today I was talking with some of my peers. Most are planning to join the military. Then one said that if he has to fight for Gerorge Bush he would rather not fight at all. I see this as entirely wrong. I am not going to enlist for George W. Bush but rather to defend my country. I just wanted some opinions. Would you ever not fight for a man in power that you don't like? I may not like Bush but he is not bad enough not for me to change my mind about enlisting. The only case I can see my self doing this is if the man is some suicidal wacko bent on world domination or something of the nature. Sound off![/quote]

I saw we just permantly elect the Clintons to serve, at least when they were in office we had some cool scandels going.

Dameon said:
I would never serve under a Republican Ran Government.

That is a dangerous school of thought. Remember we are all the same, even John Kerry said "everyone of us still wake up an American" this is true, never let petty differences in opinion split you from your brothers, we all should be united.

Anyways, unless a communist party rises to power, it will never matter to me who is at the seat, I would join regardless

I don't think Bush is the problem. Overall he is probably a pretty decent person. However, his administration are the ones that is creating these useless wars and conflicts. He is like their puppet. Especially Dick Cheney.

You should wait until Bush is gone and then enlist with a good administration.

Dameon said:

Why?

Dameon said:
I saw we just permantly elect the Clintons to serve, at least when they were in office we had some cool scandels going.

Clinton, near the end of his second term, plunged this economy down the drain mate. Clinton always went for the women who looked like they'd just been mugged.

Monica :

http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~eric/images/humor/monical.jpg

Kathleen Willy:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/03/28/clinton.jones/willey.ap.jpg

Paula jones:

http://untruenews.com/more_images/paula_jones.jpg

Gennifer Flowers:

http://cache.eonline.com/On/Holly/Shows/Clinton/Images/fact2.clinton.bill.120803.jpg

Others: Elizabeth Ward Gracen, Sally perdue, Dolly Browning

None of them were good looking :lol:

Getting back on topic, of course. :lol:

It does not matter who is president, I will serve my country honorably.

I went to Kosovo under Clinton and Iraq under Bush. If Kerry would have been elected, I would have gone back to Iraq under him. Instead, it'll be under Bush.

I would say over 70% of the soldiers on active duty are happy that Bush has been re elected. When the news broke out that Kerry accepted defeat, there was a loud cheer in our building. That cheer is coming from 160 infantry soldiers that will be deploying to Iraq or the Stan sometime next year.

It is the opinion of the soldier that matters in this issue.

Dameon said:

This is such an idiotic statement.

This is just as idiotic as saying I would never serve in under a Democrat run Government.

If this is the kind of person that wanted Kerry to win I'm glad Bush won.

The military is there to enforce the foreign policy of the government of the day. We dont get to pick and choose the who we serve under and we dont spit the dummy when the leader we wanted didnt get in, we just do our job the best way we can with what we have got. Thats whats called being a professional military.

Like a lot of what these people are saying, you should serve your country and not your president. I know I'm joining regardless of who's president. But I'm itching for some action, which apparently I'm going to get (which I also hear I will regret later).

The President is nothing but a representative of the public that we elect to serve us, the people of the United States. This stupid bickering over party affiliations is exactly what the founding fathers of the US didn't want to happen, it'll only divide the country.

cbbr08 said:
I would serve Dem or Rep. What diff does it make when your trying to defend your country?
This is why George Washington never supported any political parties, per se(?sp)y.

Im willing to serve my country. Im not here to serve my president or anyone else. Just serving the country I was born in 8)

I will serve my country.Period. No matter who is president, or even if I dont agree with the reason for war. Soldiers were once told at a vaccination, "Shut up and stikc your arm out." I plan to shut up and stick my neck out.

I'm a patriot as much as the next guy, but blind patriotism will only get people killed. I'm still a citizen of the US so I'd still question the government's decisions.

Fighting to serve your country is a dangerous thought as well. What if your country turns into crap? - You should always fight for the most honorable ideals with the most honorable means and intentions conceivable, no less.

I'm a patriot as much as the next guy, but blind patriotism will only get people killed. I'm still a citizen of the US so I'd still question the government's decisions.

Its a great relief to read this. Questioning the gouverment's decisions and fighting for what you think right is what democracy is all about. :)

Back