Why I Own A Assault Weapon.

The SLR was semi-automatic, the AK47 is not, Semi automatics are just as dangerous as well, as the aim of the rifle is thrown off completely when fully automatic.
That was your initial statement, and it has since been shown to you that this is not always the case,.This is what the discussion has been about. But every time you get proven wrong you just go off on a tangent about some drivel like your last effort about American police using pistols for self defense. Where does that come into a debate about the accuracy of semi and fully automatic weapons?

Read again what has been going on in the last half dozen pages, so you can have another go at working out what this is all about, instead of continually just shifting the focus every time you f*ckup.

I'm not going to try to educate you. You're just not worth the time and effort. You don't know what you're on about, and I'm sick and tired of trying to work it out.

Last edited:
The debate is not about the accuracy of automatic vs semi automatic, it is about why 5.56 owns an assault weapon.

His claim was that it was alright to own an assault weapon because it was not fully automatic and that semi automatic was safer. I have tried to refute this by saying they are just as dangerous as each other.

bulldogg said:
Semi-auto is more accurate with most weapons I have experienced and just as fast in the right hands.

Another member of the board supports my stand in that there really isn't much difference with semi auto and auto.

Rhodesy I'm talking about full automatic fire, not single shots, which 5.56 claims he can do. I've done doube taps with Assault rifles and sometimes it's who knows where the second round ends up, let alone 28 others.

This is where I came in and that's what I've been following up, your implied inaccuracy of assault rifles being used in automatic. "let alone 28 others"

Now you are saying that there's not much difference???
Another member of the board supports my stand in that there really isn't much difference with semi auto and auto.

Have you been smokin' those banana skins again? Fer Christ's sakes make up your mind. What are you saying? Other than the first thing that comes into your head.

Last edited:
The debate is not about the accuracy of automatic vs semi automatic, it is about why 5.56 owns an assault weapon.

His claim was that it was alright to own an assault weapon because it was not fully automatic and that semi automatic was safer. I have tried to refute this by saying they are just as dangerous as each other.

[/size]

Negative!!!! I own assault rifles because I can. It's my right to keep and bear arms. It doens't matter what type of firearm I want to own. WHY? because the 2nd Amendment isn't about hunting, target shooting, collecting, or the right to self defense. It's about the right of the people to keep and bear arms! Nothing more nothing less. It says that I can own a firearm (any type firearm).

I can own fully automatic wepaons if I had a wad of greenbacks.

The original topic was to explain what is the difference between a "Semiautomatic Assault Weapon" and a "Fully Automatic Military Weapon". Folks want to ban my legal right to own my AR-15 (semi-auto civilian rifle) because it looks just like an M16 (full auto military rifle). Folks want to ban said rifle because of it's looks. That was the original intent of the topic. To show you that a "Semiautomatic Assault Weapon" does not exist and it is simply a term made up by the evil anti-gunner liberals to scare folks that don't own or know about firearms to fear said firearms and their owners.

Get your facts straight.

You said this...
What the hell? The SLR was semi-automatic, the AK47 is not. Semi automatics are just as dangerous as well, as the aim of the rifle is thrown off completely when fully automatic.

I responded with this...
The term Assault Weapon was created in the USA to describe the semi-automatic rifle of military design. And I hate to burst your bubble.

ANY WEAPON IN THE HANDS OF A MADMAN IS DEADLY. It coulbe be a tire iron or a nuclear device.

As for Semi-Auto versus full Full-Auto. It doesn't matter, I can hit the target just as well with a semi-auto or with a full-auto.

It comes down to the eight fundamentals of firearm shooting.

1 - Grip
2 - Sight Alingment
3 - Sight Picture
4 - Stance
5 - Trigger Control
6 - Focus
7 - Breathing
8 - Discipline

With those fundamentals you can control all wepaon systems.

I was aling about folks like you with a fellow officer during work last night. We noticed that there are some people in society that act as tough as can be. But when it comes to weapons they are as afriad as a little school girl with a rat.

Sigmund Freud said it best, "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

I do not understand why people are so afraid of a simple tool. It does not have a mind of it's own. It is just a machine with metal, wood, and plastic. It is not designed to kill, it is designed to be used by it's owner.

Firearms do not kill people, people kill people.

You nation of Australia once allowed it's people to own firearms. But that right was taken away from you. If you take the time and get of you high horse and do the research you will notice that since your nation outlawed firearms that your crime rate skyrocketed.

An armed society is a polite society. Not everyone is peaceful, some are predators and will treat you like prey. Why disarm yourself? That is what you need to realize. Peace will never happen. PERIOD.

Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to the range to go shooting with my Semi-Automatic AK-47 and my friend's Fully Automatic Browning M2 .50 Caliber Machie Gun.

5.56x45mm
'Nuff Said...

PS - If you or anyone else ever tries to disarm me, you will only win by prying it from my cold dead blood covered hands. Why blood covered? Because I'll take some of you bastards with me before I die.

Automatic weapons can also be used as semi automatics usually through selective fire or trigger manipulation. Which shows there is no point in banning automatic weapons and not semi automatic weapons.

Automatic weapons can also be used as semi automatics usually through selective fire or trigger manipulation. Which shows there is no point in banning automatic weapons and not semi automatic weapons.

Which illustrates the point that you have little idea of exactly what stance you wish to take on this topic.

A semi-automatic weapon can be made fully automatic.
A fully automatic weapon can be made semi-automatic.

All it takes is a kit.

Either way you slice, dice, julian, puree, or make it a mush the nay-sayers and doom criers want to outlaw certain semi-automatic weapons due to their looks, not their functionality.

I've had no problems for over 40 years of gun ownership, I guess I'll get by.

The biggest problem is that people like yourself seem to think that because a man likes to use a weapon that doesn't suit your own taste, he is some kind of stereotypical redneck retard.

And what is it that makes you think I would NOT obey the law? I probably have a better record of compliance with the law than you. My most severe infringement is two parking tickets in forty years.

Glad I'm not your neighbour. How do you handle loud noise?

Don't waste the energy this is his second post on a similar thread with the same bait... troll troll troll my post gently down the stream...

Ehhh. Assault Weapons, Pistols, and Shotguns are all deadly weapons and in diffrent circumstances are more effective than the others. It seems silly to me to ban one type of gun and to allow numerous more to continue being sold. To really make a diffrence, the congress either has to BAN all guns or ALLOW all guns.

Ehhh. Assault Weapons, Pistols, and Shotguns are all deadly weapons and in diffrent circumstances are more effective than the others. It seems silly to me to ban one type of gun and to allow numerous more to continue being sold. To really make a diffrence, the congress either has to BAN all guns or ALLOW all guns.

And if they banned them all you could make your own or go to any back alley USA and buy one off the street...

My opinion on private full-auto ownership is HELL YES. I'm most likely never going to be invovled in a popular revolt against the government, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love owning an MG-42 for recreational purposes!

So would you have some fun with it at the local park? Guess you would have to pre-worn the locals to keep their kids inside.

My opinion on private full-auto ownership is HELL YES. I'm most likely never going to be invovled in a popular revolt against the government, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love owning an MG-42 for recreational purposes!

So would you have some fun with it at the local park? Guess you would have to pre-worn the locals to keep their kids inside.

You sir are an idiot. You can take a full-automatic firearm to your local gun range and shoot it. Trail Glades Range is a county park (Government Run) with a 25 yard combat range. You can rent out that range and use it to fire full-automatic weapons. Every sunday is the day that the local machine gun club gets together and plays with their toys.

They take MG-42 Machine Guns, MP-40 Submachine Guns, M1A1 Thompsons, M16 Rifles, and AK-47 Rifles. All Full-Auto.

Next time when you post about an issue that you have no knlwoledge of. Please just don't post.

5.56x45mm
'Nuff Said.......

All firearms are dangerous; they are tools and all tools are dangerous as well, a butcher knife or cleaver, used for cleaving meat, seperating ribs, etc. it can also be used as a weapon and is potentially lethal

a firearms primary role is for 1 self defense, 2 sport, and can be used, (but is not limited to i hardly need to remind anybody..except possibly Wallabies ^-^ ) accordingly; i personally would trust seno with most if not any firearm more than i would trus you (wallabie) with an airsoft gun that doesnt break 220 fps

All firearms are dangerous; they are tools and all tools are dangerous as well, a butcher knife or cleaver, used for cleaving meat, seperating ribs, etc. it can also be used as a weapon and is potentially lethal

a firearms primary role is for 1 self defense, 2 sport, and can be used, (but is not limited to i hardly need to remind anybody..except possibly Wallabies ^-^ ) accordingly; i personally would trust seno with most if not any firearm more than i would trus you (wallabie) with an airsoft gun that doesnt break 220 fps

From the mouths of babes. . .

Back