why should recruiters be allowed in schools?

Cadet Airman Adam Seaman said:
What the Liberals can't see is that our military strength is way down, we have the world first Volunteer army and too few volunteers. Statistics show that the military have over 3.5 million million men serving in 1946, 2.5 million active one million reserves. Now its like 550,000 active and 600,000 reserves.(Not approximate numbers on today’s military strength)

The recruiters are looking for new volunteers for the future which isn't looking very bright in the case of our military because today it is normal to be anti-American and anti-military, and normal to insult or troops.

Another example, in 1946 we had 1.2 million tanks and today just over 6,000. The reason being that we have a smaller army, like after the cold war our military downsized. (Not approximate numbers on today’s military strength)

Yeah well, in those cases, your talking about times in which you rnation was at war. Also, you had a conscript army untill what...1973? Canada has been volunteer since 1945. Check your facts.

As for recruiting. Yes this should be allowed. If companies can come on campus and have kids try their company out, the military should be allowed too. Besides they're not forcing anyone in. They're there for kids who are genuinely interested in serving. To have them banned from campus would be doing those kids a great disservice.

the_13th_redneck said:
As for recruiting. Yes this should be allowed. If companies can come on campus and have kids try their company out, the military should be allowed too. Besides they're not forcing anyone in. They're there for kids who are genuinely interested in serving. To have them banned from campus would be doing those kids a great disservice.

I completely agree, just because a potential employer's job is disagreeable to some members of society, doesn't meen that they shouldn't be allowed to recruit.

my personal stance is that given the amount of funding poured into schools at all levels from the government, telling the government that it cannot recruit on campuses should immediately be followed by a withdrawal of all funding, given a week, I believe the recruiting "problem" would suddenly lose significance to the faculty once they were confronted with a real problem rather than having to create crises.

Sounds like the perfect answer to me. "Oh you don't like those military guys around from the government? Wweeeelllll, you must have a real distaste for all that government funding too so we'll remove it all."

We have had a ton of recruiters come to my High school. Everyone loves it when they come, becuase most kids don't get the chance to talk to them otherwise. It gives us a chance to explore all of our opptions for when we graduat. We always have long conversations with them, the military recruiters are the type of people who will actually sit and talk with you no-matter how long it takes,most of our teachers won't mind if you skip class to talk to them either.
Its great when they come and I dont think that any school soulh have restrictions on who they will let in to their school, career wise. I mean, if they government will give the school the courtosie to stay open, I say the school should hae the courtosie to let the governments military have a few words with the students........but thats just my opinion.
~Stinson :rambo:

I like it when the recruiters come in...gives me something to do other than paperwork :roll: and they usually have some cool stories from their previous MOS's. Plus it gives the cadets a chance to find out what the real military would be like.

Most kids like it when the Recruiters hand out free stuff (Pencils, Laynards, etc.) and some of the recruiters are cadets from earlier years.

What kind of schools?(high schools,Middleschools etc.)

mainly high schools, i havent heard of too many recruiters going into middle schools myself. it seems that more people would join the military after they graduate from high school, so this would be a good time to talk to recruiters. My recruiter has cited many instances of colleges denying him access as well though.

mandi said:
im doing another paper on the military, the new topic is why recruiters should be allowed in high schools and colleges. theres been a few schools, some around my area, that do not allow recruiters on their campuses, and im writing as to why they should be allowed there. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'll go with the "Why NOT let them on here?" argument. They're just doing their jobs, not bothering anyone. I can't think of a reason NOT to let them on, so I say, "Let them on."

...That wasn't too confusing, was it?

I agree. When I was in high school, I went to a christian school (it was the closest one for 45 miles) and the administration did not let recruiters into the school to talk to the students. I missed out on a lot of information and opportunities to talk to a recruiter. I would have liked to see my chances when I was younger, but I guess it all works out for the best, eh?

Not everyone wants or can go to college so after Sr. year in High School is great for an alternative career information.

Our SASI in my AFJROTC unit didn't even consider the Armed Forces as a career until after College, but he only considered it because his friend told him i was a good career move. So, colleges and universities are too late.

chewie_nz said:
and i think college/university is too late

I do not agree with you chewie. There are more than a few students who drop out after theri first or second year of college. The Army is not a bad place to be when you are trying to regroup your life. It is a hard sell though. With the whole war on terror going on, recruting in the military is quite hard.

Desert_Eagle said:
Our SASI in my AFJROTC unit didn't even consider the Armed Forces as a career until after College, but he only considered it because his friend told him i was a good career move. So, colleges and universities are too late.

An interesting note to add to your arguement. Talk to any man over the age of 45. Most of them will tell you they wish they could have made the military a career. Most of my freinds who are younger say don't do it.

mandi said:
im doing another paper on the military, the new topic is why recruiters should be allowed in high schools and colleges. theres been a few schools, some around my area, that do not allow recruiters on their campuses, and im writing as to why they should be allowed there. does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Just say this: "So long as colleges are allowed to recruit students out of high school military recruiters have to be allowed on campus." Oh, and keep in mind that approx 78% of all the employees in a school (teachers administrators, janitors, etc.) are liberal democrats.

Damien435 said:
Oh, and keep in mind that approx 78% of all the employees in a school (teachers administrators, janitors, etc.) are liberal democrats.

Makes sense, many school employees at my school don't have guns.

Back