Will Australia be a Super Power?

AUSTRALIA WILL BE A SUPERPOWER IN THIS CENTURY ?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CAN'T TELL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SAINT

Australia is a large continent. Will this country be a Superpower within the Pacific region in the foreseeable future?

What do you think? 8)

Only one way for that to happen: Nuclear Holocaust wipes out most of the current powerful nations in the world. Since there is no guarantee that this won't happen, there is no way to know one way or the other. The only other scenario would be for Austrialia to see a massive influx of people similar to what 1800-1950 was for the United States, but there isn't currently a good reason for people to immigrate.

godofthunder9010 said:
Only one way for that to happen: Nuclear Holocaust wipes out most of the current powerful nations in the world. Since there is no guarantee that this won't happen, there is no way to know one way or the other. The only other scenario would be for Austrialia to see a massive influx of people similar to what 1800-1950 was for the United States, but there isn't currently a good reason for people to immigrate.

are you kidding, the massive influx of people could only drain out the limited resource.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope u know what u saying

godofthunder9010 said:

You meant to immigrate to Australia correct? And I don't believe the "massive influx of people" has ended in the U.S. nor will it anytime soon...

Its a large continent but its got a small population so it wont be a military superpower and doesnt have the resources to be an economic superpower

First ask Aussies do they want to be a superpower or something like that?

I bet the Australians would prefer a good life on that Continent rather than being some "super" power.

Hey, the USA was in the same boat 200 years ago. We were super-puny and insignificant. I dunno, maybe if something makes Australia a super nifty place to immigrate to. :lol:

Australia is already a super-nifty place to emigrate to, so much so that in recent years the Aussies have really made it a lot harder to get in. Being a UK citizen I can easily get a year long work permit but to stay indefinitely I would have to join a big waiting list and also be appraised via a points system. You get x number of points for family already in the country, education level and so on.

They probably wouldn't be a superpower since they are pretty much out of all wars.

However if they did try they would be a really good candidate for a superpower darn i wanna go to australia heard its really nice there lol.

seals said:
They probably wouldn't be a superpower since they are pretty much out of all wars.

However if they did try they would be a really good candidate for a superpower darn i wanna go to australia heard its really nice there lol.

Buh? They were in:

WWI
WWII
Korea
Vietnam
Liberating Kuwait
Afganistan
Iraq

An Aussi dreaming of "super power" is as likely as an Eskimo getting sunburn on one of their lovely beaches. One country waving its balls anywhere it pleases is enough for this world.

ah well i meant they don't really get heard of much. In my experiences I've heard them get awarded any medals or anything or like get any honor

You could argue that as one of the 'white' dominions of the British Empire it was part of a global superpower

It is now a regional power and with Britain and the US as close friends it has back up if need be

The reason the US became such a super power was because France and England didn't recognize the huge amount of natural resources that this continent held and let it slip away. The US got lucky in the sense that they had forests and coal and waterways that allowed trade and expansion of the continent. Need I mention the Northwest Passage and Louis and Clark? The US capitalized on what we had and within a few years became a huge industrial nation. I'm still kind of stunned at how quickly this nation has developed.

Back