Why is Vietnam Considered a Lost Guerilla War

Whispering Death

America has won the guerilla war in Vietnam by 1972. If you look at the battles in 1972 and 1975 they where all North Vietnamese assaults.

First off, it's amazing that when America decided to pull out was right when they'd won the hardest part of the war, the guerilla portion. The home-stretch was stopping NVA which it was very good at.

The second part is the question of why has popular conception been that the US lost the guerilla war in Vietnam? This is important becasue many people's perception of the guerilla war in Iraq is that it is unwinnable.

off topic a bit

Just want to give you a heads-up that all next week the Fox News Channel (FNC) will be having special reports about Iran from reporter Amy Kellogg, nightly on Brit Hume's show at 6 p.m., Eastern Time. The preview looked good, even though the volume was muted. Looks as though it will be going beyond the nuclear issue, and will explore the abuse of the population there.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176045,00.html

I really wish that the government would show the links between Iraq violence and Syria and Iran. People are wondering, when will all the attacks ever end, will they ever end? If people actually knew who we were fighting, they would understand.

Italian Guy said:
Shouldn't this go under the Modern Military History section, WD?

I guess you're right, I was just thinking about it today when I was hearing people on my TV talk about how we're losing the insurgentcy in Iraq just like we did in Vietnam... then I started to do a little research and voila!

Back