This is why I support CCW - Page 8




 
--
This is why I support CCW
 
April 18th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
This is why I support CCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
they should have armed the security agents on campus. it could have prevented the whole thing.

They do, Campus police. My was small, it only had 1000 students. We had campus police (6 officers) on patrol constantly. Where was the VT campus security? I think that it is they who dropped the ball.

The fact there was a murder in a dorm, and 2 hours later their is a multiple homicide just yards away what the f*** where they doing during that time?

1. They had a suspect description, why didn't they call for reinforcements and do a campus sweep?

2. Why didn't they call the Blacksburg PD? or the Virginia State PD?
April 18th, 2007  
Rob Henderson
 
 
YES! Someone gets my point! Campus police wasn't there. SO, it's left to the cititzens to protect themselves.
April 18th, 2007  
Team Infidel
 
 
teachers carry weapons in the high schools in Los Angeles.. but then again.. it's a little more dangerous there.
--
This is why I support CCW
April 18th, 2007  
Marinerhodes
 
 
Quote:
If these incidents happen too regularly, believe me, second amendment or not, ownership of firearms will become more and more restricted.
So plead your case to the criminals. . . oooohhhh that's right. The criminals could care less.

"Police your own" is not just something that should be done in the military. I am not for vigiliante justice, I am all for the justice system and it's checks and balances, on that note I would guarantee that if other students or campus security had been armed this guy would not have killed as many as he did.

We all know the pros and cons of gun ownership and carrying weapons. I think we can all agree that there is potential for violence in anyone. But to make a blanket statement and say "This would be a bad thing no matter what" is just asinine.
April 18th, 2007  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
There we go, because you have so much more life experience than me when it comes to dealing with random South Korean shooters, right?Anyway, the idea is that citizens have the CHOICE to be armed or not. Not that everybody will be armed, but no one knows who's armed and who isn't. That caution would stop a lot of crime. Now, my thinking...OK, it may lead to banning of firearms altogether, but will that stop those who still want to get them?
Go right ahead, destroy another of your present freedoms. I don't give a damn. I have nothing to loose I already live in a lame duck country where just about any firearm worth owning is banned. I've seen how it happens.

I'm out of it, you know it all, great master of worldly wisdom. Yep,... some some people just have to be allowed to make their own mistakes.

But don't ever say you were never warned. I actually thought that you may have had the intelligence to learn something, but as so often happens I was wrong again.
April 18th, 2007  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
So plead your case to the criminals. . . oooohhhh that's right. The criminals could care less.
As near as I recollect, the student involved was not a criminal prior to the event. I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

Quote:
on that note I would guarantee that if other students or campus security had been armed this guy would not have killed as many as he did.
You are quite right, he probably wouldn't have killed as many, but wild firing by the other students involved may have killed a lot more. Remember, even people who are trained for this type of thing get flustered under the pressure of being shot at, a group of armed students would be at least as dangerous as the attacker, probably a lot worse.

Quote:
We all know the pros and cons of gun ownership and carrying weapons. I think we can all agree that there is potential for violence in anyone. But to make a blanket statement and say "This would be a bad thing no matter what" is just asinine.
I never said "no matter what" I just said that it would have greater potential for serious harm to others, than the alternative.

Anyway, as I said to the poster above, it ain't my country, I don't really give a . It's just that I hate to see a group of people who enjoy using firearms put their own heads in the noose. You feel perfectly free to take your country back to the mentality of the wild west. I'll just stand back and watch from a safe distance.
April 18th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by C/1Lt Henderson
YES! Someone gets my point! Campus police wasn't there. SO, it's left to the cititzens to protect themselves.
No the question is WHY weren't they there like they were supposed to be. As I believe somebody else stated, they are places guns should not be allowed.

I remember 2 years ago somebody offered a bill (I think it was Arizona) that would allow people to carry guns into Bars (as long as they didn't drink). I mean come-on, it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to see what a disaster that would cause.

The gunslinger 'Wild Bill' Hickcock met his end in a bar. A drunk gambler who was losing to Hickcock got up and shot him in the eye.
April 18th, 2007  
Donkey
 
 
You band guns altogether I bet you see students making bombs from house hold chemicals (not that hard to do) and strapping them to themselves and running into buildings...

Same could happen whether it was a student or not...The bottom line is these people want to commit suicide and they want to leave their mark...They will figure away out to do this not matter what....Life sucks sometimes and things die but we cant all run around living in fear or in a police state that only gives us a false sense of safety....

-edit

In the US you have to be 21 years of age to own a handgun and in many states you need to get a permit to do so...This deters most people because of the time required so not everyone is going to be running around with a gun, what many of the people are trying to say in here is that we should not restrict guns more because of this. Handguns where already illegal to have on campus in Virginia and all it did was allow a suicidal, twisted, and depressed kid to slaughter 32 unarmed people..
April 18th, 2007  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
You band guns altogether I bet you see students making bombs from house hold chemicals (not that hard to do) and strapping them to themselves and running into buildings...

Same could happen whether it was a student or not...The bottom line is these people want to commit suicide and they want to leave their mark...They will figure away out to do this not matter what....Life sucks sometimes and things die but we cant all run around living in fear or in a police state that only gives us a false sense of safety....

-edit

In the US you have to be 21 years of age to own a handgun and in many states you need to get a permit to do so...This deters most people because of the time required so not everyone is going to be running around with a gun, what many of the people are trying to say in here is that we should not restrict guns more because of this. Handguns where already illegal to have on campus in Virginia and all it did was allow a suicidal, twisted, and depressed kid to slaughter 32 unarmed people..
One of the problem with guns in crime is their simplicity. To commit a murder its the easiest tool to use, just point and shoot. Then Repeat.

A bomb does require technically expertise, its not extremely complicated, but you need to know the ingredients, the correct measurements, and how to assemble it with with blowing yourself up in the process.
April 18th, 2007  
Bugfatty
 
 
The problem is that the authorities in this country cannot and will not protect anyone in this country from any situation like this.

This is something non-Americans will never understand about the US. Which is why guess is why they never understand why Americans feel a need to carry a gun with them.

Look at VT and look a columbine where the police simply sat outside the school and watched as people were being murdered.

I mean look a post hurricane Katrina for Christ’s sake. Not only did the local, federal, state authorities fail to protect people, THEY WENT AROUND CONFISCATING GUNS FROM LAW ABIDING PEOPLE so that even they could not protect themselves.

Police cannot be relied on by any individuals for personal protection in this country. No offense to 5.56x45mm intended.

(Credits Oleg Volk, THR)
 


Similar Topics
You all know~~
TECH SUPPORT !!!
Tech Support. May I Help You?
Americans Support The Troops With Food, Soap, DVDs
Support Needs Could Double 'Surge' Forces