This is why I support CCW

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
vtech9523.jpg

If VT had allowed CCW (Carry Concealed Weapons) on school grounds. This event wouldn't of hapened. Someone that would have been carrying would've stopped the gunman dead in his tracks....

When will people learn that gun free zones just disarm the victims.

My God bless those that lost their lives. My God punish the bastard that did this...

Last edited:
I'm not sure putting more gun in the mix would of helped anything,

Snazzy graphics the day of a tragedy advocating a political positions, disgusting,

Snazzy graphics the day of a tragedy advocating a political positions, disgusting,

If the students had the right to CCW some of them would have stepped up to the plate and stopped this nutjob of a gunman.

anybody know if concealed carry is allowable at the college of William and Mary? its in VA, and thats the college i wanna go to. it would be sweet they allowed it.

If someone on that campus either a student or professor had a handgun there would not have been 32 innocent people killed, period.

I agree, I seriously have wonder about the sort of people scoring political points this soon after the event.

If someone on that campus either a student or professor had a handgun there would not have been 32 innocent people killed, period.

How do you know that having more guns on campus legally wouldn't have led to more shootings on a more regular basis?

Last edited:
^^^It wouldnt, because people wouldnt know who was carrying and who wasnt...And they also wouldnt know if anyone with guns was around them if they tried to shoot someone else...How do you know someone wont pull a handgun out behind you if you try to shoot someone?

^^^It wouldnt, because people wouldnt know who was carrying and who wasnt...And they also wouldnt know if anyone with guns was around them if they tried to shoot someone else...How do you know someone wont pull a handgun out behind you if you try to shoot someone?

Yes but using the same argument if no one had guns at all there wouldn't be any gun related fatalities problem solved.

So lets see how this would work, Joe Nutjob decides he has had enough of life and plans end it and take a few people with him, he head off to his campus waves politely to the campus police because hey guns are legal walks into the cafeteria pulls a gun and starts shooting.

Joe Smoe sees this and decides to stop him by shooting Mr Nutjob so he pulls his gun out starts to reply with a few rounds however Jack Triggerhappy sees this and thinks damn 2 people shooting its another columbine I better stop this and pulls his gun. Sadly for Jack Triggerhappy a cop arrives and sees 3 civilians shooting at each other and anyone else that has decided to join in how should he respond?

Yes but using the same argument if no one had guns at all there wouldn't be any gun related fatalities problem solved.

So lets see how this would work, Joe Nutjob decides he has had enough of life and plans end it and take a few people with him, he head off to his campus pulls a gun and starts shooting.

Joe Smoe sees this and decides to stop him by shooting Mr Nutjob so he pulls his gun out starts to reply with a few rounds however Jack Triggerhappy sees this and thinks damn 2 people shooting its another columbine I better stop this and pulls his gun. Sadly for Jack Triggerhappy a cop arrives and sees 3 civilians shooting at each other and anyone else that has decided to join in how should he respond?
No, the same argument if no one had guns wouldnt work because the law is only as good as its enforcement. Unless its possible to screen all 15,000 students (not counting staff, and visitors)then someone can just BRING A GUN. Just because the law abiding citizens dont bring guns in, doesnt mean the crazies wont...Hell, look at columbine...Guns werent allowed there, but what happened? Guns.

Ok, Mr. Nutjob is shooting people, Joe Smoe shoots Mr. Nutjob...I dont see how Triggerhappy could mistake that for another Columbine...Unless Triggerhappy is retarded. Now, in the event that Triggerhappy DOES somehow mistake it for Columbine, why doesn't Joe Smoe realize that Triggerhappy is pointing the gun at him?

No, the same argument if no one had guns wouldnt work because the law is only as good as its enforcement. Unless its possible to screen all 15,000 students (not counting staff, and visitors)then someone can just BRING A GUN. Just because the law abiding citizens dont bring guns in, doesnt mean the crazies wont...Hell, look at columbine...Guns werent allowed there, but what happened? Guns.

Ok, Mr. Nutjob is shooting people, Joe Smoe shoots Mr. Nutjob...I dont see how Triggerhappy could mistake that for another Columbine...Unless Triggerhappy is retarded. Now, in the event that Triggerhappy DOES somehow mistake it for Columbine, why doesn't Joe Smoe realize that Triggerhappy is pointing the gun at him?

Because people who only see part of a story have to make decisions based on that information Mr Triggerhappy doesnt know if Joe Smoe started it or Nutjob started it and the cop arriving on the scene does know whether all three aren't the problem.

Then just for kicks how about this Mr Triggerhappy ends up shooting Joe Smoe thinking he is the instigator and is promptly shot by the cop who sees the incident.

Because people who only see part of a story have to make decisions based on that information Mr Triggerhappy doesnt know if Joe Smoe started it or Nutjob started it and the cop arriving on the scene does know whether all three aren't the problem.

Then just for kicks how about this Mr Triggerhappy ends up shooting Joe Smoe thinking he is the instigator and is promptly shot by the cop who sees the incident.
How was Triggerhappy THERE but didn't know who instigated it? OK, the cop...Easily fixable...Witnesses...And video surveillance. :D. Any more?

If there was legal CCW on the campus this situtation wouldn't of happened....

If Mr. Nutjob walked by Campus PD with a visible firearm he'd be arrested on he spot. CCW - CONCEAL CARRY WEAPON. It means non-visible. Cannot be seen by the public.

The idea of CCW isn't that everyone is armed. It's the idea that everyone could be armed. Mr. Nutjob wouldn't know who is armed and thus he might not attack because he doesn't know who is armed.

It's the idea of wolves in sheep's clothing. If you don't know who is armed you might not attack because you might be taken out.

CCW is about a way for you to defend yourself from a nutjob like this guy that killed 31 people. If you don't want to be able to defend yourself. be my guest. I will not stop you from running and hiding like a little school girl.

The matter of the fact is that if VA tech had allowed the students to CCW. This event might of not happened.

I just don't understand why you MontyB are so against the idea for legal citizens to be able to defend themselves with a firearm. You claim that you're military. You carry a firearm for self defense right? Do you have the idea that only special selected folks like you should be allowed to defend one's self. Are you a social elitist? Do you believe that the common citizenry should be left to defend themselves by calling on others for help? You as a military soldier are trained to rely on yourself, why are you against the idea of common citizenry from doing the same?

In regards to your question about the police.

WHEN WE (THE POLICE) SHOW UP ON THE SCENE OF A SHOOTING. WE DISARM EVERYONE AND TAKE THEM ALL INTO CUSTODY UNTIL WE HAVE FIGURED OUT WHAT HAPPENED. IT'S CALLED INVESTIGATION. ONCE EVERYTHING IS FIRGURED OUT WE RELEASE THOSE THAT ARE INNOCENT AND TAKE THOSE THAT ARE GUILTY INTO CUSTODY.

Back