--
Boots

December 3rd, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Well, I for one have seen many, many people saying that Bush is a tyrant, which would imply that he has complete control and that democracy has failed.
They're called "sore losers". The democracy worked fine.
I was not referring to Democrats, or any American at that.
December 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Foreigners? If they're saying that about Bush, they're still sore losers in my book.
December 3rd, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Foreigners? If they're saying that about Bush, they're still sore losers in my book.
Bingo.
--
Boots
December 4th, 2004  
MadeInChina

Quote:
Flak88 wrote:
as much as the outside wants china to have democracy, i wouldnt have it anyother way than our good ol one party system
1) multiparty could bring hazadrous warefare and civil dispute, especially in the land of chin ain which this has been done over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

I know not where this is or the history of this region so I really can not comment here.

Quote:
2) democracy would not work, if everybody is allowed to vote, even the peasants, then the whole system wold be corrupted because rich party leaders could easily buy votes from these poor peasants for a high price.

Vote buying? How so? In return for votes they build better plumbing systems, parks, build roads and schools? Stuff along those lines used to be called vote buying in America, not paying them to vote is something else completely, but almost impossible in China, in order to get a majority someone would need 500,000,000 votes, if they gave each "peasant" one dollar for voting for them they would have to spend $500,000,000, not many people in China could afford to do that, heck, that is double what Bush spent in 2004, and he set a record here in America.

Quote:
3) democracy is inefficient especially in china, where there are always a huge side aginist another huge side.

Well, in America we are split 51/49 but it still works, even with the country so "divided" we are still able to move forward.

Quote:
4) sigh, jus tlook at ukraine

So you are going to let America and Russia give money to different canidates and then let them influence the outcome of the elections? Perhaps you are right then, democracy would not be good for China if they are going to become a puppet whose strings are pulled in opposite directions by Russia and the US.

Quote:
well, china rite now could do only 2 things
1) cut back some power to locals inorder to stop corruption and the seperate bureaus : civil law bureau and the police bureau

So revert to a totalitarian state?

Quote:
2) allow some religious rights to sastify the outside world inorder to bring a better image of china

Actually, letting the people vote would go along ways towards bringing a better image of China.
500,000,000.... thats alot of people, and u dont need that much to get a majority in voting, and besides, sicne democracy is never tried in china, many people are goign to be nominated...

BUsh is a frickin nutter with a pea-sized brain that his father calls proud, cmon, he cant even say internet right, plurizing it makes him sound very dumb... Bush won the majority thourgh his morality crap that made everyone blieve that alqueda is evil and all, when i think, its just a set up to start a fake terror war in which is used to capture the mind of every american, thereby leading to the iraq war today.

i miss the days of clinton, hes actually one of the smart southerns.
December 4th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
500,000,000.... thats alot of people, and u dont need that much to get a majority in voting, and besides, sicne democracy is never tried in china, many people are goign to be nominated...
You mean to tell me there is a way to get a majority without actually getting more than half the votes? Please, enlighten me.

Quote:
BUsh is a frickin nutter with a pea-sized brain that his father calls proud, cmon, he cant even say internet right, plurizing it makes him sound very dumb...
Hypocrite.

Quote:
Bush won the majority thourgh his morality crap that made everyone blieve that alqueda is evil and all, when i think, its just a set up to start a fake terror war in which is used to capture the mind of every american, thereby leading to the iraq war today.
So let me get this straight, you are saying that Osama bin Laden is a nice guy who is merely misunderstood by the World? You mean 9/11 was one big practical joke that nobody understood? Is that what you are saying? The war on Terror is different from Iraq, or is it? Saddam was using terror tactics against his own people, is that any different from international terrorists?

Quote:
Yes, he was very smart, if he had four mores years I bet he would have gotten Arafat and Sharon to sign a peace accord in the middle east. But keep in mind, Bush did something that Clinton was never able to do, he won the majority vote of the people.
December 4th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
So that would make it just like any country in Europe ... what's the problem???

Quote:
BUsh is a frickin nutter with a pea-sized brain that his father calls proud, cmon, he cant even say internet right, plurizing it makes him sound very dumb... Bush won the majority thourgh his morality crap that made everyone blieve that alqueda is evil and all, when i think, its just a set up to start a fake terror war in which is used to capture the mind of every american, thereby leading to the iraq war today.
Honestly, why do you feel it necessary to belittle the man? If you disagree with something he does, then great - disagree with that. Keep the political party psycho-babble to a minimum. It just leads to flamewars.

Quote:
Personally, if no President of the United States EVER does the sorts of things that Clinton did with women he is not married to ... well, I'm not going to complain. He had some good policies and some bad policies but that sort of behavior made the Presidency and the USA look bad. We don't need that ever again IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Saddam was using terror tactics against his own people, is that any different from international terrorists?
You're forgetting something. Saddam Hussein was the #1 funder of internation terrorism on the planet. That makes him very relevant to the War on Terror no matter how you spin it.
December 5th, 2004  
beallears

Topic: It seems that most poll participants are for peaceful result

To godofthunder9010

Oops, u gonna far away from the topic.

Chinese ppl is peace-loving and resorting to force is the final solution.

No any outside power could make Chinese Gov. to change its mind to reunite Taiwan. This matter is realted with the feeling of Chinese People. In some degree, it's a icon of proper pride of Chinese ppl. 8)

God blesses the world no big conflict on this matter.

So nice to see the poll statistical result saying that over 50% is for peaceful way.

Agree?
December 6th, 2004  
MadeInChina

ya, this guy is right

to waht dameon said about 50000000 to win.... wtf, i meant tipping over the balance, as in that although its a close race, you still have people voting for you, all u need is to buy some votes, like 1000000, which is basically 1 million dollars in chinese, to win the majority. dameon was thinking about buying half of china population...

sry about the flamming guys
December 13th, 2004  
SAINT

I think war is inevitable between these two 'countries'.

Don't people usually call Taiwan a country?

The question is only WHEN...
December 13th, 2004  
Zyca

Now that the legislater election is over and the blue side won convincingly with more than 50% of the seats, the progress of TI will be slowed down and the US18.2 billion arm's deal between Taiwan and the US will most likely not take place. PRC and the US will both find this pleasing and a war is probably nowhere near the horizon for at least the next four years.