Why Not to Take a School Minibus through an MOD Military Testing Zone

Yin717

For those of you who don't know, I was on a Geography Field Trip down to Bournemouth and in this area is a big MOD Testing Ground. Now we had to drive through to get to the other side. We drove past a sign that said that the cut roads through the middle of the grounds was closed. And I said, 'Oh look. They are testing or training.' Now, being the only military lover on the bus I was rather excited but not my teacher driving next to me. However, the main road does still drive through the grounds but this can't be closed because it is a main road. So as we soon as we entered we saw a red flag flying which is a sign for firing (if I remember correctly). This I mentioned. My teacher became a little uneasy but was fine. We then passed two signs that said 'Beware of Crossing Tanks' and 'Beware of Sudden Gunfire'. I was really excited at the thought of seeing some gunfire or even a tank, but the rest of the bus was terrified at the thought of a stray shell landing on the road and maybe hitting the bus. I wasn't at all concerned, I knew the military was to well trained to cause such an incident. But being the military expert on this bus I was constantly asked whether this would happen. I mentioned that it was a possibility but didn't say anything else because they didn't want to hear any more. For the rest of the journey the teacher and the bus were terrified of stray shells, and nothing I said could make it better. Though I don't think I helped when I spotted a luminous jacket of a commander in the distance obviously monitoring gunfire. I think I should of kept my mouth shut really. But yeah, motto of the story is. Don't take a minibus of uneducated kids through a military testing zone while red flag's are flying. lol.

Back