WILL GERMANY RISE AGAIN: FOURTH REICH?

I know Americans dont think that Germans are Nazi's. We dont say "Germany" when talking about ww2, we say "Nazi Germany".

No.

The Germans are well educated about there WW2 involvement. Unfortunately the Japanese are not.

it was great to see the German leader at the recent D-Day commemorations.

There were some dicussions about that here....
because he just visited a british cemetary, and no german one.....

Like some people already said, I don't think there is the slightest chance of a "fourth reich" because of our current political system as well as influence from our neighbouring countries.

Uncle_Sam said:
Well, what do You say about this than?
I read an article in news paper about nazism raging again, and I tried to find some more on google, and this is what I came across..... :evil:

Sorry, but I dont understand your question.
Would you please be more precisely?
Of course there exist Nazi organisations, also in Germany, but they have a hard life here. All Nazi symbols are forbidden, and if you carry, or even own one, you can be punished. Every organisation, that is proven to be nationalistic, will be forbidden.
I think in the US it is by far easier to found such organisations.

Dictionary.com defines "reich" as:

"The territory or government of a German state, as the Holy Roman Empire, or First Reich, from the ninth century to 1806; the German Empire, or Second Reich, from 1871 to 1919; the Weimar Republic, from 1919 to 1933; or the Third Reich, from 1933 to 1945."

Unless I am completely wrong in my interpretation of history, the only one of those associated with Nazism was the Third Reich, which lasted only 12 years.

I know that the Neo-Nazi movement keeps agitating for the establishment of a "Fourth Reich", but I don't see that happening.

In my opinion, my original reply remains valid. If history records the existance of a Fourth Reich, it is likely to be referring to something that will have been established after our lifetimes. It will take time for the memories to fade, but eventually Germany under Nazism will be relegated to the same dusty history books as Russia under Ivan the Terrible or the Roman Empire under Caligula...it just won't matter anymore.

makes sense.

so,,,anybody want to put money on the establishment of another german reich?

as apposed to a chinese empire?

as opposed to a roman empire?

as opposed to a japanese co-prosperity sphere?

as opposed to making the world safe for a democracy?

seems like the terms are different... :shock:

BTW...would an economic empire count as well? The saudis could buy and sell most nations...if the price was right. Or if the market was right. You have to remember, the cold war with the soviet union ended up as an economic battle...look who won that.

later

:D

I don't know about a New Roman Empire, although I can see the establishment of a Fourth Reich with the creation of a New Holy Roman Empire. Not with the current political climate, of course...but the possibility is there.

I can also see a Japanese Co-Prosperity Sphere, although I think it would be more economic in nature than military.

As for a renewed Chinese Empire...no really. Too much has changed in the world political climate for such to be established again short of a massive world war that reduces civilization back to near-barbarism.

As a side note, though...when the Soviet Union collapsed and the former Republics were scrambling around trying to decide on how to set up a government, there was a faction that seriously considered inviting the current heir to the Romanov throne (living in Monaco at the time, I believe) to reclaim the crown as Czar. Nothing came of it, of course...but had it happened, Russia could have become a Constitutional Monarchy like England.

So I guess anything is possible.

As I understand it, Hitler used the term "third reich" to discribe Germany as he wanted it to be. He never achieved it! He never concoured enough land to claim that Germany was the third reich.

So that would mean that before there can ever be a fourth, there first has to be a third.......

As to Germany being ruled by Nazi's again, I think there's a bigger chance of the US being ruled by the KKK.

OK maybe it can't be the Fourth Reich, but all is not in the name. Is it possible that another radical faction (not nececerily rightist) rises in Germany. After all the economy is in recesion as it was in 1933 :twisted:

yurry said:
Is it possible that another radical faction (not nececerily rightist) rises in Germany.

No way! Our ' dictatorship of democracy' will never allow any form of anti-democratic mass-movements. No matter if it's nationalism, communism, monarchy or anything else. The only chance for those people would be some sort of revolution or civil war or whatever you would call it.

1217 said:
As I understand it, Hitler used the term "third reich" to discribe Germany as he wanted it to be. He never achieved it! He never concoured enough land to claim that Germany was the third reich.

So that would mean that before there can ever be a fourth, there first has to be a third.......

As to Germany being ruled by Nazi's again, I think there's a bigger chance of the US being ruled by the KKK.

Exactly.

Hitler was a big loser, he was completely devastated by his enemies in a couple of years, in no way to compare against real Emperors like Chenghis Khan, in no way to call Nazi Germany an Empire.

i will raise a glass to ghengis khan! :cheers: that was one awesome leader of men!

course, he did have that rape, pillage and burn the town fetish..... :D

Kublain and Ghengis Khan were two very interesting personalities, but please stay on topic.

Feel free to start some new threads about them if you want to.. :)

MARC said:
:avi: Of course, the French will not allow this to happen!

Thank you for allowing me to feel safer while I sleep tonight because France is watching my back.

-

I think there will always be some wacko(s) out there who want to rule for a thousand years, conqure the world, drive people out into the sea and make them their slaves almost. But I think in this climate it would be impossible. We already have terrorism, dictators, gung-ho militas and skinheads.

People will always want to bring back Facism, there are groups in Germany who march every year just like in Moscow, they march to bring back the Soviet Union.

If I wasn't mistaken wasn't communism also suppose to last forever?

Back