YES, more than two or three decades later 16 30.77%
YES, but beyond my lifetime 2 3.85%
NO. China is interested to use force 23 44.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

It is indeed a good news if you don't want to solve the problem by bloody war.

Seems taiwan people are getting smarter now or willing to face the true reality.
December 13th, 2004  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
BUsh is a frickin nutter with a pea-sized brain that his father calls proud, cmon, he cant even say internet right, plurizing it makes him sound very dumb... Bush won the majority thourgh his morality crap that made everyone blieve that alqueda is evil and all, when i think, its just a set up to start a fake terror war in which is used to capture the mind of every american, thereby leading to the iraq war today.
Honestly, why do you feel it necessary to belittle the man? If you disagree with something he does, then great - disagree with that. Keep the political party psycho-babble to a minimum. It just leads to flamewars.
I agree with both of you there.

China will probably attack Taiwan at one point or another.
December 14th, 2004  
SAINT

I don't think the US will want to be involve in the conflict between China and Taiwan (if it happens).. Both are friends of the US and it is difficult for the US to take sides if two of her friends fight each other.

Just like in life we can't help one or the other if both fight and they both are also your friends. The most one can do is to try to counsel or intervene lightly.

The situation is different from North and South Korea as the North is not a friend to the US and any attacks from the North will surely see US massive involvement.
--
Boots
December 14th, 2004  
MadeInChina

good.. veyr good, chenshuibien is down, at least his crazy schemes are low for a while, that whole non-chinese crap is making most chinese mad
December 14th, 2004  
Damien435

Topic: Re: It seems that most poll participants are for peaceful re

Quote:
Originally Posted by beallears
So nice to see the poll statistical result saying that over 50% is for peaceful way.
Well duh, look at how the question is phrased, the only option is that somehow China will re-unite with Taiwan, the person who started this never acknowledged the fact that China might never re-unite with Taiwan. "No, China is only interested in using force." what a stupid way to put it, if their were "peaceful" ways to re-unite they would use them, to word it like that is saying that if Taiwan offered peaceful plans to re-unite with China they would be turned down in favor of plans to use force. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this poll is that it was poorly worded.

And about this "US not getting involved BS." Why does everyone think that after China attacks a United States Navy Carrier Battle Group and having to destoy or desable that entire fleet that the US will back down? Hell no, we would mobilize for an all out war just like we have done in the past. Put your self in our shoes, hundreds, if not thousands of your sailors are killed in a surprise attack, what would you do? And last time thousands of our sailors and civilians were killed in a surprise attack we completely destroyed the Japanese ability to make war while also fighting against Germany in the East. The United States now and within the next couple decades will be able to defeat any single nation in a conventional war, and I bet Russia would not just sit by and watch the US and China duke it out, they would likely join on our side and take Manchuria away, like they tried to do in 1945.
December 14th, 2004  
SAINT

There is hardly any reason for the US to send her carrier task force to 'rescue' Taiwan..

The US can be the referee for the fight between China and Taiwan (if it happens).. rather than be involved in the fight between two brothers who are both friends of the US.

December 14th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Seems taiwan people are getting smarter now or willing to face the true reality.
Do you really think people who don't agree with you are not as smart?

All I can read from the election result is, Taiwanese decided to give the opposition more power to keep the current ruling party in check. The hasty TI movement that angered China and the US lit a red light for most of the people and they feel threatened, which I must respect since those are the people who live there, and should decide what direction Taiwan should take.
December 14th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Of course they feel threatened, only not-smart guys don't mind all their properties being destroyed in bloody wars.
December 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

one carrier group??? u need at least 3

chinas got alot of subs that are capable of killing carrier groups, so us is going to need mroe than 2 to save taiwan, carry chenshuibien home to the us, and start the TI revolution
December 15th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT
There is hardly any reason for the US to send her carrier task force to 'rescue' Taiwan..
Sure we do, China's immediate goal is to re-unite with Taiwan, so long as Taiwan in "independent" China will not look to attack else where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field Marshal DJ
one carrier group??? u need at least 3
Yes, lots of noisy diesels. one nuclear powered submarine could take out many diesels, and plus their would be several destroyers in the fleet, and who said we would only use one?