Why no love for India? - Page 5

View Poll Results :Will India or China rise up in the future to take the lead in Asia?
India 11 26.19%
China 29 69.05%
Other (please specify) 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 17th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Here is some interesting page about China in CBC:

http://www.cbc.ca/china/index.html

I believe they also have a site about India.

Also, I am not very sure if the common use of English in India can be seen as a long term advantage over China.
I think India has alot of different languages, almost each state speaks one different language with different writting system, while in China it is all same.

Again about the English language, I believe if a couple of million ppl in China can use English for scientific purpose it will already be enough. I believe the japanese common ppl don't know english at all, still they have no problem to be on TOP of tech at all, same applies to all nations.

For common ppl, you just need to learn a couple of english words to go tourisme outside your country, that's enough.
November 18th, 2004  
Xion

i read the infos about china and india, very depressing view about india....though they say its future bright and shit...but anyone who will read it will feel that this country is a shithole....they are doing it purposely.They only showed poor people faces, some old muslim guy crying and and how some dumbass is sending lunch to office workers , only poor people ,all BS.Its like they are teasing us.Only portray the bad things about india and good things about other countries.
And this are the reason why there is no love for india, only sympathy.
November 18th, 2004  
It's all a game

Xion,

Don't worry about what others say about you. They say worse things about China, which didn't crash China. If China ever crashed, it would be an implosion caused by itself. As I l said, I do think it's possible, albeit not very likely.

The important thing is that people of each country should know themselves what their problems are.

While I'm arguing against people's prejudice against China, I am fully aware the myriads of problems China has, and I don't stop hating them myself. And when I praise the land of the USA, I am also fully aware of its so many problems. We just need to try and keep our head cool and clear as often as we can .
--
Boots
November 18th, 2004  
Damien435

Not that many Japanese speak english? Are you kidding me, something like 1 in 10 Japanese speak English, which is by the way the language of trade, when people from Japanese and Chinese businesses meet they talk in English, over 60% of the world speaks english.

And only 70% of Chinese speak and write Mandarin(sp?) the rest for the most part speak Cantonese(sp?).
November 18th, 2004  
MadeInChina

so ur saying 30% of chinese speaks cantonese??? as in 3 in 10 chinese ppl u see? as in 0.45 billion chinese speaks cantonese??? hahas, even the province of sichuan doesnt have that many chinese in it, and the highest amoujnt of population of chinese in one province is around 0.1 billion.

you seirously need to look up ur sources and supports before u post, other wise i take u for a dumbass* (sry, a little too extreme)
November 18th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

It was my understanding that virtually all Cantonese speakers in China were more or less required to learn Mandarin too -- but the reverse is seldom ever true.

Anyways, all of that is wandering off topic ...
November 18th, 2004  
Xion

`Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon ?`

lol: ...That was the headline of one of an article on India and China sometime back in Times Of India.Nowadays almost everyday they have an article related to China in the newspapers here
November 18th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndShockarmy
so ur saying 30% of chinese speaks cantonese??? as in 3 in 10 chinese ppl u see? as in 0.45 billion chinese speaks cantonese??? hahas, even the province of sichuan doesnt have that many chinese in it, and the highest amoujnt of population of chinese in one province is around 0.1 billion.

you seirously need to look up ur sources and supports before u post, other wise i take u for a dumbass* (sry, a little too extreme)
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying, 30% of the population of China speak Cantonese as their main language or they are bilingual, since I can see you are going to have some problems understanding that I will make it simple for you, people who speak and write in two or more languages.
November 18th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Only less than 4% population (about 50 million ppl, including Kongkong) in China speaks Cantonese.

Cantonese is only a dialect, like Shanghainese dialect or many other dialects. All those dialects just sound a bit different, but writting is completely same.
November 19th, 2004  
MadeInChina

jeez, this guy damien, has a serious issue of stereotypical posting: i take him for an averge american whos contact with alomst everychiense is with a cantonese speaking person, which lead to him thinking that 3/10 of ppl in china speaks cantonese. i understand that though- he doesnt have a broad range of infomation about things in this world...(sry about the flaming, im not feeling very good today)

the reason northern china had the same dialect(different accents though) is because of the concentration of people across the plains and th efact that many rivers are crossable and there are little mountain ranges

the south however are blocked by mountains and rivers and ofther natural goodies, thats why if ur from shanghai and talking to someone from zhejiang they have very different dialects