WILL GERMANY RISE AGAIN: FOURTH REICH?

*shaking head* I doubt it...at least I don't see it happening in my lifetime. For there to be a "Fourth Reich", Germany would have to produce a charismatic figure who could lead the nation to achieve a level of political, economic, and military prominence within the European Union roughly equivalent to that of Russia in the former Soviet Union. Unfortuantely, the rise to power of such an individual, particularly a German national, would very likely be blocked by other member nations of the EU who would fear the ascension of a new Germany.

I'm not saying that it COULDN'T happen...just that I don't think it likely.

lol
just one thing.......
never.....
come on guys dont you think we learned from our faults?
did you ever recognize how sensible germany is, according to neonazi things?
As i posted somerhwere else in this forum, fe the commanding officcer of our KSK has been dismissed after he wrote a positive letter to a member of the parliament, that hold a speech that could be considered as "old fashioned". the whole army was a mess for a week.
Every child has history in school. No way for a repeat.
You even cant sing our national anthem here, exept at sport events. If you do, you seem to be a nazi. If you go out in uniform in bigger cities, you will be called a nazi. The federal court even decided, that it is legal to call a german soldier a potential murderer, If you have a german flag in your garden, you are a nazi, if you say im proud to be german, youre a nazi............blablabla....know what i mean?
A fourth reich......may I laugh????
Do you guys know what you talk about??
I bet that no other country in the world is more sensible for nazis than germany....
damn such things make me upset.......

yes it is......
the younger generation now slowly begin to normalize their relationship towards their history, but the older ones that were born before 1970 have been so indoctrinated, that everything before 1945 was evil.
I just heard about a boy that was sent out of the classroom by the teacher, because he said, that he is proud to be a german.
But open proudness is unusual and not liked. For me as a soldier I rise, when somewhere, f.e. in a stadium, our national anthem is played. I always earn bad looks (can i say that?). Of course I see it as a duty, especially for Germany, because of our history, to prevent nazism everywhere. But i think we go too far.
Beeing a Patriot is quite difficult here.
All those things that you do in USA, you know flags everywhere, the national anthem evrey morning in the schools, and so on....those thing wouldnt be possible here........

That's like the north and south poles... proud of being a German before 1945 and then somehow lost of identity as a German after WW2.

That's different in Japan. Japanese are still proud to be Japanese.
I wonder what social changes took place in Germany after the war.. of course there are many, like East and West Germany in the past... :roll:

Hmm... the changes....
ok people where told that every german was a nazi. The whole world looked upon us with hate and accused the germans for the holocoust, and having started the world war.
I think the people just accepted that image.....
They even didnt want to found a new army. When the Bundewehr then was fouinded in 1956. It was pointed in our contitution, that our armed forces will never be brought into action outside the german borders.
Our writers wrote hundrets of books about the terror of the nazi regime, and many of of them had to be read in school. (i cant cant count how many books of berthold brecht and günther grass i had to read). It was always persent for the last 50 years, that WE (not the nazis), are guilty of the holocoust and WW2. Because of the hereditary guilt, that we have, because all our fathers were nazis. Some people still think that way.
It often is quite dangerous being on vacation in Britain or France. If you say you are german, it can end with you being beaten up by some guys, for being a nazi. I had to find that out the hard way a few times. Some of my friends just say that they are from austria when they are on vacation....

Thanks for the info Pollux.
Hm, didn't know it was that bad... :?

It's really a shame that you can't openly be proud of your country...

I don't think so.....
Three Reichs were enough. ;)

But yeah, it's petty You can't be proud on Your country. :?

the third reich was enough
the first two were pretty ok
1. The roman empire
2. The german empire during the napoelonic ages
hitler dreamed of a third reich as big and longlasting as they were

Pollux I think that it has gone to far to be honest, anyone knows that germans are not nazis anymore. I didn´t think it was this bad but I have had an gut feeling that it might be like your are saying. I really think that it is time for all nations to change their attitude towards germans. What you are talking about is almost as scarring as nazis and I think that if people do not go ahead and put this damn war aside than people can turn against it but in a different turnout so to say.

Everytime it is elections here in sweden a couple of months or so and to the last weak, they are pounding us with documentarys aboute Adolf Hitler, the SS or the holocost as if it would be some kind of propaganda to make people wote as they always do here. In sweden it is almost the same thing, before the Neonazi "wave" in the 90s kids could sing our national athem in the schools at their breaking-up.

Today it is forbidden to sing our anthem in some schools. You are called neonazi here if you are proud of your country. But that It was so bad as it apperently is in Germany today and since war ended 1945 I could not imagine. There is very few documentarys that shows both sides on the TV. Always nazis are the monsters, and germany and the german people are monsters. That is what they still say. :|

But hey man. Some people like to live in the past and are acting as horrorlizards, Im not one of them. And I am still not a Neonazi thats for sure. If you came here to me and my wife you and your friends would be welcome as Germans and still be proud of your homeland and country, that I can promise you Pollux ;) :D

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Thx a lot Doc :D
As i said, it has got better here during the last 3 oder 4 years. But everytime when some sick Neonazis beat up a foreigner or throw a molotow cocktail, its a step backwards.......

Pollux said:
It often is quite dangerous being on vacation in Britain or France. If you say you are german, it can end with you being beaten up by some guys, for being a nazi. I had to find that out the hard way a few times. Some of my friends just say that they are from austria when they are on vacation....
I know the problem. I had it a couple of times just because the languages sound simular to the Brits and the French.... I had a receptionist in a hotel appologising to me, because he didn't want to help me at first because he thought I was German... I only asked if they had tennisballs I could lend to play on their court. I only got them after I told him I wasn't German, but Dutch.
I agree with Pollux, I don't think the Germans will be fooled again by some nice talking painter.... ;)

As far as I know, no one here in the US would beat you up about being a German. Maybe some smug kids would crack jokes, but other then that no one seems to mind. We seem to have forgotten about hating Germany, and probably a long time before I was born. I can't believe how bad it is over there.. I think we only hate you for not supporting the War in Iraq :D

I was born in Germany and my family moved over to the United States when I was like 1 so I really didn't know it was that bad over in Germany either.

But back onto the topic, I don't think anybody would let there be a Fourth Reich. The UN would take the leader out if they even knew they were making a larger military. Like if Germany started mass-producing tanks and other weapons, the leader of the country would be gone before you could say... I don't know, anything.

I think the military doesn count so much.
We still have the biggest ground force in Europe.
Actually when when cold war was at its climax, we had as many tanks, as in 1942 before we attacked russia. Additional we had 64 active Mech Inf bataillons. So we had more armed forces than whole western Europe together ;) .
I think its more important how politics would change and become more aggressive.

I don't think it is possible anymore.

First of all the Germans don't have to intension to do it again.
Second, the environment around Germany makes it impossible for Germany to go the old Nazi way.

Germany has been simply embedded into the Euro Continent Cocept.

Pollux said:
I think the military doesn count so much.
We still have the biggest ground force in Europe.
Actually when when cold war was at its climax, we had as many tanks, as in 1942 before we attacked russia. Additional we had 64 active Mech Inf bataillons. So we had more armed forces than whole western Europe together ;) .
I think its more important how politics would change and become more aggressive.

;) really insightful.. now we know more about Germany.
Maybe another country will be the Fourth Reich, if it's not Germany?

well...i wouldnt call it a fourth reich..but if the european union ever rolled all its countries military forces into one unified fighting body...you could have the beginings of another.

Lets hope that its the begining of pax europea..... :D

" I don´t think we have to look after any special country for an answer to this one Mark. The New World Order is a good candidate for the new fourth reich." :lol: ;)

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Back