Why do the USMC do more PT than the Army?

Marines PT alot simply because it conditions the body for the stress encountered when deployed. And its just the marine way, they consider themselves the best and expect no less especially in the physical stuff.

The title of this thread assumes a fact that is not apparent, i.e. that Marines do more PT than the Army.

Prove it!

I really can't be bothered. Let me sleep. Or chill. The next person to wake me up for PT will get an axe through their face.

Road marches, now thats PT... Nothing like getting that "oh ****" feeling after your PLT SGT informs you that you have a 15mile+ hump in front of you. Thats when you start debating if you really need that 4th pair of socks..... I have seen the biggest and meanest fall out quickly on ruck marches, it seperates the men from the boys.

Last edited:
Road marches? You're referring to those marches which don't take roads right? The one where the only stretch of road you'll walk on is when you cross a few to get to another mountain.

The kind where you ruck in sand and dirt. Why would you walk on the road, that gives away your position. I meant it as a term.

You want a good pt? try running all over a flight deck thats a quarter of a mile long I mean back and forth for 12 hours, lift about 100 lbs of aircraft tie down chains, while wearing 50 lbs of gear in the rain at about 1200 deg cause the planes are taking off and landing. THATS what I call a pt:)

I just talked to one of my buddies in the Navy last night, he says there's a lot of fat guys in the Navy.

Im in the Navy and there ARE alot of fat guys / girls in the Navy.... But theres lard butts in all branches lol.

I just talked to one of my buddies in the Navy last night, he says there's a lot of fat guys in the Navy.

I am sarnt, I am. Staying plenty busy these days.

And if the Marines do more PT than we do, they dont do anything else. Im on two adays right now with extracurricular PT in the middle. Its quite fun actually! Just gotta have the right mindset.

I am sarnt, I am. Staying plenty busy these days.

And if the Marines do more PT than we do, they dont do anything else. Im on two adays right now with extracurricular PT in the middle. Its quite fun actually! Just gotta have the right mindset.

I actually remember a few days when all we were doing was darn PT and when we weren't, we sure wished we were doing PT because it was worse. URRRGGHHH!!!! If I could, I'd marry a bed. I'm so lazy until it actually starts.

Additionally, the only thing that really makes it appear so is the fact the Marine Corps' PFT standards are the highest in our country's service's. Doesn't mean necessarily that Army, Navy or Air Force unit's don't PT as much.

Back