Will egypt buy su-35

This purchase is new to me.
Even more coming from Egypt, which currently is a major buyer of U.S. ordnance. Egypt has a large fleet of F-16 of various versions I still believe that the Egyptian air force will retool fighters Americans.
The Su-35 is a candidate for countries like Venezuela, Libya and China.

Egypt to buy su 35 and mig 29

Will Egypt buy su35 and MIg 29 ?

i have read a lot about this subject in many forums so does any one know about this ?

Egypt as Hamdy Wahba announce negotiate with China and Russia for manufacture new fighters like SU-30/35 and J-10A/B for future requirements of a new high-low mix requirement.
Egypt has also asked the Pakistani Air force for JF-17 thunders. They are still being looked over by the Egypt Air force

aid special site for the Russian Defense Ministry had consultations forth in the month of March Almzai with NAND Egyptians regarding entering Egypt to finance the manufacture of fifth generation fighter which su 35 and placed Egypt in arranging the first first country in the Middle East intervention in the financing of manufacturing fighter especially after exit Cairo Mantle American hegemony that step comes after the success of the Egyptian delegation to prepare the climate for Egypt's entry into the era of the Soviet era strongly after the refusal of the United States to give Cairo f15 fighter aircraft and the deal is the second of its kind after the Egyptian number 40 Mig-29 aircraft smt version developed
And also the retention of a compilation of photographs and Edjaal amendments
The source via Cairo welcomed the entry Lund stubbornly strong alliance of American weapons and some observers see on the horizon close cooperation between Cairo and Moscow in many fields especially in the areas of nuclea

Last edited:
"Merged the threads. You don't need to make a second thread for the same thing. "

I am sorry , I am a new user and i just registered yesterday
Thanks anyway

"This purchase is new to me.
Even more coming from Egypt, which currently is a major buyer of U.S. ordnance. Egypt has a large fleet of F-16 of various versions I still believe that the Egyptian air force will retool fighters Americans.
The Su-35 is a candidate for countries like Venezuela, Libya and China. "

Thanks spertnez

Well egypt is considering buying it as a dedicated air superiority fighter, but they were only considering it. Venezuela however bought around 24 of them and has been offered to malaysia, algeria, china, libya, india, and indonesia. No one except venezuela has taken interest and it was recently beaten eliminated from brazil's fx-2 competition. So no news yet.

Egypt is negotiating license production for the jf-17 with pakistan and they did show interest in the mig-29m a couple years ago so maybe they will have a hi-lo mix of f-16/mig-29m and jf-17.

I think that a lot of countries will buy planes from several countries so that they are not reliant on just one country. They must be thinking what would happen if a conflict broke out with Israel, would America still supply planes and spare parts for the aircraft that they had bought from them or would America put a block on sales to help Israel. Now with Israel crossing the border and shooting dead seven Egyptian uniformed border guards and no one has said any thing to Israel about it then it must be pushing Egypt towards Russia.

I think that a lot of countries will buy planes from several countries so that they are not reliant on just one country. They must be thinking what would happen if a conflict broke out with Israel, would America still supply planes and spare parts for the aircraft that they had bought from them or would America put a block on sales to help Israel. Now with Israel crossing the border and shooting dead seven Egyptian uniformed border guards and no one has said any thing to Israel about it then it must be pushing Egypt towards Russia.

Yes, the idea of logistic tactic sounds plausible to me.

The problem though that it creates a logistics nightmare. As not only you need the aircraft but spare parts, weapons, support vehicles, etc are not always interchangeable, espicially if you are mixing Russian, Chinese, and Western technology.

Back