This Will Make You Sick - Pics of guns being destroyed

If the handgun in question was carried illegally, it opens the avenue of prosecution in an environment unfriendly to Second Amendment rights. That, in turn, opens the doors for civil litigation. If he'd been carrying legally, a judge couldn't touch him.

5.56X45mm said:
The Pistol fought against the Germans hordes during WWII and were later used by some against their own communist governments in Afghanistan.

Don't forget that the Viet Cong used it against the Americans in Vietnam, the Afghani's still use it against the Canadians, Americans, British, and so on. Iraqies use it Against the Americans, Austrailians, and so on. The Serbians used it against NATO forces and so on again. I think you get the point. And yes I know that sh*t loads of other guns have done the same.

5.56 multiplied by 45mm, you quote Freud. You obviously know very little about Freud and his preoccupation with sex in his research. His work has been discredited over many years.

Your love of guns is a worry. No wonder the statistics for domestic shootings in the USA is amazingly high.

moving0target said:
If the handgun in question was carried illegally, it opens the avenue of prosecution in an environment unfriendly to Second Amendment rights. That, in turn, opens the doors for civil litigation. If he'd been carrying legally, a judge couldn't touch him.

Even if had been carrying legally they could have sued, for the injuries sustained the muggers recieved. In Civil Court is much easier to get a judgement against you than than in criminal court, just ask OJ Simpson.

Lord Londonderry said:
5.56 multiplied by 45mm, you quote Freud. You obviously know very little about Freud and his preoccupation with sex in his research. His work has been discredited over many years.

Your love of guns is a worry. No wonder the statistics for domestic shootings in the USA is amazingly high.

Wow! Talk about a shot out of left field. Why don't we just make a whole topic in which we can bash 5.56. Unless he's writing his posts from prison, I rather doubt he's made a habit of shooting up his housemates.

Wow! I just laughed when he said 5.56 multiplied by 45mm. Funny stuff.

And the Great State of Florida, which I live in. Has far more relaxed gun laws than New City or Washington DC. And Guess what....... We also have a lower crime rate and murder rate! I wonder why, oh wait. I know why. It's because when the people have the right and the means to defend themselves. Criminals and scumbags go somewhere else to prey on victims.

And the only house mates that I ever pointed a firearm at were the damn ducks on the TV from Nintendo's Duck Hunt for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

small_riga8-2NES-zapper.jpg

duck_hunt.gif

Lord Londonderry said:

Now now let's not jump to conclusions about whether most people in the US are like 5.56x45 or whether he's all about shooting his family simply because he has a slightly eccentric passion for guns.

5.56X45mm said:
American Dad kicks ass as a TV show.
No doubt. It's getting better than Family Guy.
5.56X45mm said:
Wow! I just laughed when he said 5.56 multiplied by 45mm. Funny stuff.
The volume should be (pi x 5.56² x 45) mm³. No wait, a bullet's not a cylinder.
5.56X45mm said:
And the only house mates that I ever pointed a firearm at were the damn ducks on the TV from Nintendo's Duck Hunt for the Nintendo Entertainment System.

small_riga8-2NES-zapper.jpg

duck_hunt.gif
"OMG, you virtual holocaust perpetrator" is what I'd say if I was a PETA member. Since I'm not I'll say "TOTAL CLASSIC"

And the Great State of Florida, which I live in. Has far more relaxed gun laws than New City or Washington DC. And Guess what....... We also have a lower crime rate and murder rate! I wonder why, oh wait. I know why. It's because when the people have the right and the means to defend themselves. Criminals and scumbags go somewhere else to prey on victims.[/quote]

Totally False, Miami Florida has a much higher violent crime rate than both Washington DC and New York. Look at the chart. As a matter of fact if you look close those cities with the looser gun laws Houston, Dallas, Miami, Memphis Atlanta, Detroit etc are the HIGHEST levels.

Look at the chart (offenses per 100,000 people)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004902.html

And the FBI has rated NYC the saftest city in the US for the past 2 years

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aHWGwSJjpbOU&refer=us

mmarsh said:

Do you know where those guns were likely to ended up if they were not destroyed? The Black Market. This is the Eastern Block, and all unsecured weaponry attracts thieves like flies on sh**. Surely as an LEO you should be aganist anything the arms criminals or terrorists. You'd never know if those weapons would someday get pointed in your direction.

:pray: Hear, hear!! These weapons don`t kill soldiers, they kill children at 7-11..

major liability said:
In a recent poll, it was found that I'd feel safer if 5.56x45mm was my neighbor than an anti-gun campaigner.
In a recent poll, it was found that Major Liability is spot on. I think I would feel safer. Not just with 5.56, but with any pro-gun person. In that video with Penn and Teller about Gun Control, the woman with all the weapons in the store would be my number one pick...Link to video:http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20308&highlight=Penn+Teller

East Europe and the United States are two very different places. East europe has poor gun control laws and will have them for a while until they can take down the crime bosses and get to the actual movers of the guns. America is fairly safe, but the gun control laws aren't for country folk or small towns. The gun laws are for cities, and cities that have enforced gun control are safer than the ones that aren't as enforcing. NYC is now very safe and should be a model for cleaning up the streets of other large cities.

Because we were raised to be respectful of one another?

I remember in elemtary school my teacher told us to be nice and help others out when they needed it. She didn't then pass an AK-47 around to reinforce her lesson.

A few gun facts.

http://www.gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

A. General Death Rates

Heart disease 710,760 Cancer 553,091 Stroke (cerebrovascular disease) 167,661 Chronic lower respiratory diseases 122,009 Doctor's negligence 98,329 Influenza and pneumonia 65,313 Motor-vehicle 43,354 Suicides (all kinds, including firearms) 29,350

Firearms (Total) * 28,163

Suicides - 16,586
Homicides - 10,801
Accidents - 776

Accidents (six causes)

Falls 13,322
Poison (solid, liquid) 12,757
Choking on food or other object 4,313
Drowning 3,402
Fires, flames 3,377
Firearms 776
Homicides (all instruments) 16,765

[SIZE=-1]Source: Except for the figure on doctor's negligence, the above information is for 2000 and is taken from National Safety Council, Injury Facts: 2003 Edition, at 10, 19-20, 129. The number of yearly deaths attributed to doctor's negligence is based on the Harvard Medical Practice Study (1990) which is cited in Kleck, Point Blank, at 43.127

*The total firearms death figure above is a summary of the "Suicides," "Homicides" and "Accidents" subcategories. The Total excludes two categories: Legal Intervention and Undetermined.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]5. Violence by any other name is still violent[/SIZE] -- Many countries with strict gun control laws have violence rates that are equal to, or greater than, that of the United States. Consider the following rates:

High Gun Ownership Countries

Country - SwitzerlandSuicide - 21.4
Homicide - 2.7
Total - 24.1 *

Country - Denmark
Suicide - 22.3
Homicide - 4.9Total - 27.2 *

Country - U.S.
Suicide - 11.6
Homicide - 7.4
Total - 19.0 *

Low Gun Ownership Countries

Country - France
Suicide - 20.8
Homicide - 1.1
Total - 21.9 *

Country - ISRAEL
Suicide - 6.5
Homicide - 1.4Total -
7.9 *

Country - JAPAN
Suicide - 16.7
Homicide - 0.6Total - 17.3 * *

[SIZE=-1]
* The figures listed in the table are the rates per 100,000 people.​

** Suicide figures for Japan also include many homicides.
Source for table: U.S. figures for 1996 are taken from the Statistical Abstract of the U.S. and FBI Uniform Crime Reports. The rest of the table is taken from the UN 1996 Demographic Yearbook (1996, cited at http://www.haciendapub.com/stolinsky.html.

The United States has experienced far fewer TOTAL MURDERS than Europe over the last 70 years. In trying to claim that gun-free Europe is more peaceful than America, gun control advocates routinely ignore the overwhelming number of murders that have been committed in Europe.​
* Over the last 70 years, Europe has averaged about 400,000 murders per year, when one includes the murders committed by governments against mostly unarmed people.169 That murder rate is about 16 times higher than the murder rate in the U.S.170​
* Why hasn’t the United States experienced this kind of government oppression? Many reasons could be cited, but the Founding Fathers indicated that an armed populace was the best way of preventing official brutality. Consider the words of James Madison in Federalist 46:
Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger . . . a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands.171​
[/SIZE]​

Care to define Europe?

To me it is an area comprising many countries which has a total population maybe 4 times that of the USA some of which are somewhat backward and pretty much run by organised crime and over the last 70 have been run by dictatorships.

Can you perhaps indicate a single european country that has statisic's based on a per capita model that is worse than the US as that would be a little more realistic.

Last edited:
Back