Why do we say no to Japan

wdyx918

Do you think Japan should become a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council
If the premire of German visits the grave of Hitler,what will happan?But the premire of Japan does it every year.That's why we say no to Japan,and forever untill it face its history correctly.

I agree with you that visiting Hirohito's graves is a slap in the face of the people who suffered during his reign. But Japan in the SC is, IMO, a strategic choice as well. In the end you need world powers in this council and you can't skip Japan.... it is too important globally!

P.s. I also think that Germany should be in the SC, it is more important then France in Europe.

maybe cause japans not trusted?????? by other countrys. and probably for good reason considering everything they did in ww2

the Q of japan being admitted to the security council i think the main reason is cause nobody trust them and thats mainly due what people witnessed in ww2 people have long memorys and normally tend to think the worst so i doubt they will evr be admitted not that the security council is all that effective anyway.

Because Amrrica, China,Russia,and Korea all suffered from Japan,all the four countries do really know that Japan is a dangerous one.They should be careful about Japan.

Do you know the force of Russia+China+USA+Korea mean what?
Although between the 4 countries there are conflicts,but they all have the same threaten,Japan.

bush musketeer said:
maybe cause japans not trusted?????? by other countrys. and probably for good reason considering everything they did in ww2
Japan has contributed with personell in eight UN peacekeeping missions and five international humanitarian operations - and they bears 1/5th of the costs of UN peacekeeping operations. Japan have contributed in ie Iraq, Kosovo, Rwanda, El Salvador and Afghanistan.

They are well represented in their missions and get their jobs done. How come you think they are not trusted? Is that your personal opinion, or do you have some reports on the world view of Japan on this issue?

Personally I welcome Japan as a member of the Security Council if the reforms are executed; the UN system needs a heavyweight with strong industry and economy in the SC to put pressure on countries such as China and France whose not contributing very well regarding their percentage of the UN budget 2004-2006 (Japan 19.468%, China 2.053% and France 6.030% (UN regular budgets)).

It will be interesting to see where this is going.

Last edited:
No I disagree

First of all Hirohito was not a war criminal, in fact as opposed to his Grandfather Emporer Meiji who was a militarist, Hirohito was peaceful, he later became a buddhist monk. Unfortunatly while he knew exactly what was going on in China but he couldnt stop it, as it would have certainly prevoked his overthrow by the military, He had barely survived one coup in the 1930's, a second overthrow would have almost assuratly been successful, and to Hirohito the most important thing was the preservation on the imperial dynasty. During the 1930's and 40's while Japan was technically an imperial monarchy, the true power was the prime minister because he had the entire support of the military. The emporer was just a piece of propaganda used by the ultrarightwing. He essentially like the Queen of England.

Hirohito
1. opposed Japan joing the Axis.
2. opposed Japan going to war against the US. (Interrupted the discussion by reading a poem in silent protest)
3. Cast the deciding vote in the Diet (after Tojo was overthrown) to surrender
4. Ordered his Generals to cease Hostilities.

The only criticism of Hirohito was that he passed an opportunity to end the war in early 1942 and the result was another 1.5 million Dead Japanese soldiers. Its doubtful the Americans and UK would have accepted Japan's terms anyway) they were still angry about Pearl harbor and Singapour.

Last edited:
sunb! said:
Japan has contributed with personell in eight UN peacekeeping missions and five international humanitarian operations - and they bears 1/5th of the costs of UN peacekeeping operations. Japan have contributed in ie Iraq, Kosovo, Rwanda, El Salvador and Afghanistan.

They are well represented in their missions and get their jobs done. How come you think they are not trusted? Is that your personal opinion, or do you have some reports on the world view of Japan on this issue?

Personally I welcome Japan as a member of the Security Council if the reforms are executed; the UN system needs a heavyweight with strong industry and economy in the SC to put pressure on countries such as China and France whose not contributing very well regarding their percentage of the UN budget 2004-2006 (Japan 19.468%, China 2.053% and France 6.030% (UN regular budgets)).

It will be interesting to see where this is going.

Heh this is what I was argueing too when I created the post about reforms in the UN a few months ago. If anything, China and Russia should be booted from the UNSC and Japan and Germany given their spots. China has done little to improve worldy matters let alone their own and Russia has scaled back on their democratic reforms because of their new found oil wealth. Just the fund contribution to the UN alone is staggering... It's like 10 times over lol!

mmarsh said:
No I disagree

First of all Hirohito was not a war criminal, in fact as opposed to his Grandfather Emporer Meiji who was a militarist, Hirohito was peaceful, he later became a buddhist monk. Unfortunatly while he knew exactly what was going on in China but he couldnt stop it, as it would have certainly prevoked his overthrow by the military, He had barely survived one coup in the 1930's, a second overthrow would have almost assuratly been successful, and to Hirohito the most important thing was the preservation on the imperial dynasty. During the 1930's and 40's while Japan was technically an imperial monarchy, the true power was the prime minister because he had the entire support of the military. The emporer was just a piece of propaganda used by the ultrarightwing. He essentially like the Queen of England.

Hirohito
1. opposed Japan joing the Axis.
2. opposed Japan going to war against the US. (Interrupted the discussion by reading a poem in silent protest)
3. Cast the deciding vote in the Diet (after Tojo was overthrown) to surrender
4. Ordered his Generals to cease Hostilities.

The only criticism of Hirohito was that he passed an opportunity to end the war in early 1942 and the result was another 1.5 million Dead Japanese soldiers. Its doubtful the Americans and UK would have accepted Japan's terms anyway) they were still angry about Pearl harbor and Singapour.

I agree with you 110%. You cannot compare Hitler and Hirohito in the same light. The world has proven this. You see images of Hitler to make political insults at other leaders but you never really see images of Hirohito (even in Asian protests). Hirohito did what he did to serve the interests of his country/people. Hitler did that at first but then he got psycho.

It's like Americans honoring General Robert E. Lee. He fought for and believed in slavery, but he was only defending his beliefs and his side of "government." Was he evil? No. Did he do what he did to serve his country? Yes.

What I find really funny is how the Chinese honor Mao Zedong and the Russians honor Josef Stalin.... Arguably two of the most evil figures in human history. One dude massacred his own people for the deluded idea of a "revolution" that got the country nowhere, and the other massacred his own people out of paranoia.

From my opinion.
When China stops to sell normal&mass destruction weapons to Iran&Pakistan or North Korea, Libya and dictatorships in Africa and South America(world In other words, Rogues of the world)the world would be peaceful.

China is the biggest cause which sells bad AK-47 and Anti-personal land mine to all over the world without distinction and increases the noncombatant's dead.
Tragedy that Increase of boy&girl soldiers in Africa is Chinese achievements.
China seems to like spreading Mao Tse-tung's theory.
In strange things.
Boy soldiers are fighting at the forefront in Africa.
Mao Zedong's tactics of people.
Adults use boy soldiers to kill children.
Even cruel communism-guerillas hate to kill childlen.
Boy soldiers are too young to understand meaning of death and killing.
ser1_img1206L.jpg

Don't hesitate, soldiers!
China is supporting you!

Last edited:
Italian Guy said:
UN is totally useless, who cares who's in or who's out of the SC.

Hold on Laddy. The UN isn´t redundant yet, so I reckon plenty of countries are still interested who´s in and who´s out. It isn´t the time yet!

sandy said:
From my opinion.
When China stops to sell normal&mass destruction weapons to Iran&Pakistan or North Korea, Libya and dictatorships in Africa and South America(world In other words, Rogues of the world)the world would be peaceful.

China is the biggest cause which sells bad AK-47 and Anti-personal land mine to all over the world without distinction and increases the noncombatant's dead.
Tragedy that Increase of boy&girl soldiers in Africa is Chinese achievements.
China seems to like spreading Mao Tse-tung's theory.
In strange things.
Boy soldiers are fighting at the forefront in Africa.
Mao Zedong's tactics of people.
Adults use boy soldiers to kill children.
Even cruel communism-guerillas hate to kill childlen.
Boy soldiers are too young to understand meaning of death and killing.
ser1_img1206L.jpg

Don't hesitate, soldiers!
China is supporting you!
Some Japanese guys hate China.
Hope that Sandy belongs to the minority group not the majority.
Japanese always think about China.
It is very interesting people or nation thinking.

Last edited:

Then counter his argument.

As far as I know, the Yasukuni shrine is no grave but a memorial for all soldiers that died for Japan since over 100 years ago. That includes some korean and chinese (taiwanese) soldiers that fought in colonial military units. It also includes some convicted war criminals. Most of the honoured where normal soldiers though.

Since emperor Hirohito didn't die in any war this memorial has nothing to do with him at all.

---
Edit: I just found this on wikipedia:

The government of the People's Republic of China has been the most vocal critic of the shrine and some Japanese observers have suggested that the issue of Yasukuni Shrine is just as heavily tied to China's internal politics as it is to the historical conduct of Japan's military and its perceived remorse for its actions. They state that tolerance on the part of Chinese Communist Party authorities for large-scale public protests in mainland China against the shrine contrasts strongly with the authority exercised against any kind of domestic political dissent. This has been interpreted as an effort by the party to channel public frustrations away from their rule, and preserve their legitimacy by aligning themselves with popular nationalist sentiments. Many have commented on the cultural difference between Chinese and Japanese cultures. Japanese culture, unlike Chinese culture, views one's crimes absolved after death.

Last edited:
yingying said:
I train with the Japanese community in amsterdam twice a week and we talked about China. It struck me that there is much bad blood between the two. The Chinese I speak dislike the Japanese and vice versa. One compared it with Holland and Germany, but I think this is going much deeper!

P.s. doesn´t the Chinese variant of the Ak have the integrated folding bayonet under the barrel?

There are no Asians I have encountered who do not think they are the end all and better than everyone else. What I find hilarious is when they turn around and accuse Russians of being racist almost in the same breath as they have just uttered how <insert any asian race here> is lower than dogs. :)

bulldogg said:
There are no Asians I have encountered who do not think they are the end all and better than everyone else. What I find hilarious is when they turn around and accuse Russians of being racist almost in the same breath as they have just uttered how <insert any asian race here> is lower than dogs. :)
You can make me disgusted at your cliche moderately.
If having a complaint so much, how is going to courthouse?
I didn't even know yasukuni existence until you made noise like stupidity.
Most people are so.
I can assert that Chinese's 99.999%doesn't know what that means.
Communists commanded demonstration to turn people's dissatisfaction to outside.
That,s all.
You can't cheat me.
I saw handbills of the government which wrote anti-Japanese demonstration about the manner in Shanghai.
The Chinese textbook is almost strange.
There is only one textbook in China.
The textbook communist wrote it.
If you are interested, read that.
I read already.
If you can, read Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung and some books of Lu Xun.
doesn´t the Chinese variant of the Ak have the integrated folding bayonet under the barrel?
You say about TYPE-56
child-soldier2.jpg

Right child has Type-56.
Central child has AKMS.

Last edited:
Back