Why would someone join the French Foreign Legion? - Page 5




 
--
 
August 24th, 2012  
nikkoo
 
You can try, but according to his experience, you will be rejected
September 22nd, 2012  
batonchika
 
hi there, i was thinking of joining ffl or atleast give it a best shot, im 20 i been living in uk for over 7 or so years, at this stage i dont know what i want from my life, i tryed 9 to 5, this isnt really for me, had a shot at good quick easy illegal money, this isnt either for me, been to prison 2 times for firearm and asp, 2nd time for not working those hours by court order, thought of fighter career done little muay thai in uk, loved it, moved to thailand to phuket islands to train full time in muay thai k1, two years of that, cant finance it anymore:/ so im here, lost, maybe path of soldier is for me, im positive, what you guys think?
September 22nd, 2012  
m551sheridan
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonchika
hi there, i was thinking of joining ffl or atleast give it a best shot, im 20 i been living in uk for over 7 or so years, at this stage i dont know what i want from my life, i tryed 9 to 5, this isnt really for me, had a shot at good quick easy illegal money, this isnt either for me, been to prison 2 times for firearm and asp, 2nd time for not working those hours by court order, thought of fighter career done little muay thai in uk, loved it, moved to thailand to phuket islands to train full time in muay thai k1, two years of that, cant finance it anymore:/ so im here, lost, maybe path of soldier is for me, im positive, what you guys think?
why don't you learn a trade.. pound some nails, dig a ditch, get into heavy equipment... 20 and you are burned out on earning an honest dollar... do not know what it is like in your neck of the woods but I made a career out of working in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest, no boss (except in the office).. just me, the little butterflys and the critters... anything like that in your parts...? The FFl? know little to nothing about them but I am sure they are very choosy about whom they select... but if you will not be turned then good luck to you.
--
September 23rd, 2012  
Froggy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonchika
hi there, i was thinking of joining ffl or atleast give it a best shot, im 20 i been living in uk for over 7 or so years, at this stage i dont know what i want from my life, i tryed 9 to 5, this isnt really for me, had a shot at good quick easy illegal money, this isnt either for me, been to prison 2 times for firearm and asp, 2nd time for not working those hours by court order, thought of fighter career done little muay thai in uk, loved it, moved to thailand to phuket islands to train full time in muay thai k1, two years of that, cant finance it anymore:/ so im here, lost, maybe path of soldier is for me, im positive, what you guys think?
In Prison twice? Forget about the Legion - you are out!
Personal I do not think you have any chance in the British forces with that background.
September 23rd, 2012  
m551sheridan
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy
In Prison twice? Forget about the Legion - you are out!
Personal I do not think you have any chance in the British forces with that background.
WHAT??? you mean the FFI is no longer a haven for thieves, murderers, malcontents and anarchist? Oh lordy, Humphrey Bogart must be turning in his grave....
September 23rd, 2012  
hawky94
 
 
Matey's got a prison term for FIREARMS OFFENCES and he wants to join up, where people will trust unto him their lives. And he will be armed at that time.

I appreciate that you're trying to turn your life around mate. But, I think that both sides of the pond (the Legion won't and I do not know for sure, but I doubt that Her Majesty's Armed Forces wouldn't accept your application, simply due to your prison time, and the offences for which you were imprisoned.)

Best of luck.
September 23rd, 2012  
Froggy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m551sheridan
WHAT??? you mean the FFI is no longer a haven for thieves, murderers, malcontents and anarchist? Oh lordy, Humphrey Bogart must be turning in his grave....
They join the Marines these days so I'm told
November 18th, 2012  
mikhail_ginnovic
 
 
believe it or not its not that hard and if your really joining you wont be getting hold of them your be getting hold of your visa and going out there, they get 100s of emails a day by wannabees from around the world, ive spoken to them once and that was just following up a query on as to if they would accept me or not,,

and i can honestly say im joining the best way of joinign is to just go and do it but to save some money beforehand because when you get out there i dont know as to if they put you up in lodgings before the training starts

also you want to be pretty sure of your abilitys as a person well noo as a person but as a man, teh training is gruellign at most, ive spent 6 months with my personal trainer who did 15 yrs in the legion and even that took me to my limit,

alll id say on teh subject is if your joining, make sure your bringing something to the table they can use,,, you want them to want you, not the other way around,,

for example i have 3 black belts in tae kwon do, level g4 in krav maga and speak 4 languages german,french,arabic and russian,

so again if your going for it make sure you can bring something to the table

anyone can pack on muscle anyone with enough training can run a mile n half in 8 minutes but it takes a different kinda person to go in with brains as well as fitness

and answer to as to why someone would join from a good background,, i qualify to answer that ive lived a life of money having everythign layed out for me, the army is my life and teh british wont accept me for 2 years and im not sitting on any side lines so this is my only option of getting the career i want
November 19th, 2012  
BritinAfrica
 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawky94
Matey's got a prison term for FIREARMS OFFENCES and he wants to join up, where people will trust unto him their lives. And he will be armed at that time.

I appreciate that you're trying to turn your life around mate. But, I think that both sides of the pond (the Legion won't and I do not know for sure, but I doubt that Her Majesty's Armed Forces wouldn't accept your application, simply due to your prison time, and the offences for which you were imprisoned.)

Best of luck.
At least it shows he likes firearms, which is handy if he wants to become a pongo.
November 19th, 2012  
Froggy
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikhail_ginnovic
believe it or not its not that hard and if your really joining you wont be getting hold of them your be getting hold of your visa and going out there, they get 100s of emails a day by wannabees from around the world, ive spoken to them once and that was just following up a query on as to if they would accept me or not,,

and i can honestly say im joining the best way of joinign is to just go and do it but to save some money beforehand because when you get out there i dont know as to if they put you up in lodgings before the training starts

also you want to be pretty sure of your abilitys as a person well noo as a person but as a man, teh training is gruellign at most, ive spent 6 months with my personal trainer who did 15 yrs in the legion and even that took me to my limit,

alll id say on teh subject is if your joining, make sure your bringing something to the table they can use,,, you want them to want you, not the other way around,,

for example i have 3 black belts in tae kwon do, level g4 in krav maga and speak 4 languages german,french,arabic and russian,

so again if your going for it make sure you can bring something to the table

anyone can pack on muscle anyone with enough training can run a mile n half in 8 minutes but it takes a different kinda person to go in with brains as well as fitness

and answer to as to why someone would join from a good background,, i qualify to answer that ive lived a life of money having everythign layed out for me, the army is my life and teh british wont accept me for 2 years and im not sitting on any side lines so this is my only option of getting the career i want
The Legion donīt give a damn what you bring to the table. They see hot shots every day.
Why you were rejected by the British Army?
 


Similar Topics
What Abou The French Foreign Legion
FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION RECRUITMENT - QUERIES
Questions on French Foreign Legion
French Foreign Legion