Why are US-flag armpatches the wrong way round?

PJ24 said:
If the picture is older than 2004 then it's a moot point. The official policy on the flag didn't come down until '04.

I didn't know that. The picture was definitely made before '04 because I remember seeing that pic before the Iraq-war started.

Missileer said:
Looks like he's sighting through the active path, not the passive daytime path (the viewer at the top center) now Litton will have to kill all of us.
Pardon?`I didn't get any of that.

I'm not sure which model he's using, but the ones I have just have a general sighting instrument located in the same place, not as powerful as the objective lenses (obviously), but more like a general direction that the lenses look at.

Y'all forgot the most important reason: because the US Army made a regulation that said so! :lol:
Mohmar Deathstrike said:
I see. So US troops not involved in any type of multinational operation don't wear a "right" flag at all?
Not ground troops; if you factor in fighter pilots, a lot of them wear the "normal" flag on their left shoulders.

I was watching the World Baseball Classic, and I noticed that the players wore the flag the same way.

g43I6vCr.jpg

From what I understand all soldiers wearing BDU's, ACU's or DCU's where the flag on the right with the union toward the front. On flight suits and fligh jackets it's different, alot of piolts wear it on the left shoulder or on the left breast due to the patches they must wear.

Maytime said:
I'm not sure which model he's using, but the ones I have just have a general sighting instrument located in the same place, not as powerful as the objective lenses (obviously), but more like a general direction that the lenses look at.

Ah, those are called Spotters. At least on astronomical telescopes.

Back