why should recruiters be allowed in schools? - Page 4

--

May 6th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think middle school is kind of pushing it.
May 6th, 2005  
chewie_nz

and i think college/university is too late
May 6th, 2005  
silent driller

Topic: Re: why should recruiters be allowed in schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi
im doing another paper on the military, the new topic is why recruiters should be allowed in high schools and colleges. theres been a few schools, some around my area, that do not allow recruiters on their campuses, and im writing as to why they should be allowed there. does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I'll go with the "Why NOT let them on here?" argument. They're just doing their jobs, not bothering anyone. I can't think of a reason NOT to let them on, so I say, "Let them on."

...That wasn't too confusing, was it?
--
May 6th, 2005  
erthwerm

I agree. When I was in high school, I went to a christian school (it was the closest one for 45 miles) and the administration did not let recruiters into the school to talk to the students. I missed out on a lot of information and opportunities to talk to a recruiter. I would have liked to see my chances when I was younger, but I guess it all works out for the best, eh?
May 7th, 2005  
A Can of Man

University is late because by now, serious candidates are looking to be officers already.
May 9th, 2005  
Missileer

Not everyone wants or can go to college so after Sr. year in High School is great for an alternative career information.
May 9th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Our SASI in my AFJROTC unit didn't even consider the Armed Forces as a career until after College, but he only considered it because his friend told him i was a good career move. So, colleges and universities are too late.
May 10th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
and i think college/university is too late
I do not agree with you chewie. There are more than a few students who drop out after theri first or second year of college. The Army is not a bad place to be when you are trying to regroup your life. It is a hard sell though. With the whole war on terror going on, recruting in the military is quite hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Eagle
Our SASI in my AFJROTC unit didn't even consider the Armed Forces as a career until after College, but he only considered it because his friend told him i was a good career move. So, colleges and universities are too late.
An interesting note to add to your arguement. Talk to any man over the age of 45. Most of them will tell you they wish they could have made the military a career. Most of my freinds who are younger say don't do it.
May 10th, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi
im doing another paper on the military, the new topic is why recruiters should be allowed in high schools and colleges. theres been a few schools, some around my area, that do not allow recruiters on their campuses, and im writing as to why they should be allowed there. does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Just say this: "So long as colleges are allowed to recruit students out of high school military recruiters have to be allowed on campus." Oh, and keep in mind that approx 78% of all the employees in a school (teachers administrators, janitors, etc.) are liberal democrats.
May 11th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Oh, and keep in mind that approx 78% of all the employees in a school (teachers administrators, janitors, etc.) are liberal democrats.
Makes sense, many school employees at my school don't have guns.