why should recruiters be allowed in schools?

--

April 3rd, 2005  
mandi

Topic: why should recruiters be allowed in schools?

im doing another paper on the military, the new topic is why recruiters should be allowed in high schools and colleges. theres been a few schools, some around my area, that do not allow recruiters on their campuses, and im writing as to why they should be allowed there. does anyone have any thoughts on this?
April 3rd, 2005  
Vitaly

What are the arguments against having recruiters?
April 3rd, 2005  
Charge 7

Doesn't make much sense to me to bar one future employment possibility and let in all the others. If they ban recruiters they should ban businesses as well and they'll never do that. Banning recruiters is just a "feel good" policy for liberal elite educators. Too bad they don't know what the word "liberal" really means.
--
April 3rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

yup....have to agree here, the military is just another potential employer, and as long as their not saying things like "well you should drop out & join up" i don't think there should be any problems.
April 3rd, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
yup....have to agree here, the military is just another potential employer, and as long as their not saying things like "well you should drop out & join up" i don't think there should be any problems.
Er you need a HS diploma or equivalent to sign up. I guess they could just drop out and try for the GED, but eh, you need to be 17 too, more than likely you have a single year to finish HS.
April 3rd, 2005  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
Er you need a HS diploma or equivalent to sign up. I guess they could just drop out and try for the GED, but eh, you need to be 17 too, more than likely you have a single year to finish HS.
That depends on the military. For exampple, in Canada you only need a grade 10 education to join, and you only have to be 16 for the reserves.
April 3rd, 2005  
Young Winston

Topic: Re: why should recruiters be allowed in schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi
im doing another paper on the military, the new topic is why recruiters should be allowed in high schools and colleges. theres been a few schools, some around my area, that do not allow recruiters on their campuses, and im writing as to why they should be allowed there. does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Hey, I like your rabbit.

We have no problems in Aussie schools. They are just seen as another employer.

Just the other week a navy chopper was going fron school to school in our area and the kids just loved it. They were talking mainly to 15 year olds.

What's the big deal about it in the states anyway
April 3rd, 2005  
Whispering Death

Because our society needs a strong military to defend itself.
April 3rd, 2005  
Warwick

Yeah Aussie schools are pretty good for that.
I know at the end of year 10 we had the defence force, BHP, various mining and engineering businesses plus local firms all at my school many years ago with job and trainee ship offers.
Same at the year of year 12.
Let the kids know that there are options out ther eready for them.
April 3rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Because our society needs a strong military to defend itself.
a truelly strong society shouldn't need a military to defend it. a country taht has made alot of enemies might though....