This is why I support CCW

No, it is a matter of common sense.

College kids dont need to have guns like mmarsh said. It is a high stress high emotion enviorment, and we dont need a bunch kids running around with guns. Were every fist fight someone pulls out a gun and starts blasting. I'm good on my campus becoming a wild west saloon.

I'm about as pro Gun as you'll get, but this post above just about sums it all up. Why might I ask do College kids need guns on campus? Hopefully they are there to study. What is this, The Wild freakin' West?

Next it will be guns in Hospitals, libraries, and Ice cream parlours.

I could just imagine it, every student with their 9mm (just an example,.... I know some of you young bucks wouldn't be seen dead with less than a Mac10) on their hip. It wouldn't be long before someone decided to reinforce his point by drawing his weapon, next minute you have an "all in gunfight" as everyone "defends themselves".

Ridiculous you say,.... Bullsh1t!!!, it would be just be a matter of time.

Weapons are great, but they have a place and a time.

I'm about as pro Gun as you'll get, but this post above just about sums it all up. Why might I ask do College kids need guns on campus? Hopefully they are there to study. What is this, The Wild freakin' West?

Next it will be guns in Hospitals, libraries, and Ice cream parlours.

I could just imagine it, every student with their 9mm (just an example,.... I know some of you young bucks wouldn't be seen dead with less than a Mac10) on their hip. It wouldn't be long before someone decided to reinforce his point by drawing his weapon, next minute you have an "all in gunfight" as everyone "defends themselves".

Ridiculous you say,.... Bullsh1t!!!, it would be just be a matter of time.

Weapons are great, but they have a place and a time.
College kids need guns on campus so crap like this won't happen. If students had been allowed guns, they could have killed this b@st@rd in his tracks. They are there to study, but in the event that another nutjob comes around like this, then they can defend themselves because obviously if it took the authorities 2 hours to arrive, they aren't competent. Now, when a student pulls his gun to prove his point, well...The student that got the gun pulled on them eliminates the threat by any means...Tackling...Pulling his own gun...Calling campus police, hoping they have an adequate response time...

Some questions from me, as one outsider. Which guy can help me clarify it?

All know, it is legally in U.S for people to have guns, but what is the exact and special meanning for individual U.S people to have a gun,saftey or some kind of freedom? maybe there exists some historical reason. Who can explain it to me? Thanks very much.

All know, it is legally in U.S for people to have guns, but what is the exact and special meanning for individual U.S people to have a gun,saftey or some kind of freedom? maybe there exists some historical reason. Who can explain it to me? Thanks very much.

It is in our constitution under the second amendment of the bill of rights. The nation was born through warfare mainly through an armed populace, so it is cultural. This debate however is if college KIDS being allowed to have guns on campus is a good thing.

It is very hard for me to imagine that every kid has a gun in one college campus just like Iraq's battlefield, maybe somepeople can says they can protect themselves better if so. So funny logic.

Last edited:
It is very hard for me to imagine that every kid has a gun in one college campus just like Iraq's battlefield, maybe somepeople can says they can protect themselves better if so. So funny logic.

I'm in agreement with a red, my my how the times have changed :p

I'm in agreement with a red, my my how the times have changed :p

Hehe now you know how the rest of us feel, you go through life thinking you are a centerist until you run into the far right and become the left wing.

Go figure.

besides he could be a right wing red which would make him more a purple.

:)

College kids need guns on campus so crap like this won't happen. If students had been allowed guns, they could have killed this b@st@rd in his tracks. They are there to study, but in the event that another nutjob comes around like this, then they can defend themselves because obviously if it took the authorities 2 hours to arrive, they aren't competent. Now, when a student pulls his gun to prove his point, well...The student that got the gun pulled on them eliminates the threat by any means...Tackling...Pulling his own gun...Calling campus police, hoping they have an adequate response time...

That is your opinion, and you are most welcome to it. Personally I think your lack of life experience is showing badly, given time you may grow out of it.

I take it that you also advocate that all citizens should carry firearms as they go about their daily business, just in case some nutter decides to shoot someone?

Remember,.... They woke up to the shortcomings of that idea over 100 years ago when they stopped people carrying guns in town. The rate of violent deaths dropped immediately. There's a lesson there somewhere if you care to look.

It is thinking such as yours, that will eventually lead to the banning of many types of firearms altogether. As I said firearms have a place and time. Education facilities are certainly not the place.

If these incidents happen too regularly, believe me, second amendment or not, ownership of firearms will become more and more restricted.

That is your opinion, and you are most welcome to it. Personally I think your lack of life experience is showing badly, given time you may grow out of it.

I take it that you also advocate that all citizens should carry firearms as they go about their daily business, just in case some nutter decides to shoot someone?

Remember,.... They woke up to the shortcomings of that idea over 100 years ago when they stopped people carrying guns in town. The rate of violent deaths dropped immediately. There's a lesson there somewhere if you care to look.

It is thinking such as yours, that will eventually lead to the banning of many types of firearms altogether. As I said firearms have a place and time. Education facilities are certainly not the place.

If these incidents happen too regularly, believe me, second amendment or not, ownership of firearms will become more and more restricted.
There we go, because you have so much more life experience than me when it comes to dealing with random South Korean shooters, right?Anyway, the idea is that citizens have the CHOICE to be armed or not. Not that everybody will be armed, but no one knows who's armed and who isn't. That caution would stop a lot of crime. Now, my thinking...OK, it may lead to banning of firearms altogether, but will that stop those who still want to get them?

Again, just because ownership of firearms is restricted, doesn't mean those who don't want them bad enough won't be able to find them.

they should have armed the security agents on campus. it could have prevented the whole thing.

They do, Campus police. My was small, it only had 1000 students. We had campus police (6 officers) on patrol constantly. Where was the VT campus security? I think that it is they who dropped the ball.

The fact there was a murder in a dorm, and 2 hours later their is a multiple homicide just yards away what the f*** where they doing during that time?

1. They had a suspect description, why didn't they call for reinforcements and do a campus sweep?

2. Why didn't they call the Blacksburg PD? or the Virginia State PD?

teachers carry weapons in the high schools in Los Angeles.. but then again.. it's a little more dangerous there.

So plead your case to the criminals. . . oooohhhh that's right. The criminals could care less.

"Police your own" is not just something that should be done in the military. I am not for vigiliante justice, I am all for the justice system and it's checks and balances, on that note I would guarantee that if other students or campus security had been armed this guy would not have killed as many as he did.

We all know the pros and cons of gun ownership and carrying weapons. I think we can all agree that there is potential for violence in anyone. But to make a blanket statement and say "This would be a bad thing no matter what" is just asinine.

There we go, because you have so much more life experience than me when it comes to dealing with random South Korean shooters, right?Anyway, the idea is that citizens have the CHOICE to be armed or not. Not that everybody will be armed, but no one knows who's armed and who isn't. That caution would stop a lot of crime. Now, my thinking...OK, it may lead to banning of firearms altogether, but will that stop those who still want to get them?
Go right ahead, destroy another of your present freedoms. I don't give a damn. I have nothing to loose I already live in a lame duck country where just about any firearm worth owning is banned. I've seen how it happens.

I'm out of it, you know it all, great master of worldly wisdom. Yep,... some some people just have to be allowed to make their own mistakes.

But don't ever say you were never warned. I actually thought that you may have had the intelligence to learn something, but as so often happens I was wrong again.

Last edited:
So plead your case to the criminals. . . oooohhhh that's right. The criminals could care less.

As near as I recollect, the student involved was not a criminal prior to the event. I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

on that note I would guarantee that if other students or campus security had been armed this guy would not have killed as many as he did.
You are quite right, he probably wouldn't have killed as many, but wild firing by the other students involved may have killed a lot more. Remember, even people who are trained for this type of thing get flustered under the pressure of being shot at, a group of armed students would be at least as dangerous as the attacker, probably a lot worse.

We all know the pros and cons of gun ownership and carrying weapons. I think we can all agree that there is potential for violence in anyone. But to make a blanket statement and say "This would be a bad thing no matter what" is just asinine.
I never said "no matter what" I just said that it would have greater potential for serious harm to others, than the alternative.

Anyway, as I said to the poster above, it ain't my country, I don't really give a :cens:. It's just that I hate to see a group of people who enjoy using firearms put their own heads in the noose. You feel perfectly free to take your country back to the mentality of the wild west. I'll just stand back and watch from a safe distance.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES! Someone gets my point! Campus police wasn't there. SO, it's left to the cititzens to protect themselves.

No the question is WHY weren't they there like they were supposed to be. As I believe somebody else stated, they are places guns should not be allowed.

I remember 2 years ago somebody offered a bill (I think it was Arizona) that would allow people to carry guns into Bars (as long as they didn't drink). I mean come-on, it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to see what a disaster that would cause.

The gunslinger 'Wild Bill' Hickcock met his end in a bar. A drunk gambler who was losing to Hickcock got up and shot him in the eye.

You band guns altogether I bet you see students making bombs from house hold chemicals (not that hard to do) and strapping them to themselves and running into buildings...

Same could happen whether it was a student or not...The bottom line is these people want to commit suicide and they want to leave their mark...They will figure away out to do this not matter what....Life sucks sometimes and things die but we cant all run around living in fear or in a police state that only gives us a false sense of safety....

-edit

In the US you have to be 21 years of age to own a handgun and in many states you need to get a permit to do so...This deters most people because of the time required so not everyone is going to be running around with a gun, what many of the people are trying to say in here is that we should not restrict guns more because of this. Handguns where already illegal to have on campus in Virginia and all it did was allow a suicidal, twisted, and depressed kid to slaughter 32 unarmed people..

Last edited:
You band guns altogether I bet you see students making bombs from house hold chemicals (not that hard to do) and strapping them to themselves and running into buildings...

Same could happen whether it was a student or not...The bottom line is these people want to commit suicide and they want to leave their mark...They will figure away out to do this not matter what....Life sucks sometimes and things die but we cant all run around living in fear or in a police state that only gives us a false sense of safety....

-edit

In the US you have to be 21 years of age to own a handgun and in many states you need to get a permit to do so...This deters most people because of the time required so not everyone is going to be running around with a gun, what many of the people are trying to say in here is that we should not restrict guns more because of this. Handguns where already illegal to have on campus in Virginia and all it did was allow a suicidal, twisted, and depressed kid to slaughter 32 unarmed people..

One of the problem with guns in crime is their simplicity. To commit a murder its the easiest tool to use, just point and shoot. Then Repeat.

A bomb does require technically expertise, its not extremely complicated, but you need to know the ingredients, the correct measurements, and how to assemble it with with blowing yourself up in the process.

The problem is that the authorities in this country cannot and will not protect anyone in this country from any situation like this.

This is something non-Americans will never understand about the US. Which is why guess is why they never understand why Americans feel a need to carry a gun with them.

Look at VT and look a columbine where the police simply sat outside the school and watched as people were being murdered.

I mean look a post hurricane Katrina for Christ’s sake. Not only did the local, federal, state authorities fail to protect people, THEY WENT AROUND CONFISCATING GUNS FROM LAW ABIDING PEOPLE so that even they could not protect themselves.

Police cannot be relied on by any individuals for personal protection in this country. No offense to 5.56x45mm intended.

(Credits Oleg Volk, THR)
30of32-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back