why is the US Army replacing the DCU with the ACU?

Mall Assault... I'm so gonna make that apart of every possible convo now. I didn't realise (since I havent seen a pair up close and personal) they had a friggin zipper up front... fark the marines could have told them how much of a NO GO that idea is from their experience in WWII with the reversible jumpsuits.

Really? I thought the gray was a smart idea especially with the type of terrain everyone's fighting in these days. Gray's a better cammo than most people give it credit for.

No, it really sucks in the desert and woods. Need to take over LA or NYC? Perfect.

Well, as to the fact that ACUs glow in the dark is true. Did some hunting with a buddy of mine. All he had were his ACUs. He glowed at night with those things on. As for the daytime, they sucked too. COuldn't blend into Florida Swamp or Forest if his life depended on it.

Never liked the way that the ACUs were designed. I hate the idea of velcro. **** doesn't work, I knew that since I was a kid. I never liked the idea of velcro because of the fact that It makes noise and also the pockets could be opened very easily if the pocket flap is caught of a tree branch or snagged on the rifle. Buttons don't have that issue. The zipper is the crappiest idea I've seen in quite awhile for uniforms.

Lastly the camo pattern itself seemed that it would never worked and I was right. It doesn't. Heard the Army is going back to the drawning board. Either they will be going back to DCUs and BDUs or they might go into a MARPAT type pattern.

Lastly the camo pattern itself seemed that it would never worked and I was right. It doesn't. Heard the Army is going back to the drawning board. Either they will be going back to DCUs and BDUs or they might go into a MARPAT type pattern.

The pattern itself is good to go, it's the same pattern everyone else is using (of course, there are no cute little Eagle, Globe and Anchor's in it). It's the color and uniform design that screws it up. And you are right, they do glow in the dark.

I'm not sure what the Army is planning on doing, the teams I was working with said they've not heard anything on it. Most likely, to keep from having to eat cake, they'll keep them around for another few years then decided to gain a bit of common sense and get back to the woodland/desert colors.

I don't see the Army allowing DCUs to come back in style, though.

I've got some tiger stripe deserts that worked pretty good, but not as good as the desert digis I have.

I've got some tiger stripe deserts that worked pretty good, but not as good as the desert digis I have.

Hey PJ, short question.
How can you as an Air Force guy wear ACU´s, tiger stripe or desert digis?
Or can you as a part of "SOCOM" use what does the best job?

The ACUs are more of a garrison uniform than a combat uniform.

Yeahh, I think so too!!!
My friend in the US Army also hates it!!!!
And you are right, they do glow in the dark
What do you mean with glow in the dark? Do they glow in NV?

Greetz Joker

When he or I mean that they gloqw in the dark, we mean that when the moon light hits the uniform. They shine, unlike DCUs, BDUs, or your German Flectar.

When he or I mean that they gloqw in the dark, we mean that when the moon light hits the uniform. They shine, unlike DCUs, BDUs, or your German Flectar.
:sorry:
For naturally they do because of the bright colors (Grey and white or whatever they call it). I´m sorry :stupid: , I could have known it myself.
But the better question is why they didn´t find that out while they do the fieldtests??? Or do they just say "In the battlefield of today you don´t fight at night!!":bang: :bang:

Greetz Joker

P.S. I think Flecktarn is a good pattern, I think it´s second place after Marpat and Cadpat!!! What do you guys think???

Hey PJ, short question.
How can you as an Air Force guy wear ACU´s, tiger stripe or desert digis?
Or can you as a part of "SOCOM" use what does the best job?

Because of my job and the missions we do/how we do them, we pretty much wear what best suits the area/mission. If I'm working with Army guys, I'll want to fit in with them, same when working with Marine Corps and Navy. If they're in ACUs, BDUs, MARPATs or whatever else, I don't want to be the guy standing out in DCUs.

If they're in ACUs, BDUs, MARPATs or whatever else, I don't want to be the guy standing out in DCUs.

Jap, that sounds obvious, even for a kraut like me:smile: .
But also sounds that you have to travel with a lot of baggage:wink:.
BTW, nice new avatar PJ:rock:!!!!

Joker

Jap, that sounds obvious, even for a kraut like me:smile: .
But also sounds that you have to travel with a lot of baggage:wink:.
BTW, nice new avatar PJ:rock:!!!!

Joker

They're pretty easy to get ahold of incountry. Mostly I stick with DCUs, but since I had the ACUs with me last trip I decided to give them a try.

As for the baggage, we're PJs AND in the Air Force we must look pretty and in style at all times or it's an afront to our very existance! :p

Our dear lord... so anyway, fatass, quit lounging about and bring back Elvis.
:)

I've always been partial to the all black BDU's for night time. I've had people step on me and not know I was there until I announced my presence in a most sophisticated style.

Makes you wonder, is there a true universal color scheme for camo, maybe the future will hold some promise, until then, I get to see a small part in the evolution of combat uniforms, the replacing of the DCU , one of them.

There can only be a universal color scheme for camouflage if you are color-blind. Flora and geography come in a myriad of shapes, patterns and colors, to blend in requires the same.

Well, the only perfect camo scheme, may be, as obivous as it seems, is invisble schemes, that would work on undevopled enemies, like a war clan, or insugancy on a small scale.

But , even with invisbility, I bet some military out there will come out with some type of optical device that will detect any use of this technology, and bascilly give the wearer away like a lite up neon sighn.

Sound wierd I know, but, thats the only thing I can really think off as of the the distant future.....

Sure, I like it dark, and with vanilla, and sugar.

(not trying to sound perverse to those who like to jump to conculsions)

Back