Why the word "Superpower" exists?

whosewar2000 said:
I dont response to your inflame part, i am not going to get into your trap :lol: :lol:
I have no intention of starting a fight. The tone of many of your posts would suggest that you are trying to pick a fight. Alright if you are not, but you cannot call names and not expect people to be bothered by it. Also, by so doing, you make yourself look silly.

whosewar2000 said:
I been China, Russia, Europe, Hongkong, pass Japan for conference, I never seen any other country has such serious problem, If you have
ever been to SD, GA, AL, TX for July 4th, that is really scary!!
So when 10% of the French army marches down the Champs Elysee every year on July 14th, that's just France's way of saying "Peace on Earth"...

Hi, I just registered :D , stumbled across this thread, IMHO the US is now a hyperpower, we are currently vastly superior than any of our potential rivals ie. China or the EU. I think we will stay in this position for the next 20 years or so, until China catches up to us. Then we'll have 2 super powers with 1 wannabe (EU). Long term China has the potential to become the next hyperpower, their GDP will surpass the US once again and they are setting up the US for a major financial re-adjustment by holding on to half of our treasury bonds and undervaluing their currency.

SpoonKiller said:
whosewar2000 said:
I been China, Russia, Europe, Hongkong, pass Japan for conference, I never seen any other country has such serious problem, If you have
So when 10% of the French army marches down the Champs Elysee every year on July 14th, that's just France's way of saying "Peace on Earth"...

welcome! spoonkiller!

National day, basically is the celebration for the birth of the country, yeah, everybodyshall be proud of the their own country, no problem of that.

But nationalism is just so different from patriotic.

When somebody yell endlessly that :
our country is better than yours no matter what, we just better, superior than you no matter what, what we did are all good and what you did are all bad no matter what. our food is better, our language is better, our fat body is better ;)
we all god's true son and you are not.
we are no.1 no.1 no.1 forever just no.1 no matter what.
you donot like us we will scew you up..
blablabal...like that.

those people usally get very high blood pressure :lol:

Sadly so say, some American, especially southern American act like that.
Bush act perfectly as a symbol of them.

SpoonKiller said:
whosewar2000 said:

Hi, I just registered :D , stumbled across this thread, IMHO the US is now a hyperpower, we are currently vastly superior than any of our potential rivals ie. China or the EU. I think we will stay in this position for the next 20 years or so, until China catches up to us. Then we'll have 2 super powers with 1 wannabe (EU). Long term China has the potential to become the next hyperpower, their GDP will surpass the US once again and they are setting up the US for a major financial re-adjustment by holding on to half of our treasury bonds and undervaluing their currency.
One interesting thing notable thing about China is the fact that they are sitting right next to the other nation who's probably capable of making a very big splash: India. Because of the presence of India, China automatically has a nation of almost equal population and resources sitting right next door. How India manages to develop will make a tremendous difference in things. They have had some border wars with China, and the two countries aren't exactly friendly with one another. China has a bordering counterbalance. The United States doesn't. Hard to say how that will affect things, but it kinda limits things until they are both 100% sure that they can trust each other. Both are capable of massing ludicrous sized armies and both have nuclear weapons.

Back