Why the word "Superpower" exists?

The US has the ability to be a superpower partly beause of its position in the world, to the left you have europe, to the right asia, it is in the middle and so can inflence both regions, china however has not much influence in europe as it has the asian landmass in the way!

Shadowalker said:
The US has the ability to be a superpower partly beause of its position in the world, to the left you have europe, to the right asia, it is in the middle and so can inflence both regions, china however has not much influence in europe as it has the asian landmass in the way!

:lol: :lol: :lol: I am really going to ....you are not serious, are you?

Can I say the following:

The Europe has the ability to be a superpower partly ALSO beause of its position in the world, to the left you have US, to the right they have China or Asia, it is in the middle and so can inflence both regions

Or, I can say:

China has the ability to be a superpower partly ALSO beause of its position in the world, to the right you have US, to the left they have Europe, it is in the middle and so can inflence both regions

;)

So the U.S.A. has infleunce becuz it has china on the left and Europe on the right.

.... Guys the earth is round everyone has someone to the right or left of them. Your a superpower when people are scared of your military might. :cowb:

Ok i didnt write it in a good way that explained my thinking which when i wrote that post i admit was lacking as i had other things on my mind (A level physics!), and now that i am thinking more straight i realise i was talking absolute :cen:

Why the name "Superpower", simply because something "super" makes you feel better, nothing more.

USA will stay as superpower for a long long time until a moment USA will be divided by all her minority people, some hundreds year later, black american will be something like 30% of the total population, asian american some 15 percent? Mexican american, etc etc, then there is not a dominant "race" there in USA, then USA is in trouble. Maybe after USA Canada will replace USA as a super state since almost everyone "loves" Cananda.

China for sure will be super nation again, we have always been super nation in the long lont history, it will surprise nobody if China re-rise again to be super if you have some knowledge about history.

Europe will somehow in trouble because of larger and larger muslim population.

Britain will stay with USA.

I don't know if I agree with the definition, but according to it - the Roman Empire and ancient China would not qualify. This is simply because the capability to greatly influence events worldwide simply did not exist then. Comparable to their time periods, those two probably surpass the nations that do fit the definition, but its a matter of how closely you follow the definition.

Great Britain and France were certainly qualifiable during the colonial period. Spain too earlier on. All of them were able to have a tremendous impact on events everywhere they wished to. The exceptions were only where another colonial power held sway, so equivalent to the Soviet Union vs United States era.

The United States stands in an interesting situation. China might surpass us in economic output. A United Europe (I have my doubts about that union) could become very strong. Despite all those possibilities, the United States lacks any border with a strong enemy. There really isn't a reasonable possibility to see this change ... probably ever. That unique circumstance means that the United States will not be gravely threatened, even if it is surpassed.

Hispanic and Black influence will amount to the same thing as any other immigrant group - the United States will simply absorb them and adapt its culture to accomodate.

FlyingFrog said:
USA will stay as superpower for a long long time until a moment USA will be divided by all her minority people, some hundreds year later, black american will be something like 30% of the total population, asian american some 15 percent? Mexican american, etc etc, then there is not a dominant "race" there in USA, then USA is in trouble. Maybe after USA Canada will replace USA as a super state since almost everyone "loves" Cananda.

I think hispanic american have replace african american and become the biggest minority already..

in the places like SF, LA or towns in Silicon Valley, Chinese have taken up more than 30% or the local population already......

USA would not be divided by races......instead, it will be divided into "north' and 'south' again. I will happen not long from now, Bush just makes this day coming sooner and sooner. I was told by many people that they have never seen Liberal American and Conservative American hate each other such much.

Whosewar2000, your assumption that the United States is somehow divided or destroyed by an influx of Hispanic and Asianic immigrants is pretty naive. When has the United States not dealt with this issue?? Why would the results in the future be any different from the past?? The two party system leading to Civil War??

godofthunder9010 said:
Whosewar2000, your assumption that the United States is somehow divided or destroyed by an influx of Hispanic and Asianic immigrants is pretty naive. When has the United States not dealt with this issue?? Why would the results in the future be any different from the past?? The two party system leading to Civil War??

I didnot say "USA will be destroyed by races"
I indicated: "USA will be divided by different faith and another civil war might happen between new north and new south", I also indicated" Bush will just speed this procedure"

I think the chances of the United States breaking appart because of internal conflict is about as likely as the Mongols conquering China again. Pretty damned unlikely in other words. I don't know where you get your crazy ideas, but you seem to get high as a kite at ANY suggestion of ANY possibility that the USA might diminish in the very near future. You might try research rather than just making stuff up. The United States isn't going to fall appart, though I'm sure this must be a very disappointing thing to you. Believe it or not, you cannot blame all the world's problems on President Bush and the United States.

Back on topic though, the definition of Superpower seems to work under the qualification that your nation can greatly impact events anywhere in the world. By that qualification, the United States is the only "Superpower" in the world for the moment. The fact of the matter is this: the very fact that we lack any equal leads to one of two things: Gradually diminishing influence or another nation/alliance moving up and replacing the USSR as "the other Superpower".

godofthunder9010 said:
Believe it or not, you cannot blame all the world's problems on President Bush and the United States.

u once again try to use Bush to represent US.

Unfortunately, I think US is great country while Bush is just a piece of garbage, and that garbage is trying to turn the great country into great garbage.

If there is god, he just made the biggest joke in human history

Realism said:
Whosewar, you can disagree with someone like President Bush, but there is no need to call him garbage. :evil:

killed more than 10,000 civilian in Iraq (atcual number shall be 100,000) and more than 1000 soliders of American for his oil companies.

I shall call him Hitler II instead of garbage, you bet

whosewar2000 said:
I shall call him Hitler II instead of garbage, you bet

Whosewar2000, how the hell can you compare him to hitler, have you ever read about the 2nd world war, the holocaust!! I may not support american foreign policy, but saddam and his sons could not be allowed to rule anywhere, Youre just looking for a flame war, And this is completly off topic.

whosewar2000 said:
u once again try to use Bush to represent US.

Unfortunately for your argument, President Bush IS in fact the elected international representative of my country, therefore he does represent the United States.

Tone down your language, if you cannot make your point without name calling, keep it to yourself.

And if you post a snide reply to this warning, you are gone, you are on very thin ice here.

whosewar2000 said:
u once again try to use Bush to represent US
Well for one thing, I never said that his views are the views of everyone. For another, can you think of ANY position that is more the ultimate representative of the United States of America than it's President?? Let me know if you think of one.
Unfortunately, I think US is great country while Bush is just a piece of garbage, and that garbage is trying to turn the great country into great garbage.

If there is god, he just made the biggest joke in human history
Opinion of President Bush noted, now knock off all these attempts to start a fight with those who like the man. Everyone knows you are a Bush hater. You have made that perfectly clear. Thusfar, you method of going about ranting about Bush has seemed very childish and very closedminded. If you're so absolute about a thing, why bother bringing it up so much? You'd have to come up with better reasons if it is your purpose to convert the rest of the forum to the Bush hating side of things.

godofthunder9010 said:
Well for one thing, I never said that his views are the views of everyone. For another, can you think of ANY position that is more the ultimate representative of the United States of America than it's President?? Let me know if you think of one.

No, I canNOT. that is exactly the sad part, and you guys need to change the sadness!

godofthunder9010 said:
If you're so absolute about a thing, why bother bringing it up so much? You'd have to come up with better reasons if it is your purpose to convert the rest of the forum to the Bush hating side of things.

Oh, somebody else asked me this question.
I think, as internationlism, it is my responsibility to save people from being American nationalism--which is most dangerous thing threatening world peace at this moment, and it is premoted by GWBush.
And I will argue same hard with other Chinese nationalism, Rusisan nationalism, Indian nationalism too.......but obviously, American's nationalism is the worst, it is totally refected sometime in this forum. I been China, Russia, Europe, Hongkong, pass Japan for conference, I never seen any other country has such serious problem, If you have
ever been to SD, GA, AL, TX for July 4th, that is really scary!!
One of the most obvious is that American are absessed about the soldiers casuaties, why not think about civilian death in Iraq? is there anybody even think about that except me? many other examples, don't have such time to list one by one, you guys figure it out yourselves.

I dont response to your inflame part, i am not going to get into your trap :lol: :lol:

What is so scary about July 4th? Ever been to Indepence day Celebrations in Mexico, Peru, Colombia, or the rest of the hemisphere?
Everybody displays nationalism. That a person can be proud of his nation frightens you is frightening to me.
I'll be frightened when we have a United Nations Day..............................
OOPS sorry must have picked up the wrong tinfoil hat.

03USMC said:
What is so scary about July 4th? Ever been to Indepence day Celebrations in Mexico, Peru, Colombia, or the rest of the hemisphere?
Everybody displays nationalism. That a person can be proud of his nation frightens you is frightening to me.
I'll be frightened when we have a United Nations Day..............................
OOPS sorry must have picked up the wrong tinfoil hat.

not the same way........
anyway, off today, otherwise, I will be banned :lol:

Back