Why is this Process taking So Long?

thejohngates

So i collected all my medical records and i have never had any serious ailments or physical or mental health problems of any kind, i am not asthmatic, no major surgeries, nothing of the sort, i had my recs sent off to whomever goes over them before i can go take my advabs and then MEPS and its been nearly four weeks and i have still heard nothing, i contact my recruiter twice a week and he tells me he has heard nothing, is there anything i can do or anyone i can contact to find out why this is taking so long, or is this just another example of hurry up and wait?

DDayhoff: intent on becoming army 11B

My brother had a scare like this as well... and that was for a medical waiver.
He thought they had forgotten about him but it turned out alright.

You mean the ASVAB?

Maybe they are looking into your dyslexia...hehe

Don´t sweat it, hurry up and wait, the Army will always be in demand of 11 Bang bangs...

Couldn't say for sure why your situation is taking so long but, perhaps it has something to do with the Army exceeding it's recruiting goals and the looming recruiting budget cuts.
I wouldn't be surprised after hearing statements like this: "As a result of the services' recent success in maintaining this quality force, such a high level of funding for recruiting and retention is no longer required," the White House said in its budget, released Thursday. "

Military Recruiting Faces Budget Cut

just stay cool and show them your persistent but calm.

Last edited:
Couldn't say for sure why your situation is taking so long but, perhaps it has something to do with the Army exceeding it's recruiting goals and the looming recruiting budget cuts.
I wouldn't be surprised after hearing statements like this: "As a result of the services' recent success in maintaining this quality force, such a high level of funding for recruiting and retention is no longer required," the White House said in its budget, released Thursday. "

Military Recruiting Faces Budget Cut
What kind of logic is that? Unfortunately it comes as no surprise with the Democrats in power. It sounds like they needs the soldiers' money to pay for some more pet welfare projects. "Thanks for fighting and dieing for us but we don't need you as much any more and we're sure don't need any more of your kind." It's one hell of a message.

Mighty Mouse it's not that simple.
I think the funding for recruitment skyrocketed during the years when recruitment was far below the goals.
If the goals are being met, reduction back to a more realistic level is actually the right way to go.

Back