Why no love for India? - Page 3

View Poll Results :Will India or China rise up in the future to take the lead in Asia?
India 11 26.19%
China 29 69.05%
Other (please specify) 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 17th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
stay off your back yard?????? wuts that suppose to mean

hahas, tibet is part of china
india was invaded because they've been naughty*
vietnam was invaded ( why cry about it??? dont u want vietnam to be defeated>>) because theyve also been naughty*

*both countries tried to invade china or dispute the border
Stay out of our back yards.
And TRY to stay on topic.
November 17th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Underestimating either China or India is simply a bad idea. Both have immense resources in both people and materials. If either of them doesn't watch carefully, the other could become a dangerous threat. The bigger question is -- can China and India trust one another. As of this moment, they probably can't based on past disputes. Frog has expressed hopefullness that the two can have good relations. Is this wishful thinking or is it truly possible?
November 17th, 2004  
MadeInChina

haha, ur backyard??? seriously though, stay out of eastern pacific then, the us has no right to position troops in south korea, shouldbe be abusig its powers in japan, putting the 7th fleet in the taiwan strait...

we eastern pacificans can get along fine without the us navy..

btw, where in the world are u guys from in United states??? u guys sound like ur from the south...
--
Boots
November 17th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I'm not from the US. I'm in DC right now but that'll change in about a month.
November 17th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

And you sound like foreigner who uses terribly old and overused stereotypes.

I'm from the plains, central America.

13th redneck, I'm pretty sure his homeland is south korea, I have no clue where he lives now....
November 17th, 2004  
MadeInChina

nah, im us citizen
November 17th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Why do you only bore the Chinese flag as your "country"?
November 17th, 2004  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision
haha, ur backyard??? seriously though, stay out of eastern pacific then, the us has no right to position troops in south korea, shouldbe be abusig its powers in japan, putting the 7th fleet in the taiwan strait...

we eastern pacificans can get along fine without the us navy..
By that you of course mean China running things with no opposition, not these independent countries governing themselves. See if China could be trusted in doing so without taking revenge against the people of Taiwan then I doubt the US would mind letting China have it back, the problem is, you and I both know this is true so don't bother trying to dispute it, China would not march into T'aipei as the Glorious Liberator, it would march in as the Victorious Conquereor, killing thousands, hundreds of thousands, or millions of people.

The US is not gonna let China take over Taiwan, is it a part of China? Not really, sure Taiwan has not officially declared it's independence from China, but they are still an independent government and has been that way for 55 years now. China can not make an attempt at taking Taiwan without starting WWIII, US intervention is innevitable becuase you have an entire US Navy Carrier Group stationed there, you would have to kill American's to take Taiwan and we do not take kindly to that sort of thing.

FYI, I agree with Patton and MacArthur, we should have crossed the Elbe in 1945 and kept going right on through Germany, Poland, and into Russia. Patton saw (or more likely remembered) that the Soviet Union was going to be an enemy. MacArthur wanted to invade China, needless to say the world would be a much different place if we had listened to either of these men, perhaps the Korean War would no longer be called the Forgotten War.

No, the Chinese people as a whole are a great people, I know plenty of people from Southeast Asia, China, and India, they are great people, we just have some belief differences and I think it is safe to say that everyone here has very strong nationalist ties to their respective countries. I still think that India has the capability to rival China in the future, would a united India and Pakistan be unbeatable? No, but they would definetly be a force to be reckoned with. The Muslim Leaque would act first (I believe that the Muslim League will become like the European Union, only more powerful.) most likely through Pakistan and into India while sending Turkish raiding parties into China. The US would act, Russia would definely get involved, basically it comes down to this, India & China against the World. Now I do not think that India and China would be invaded as a pre-emptive action, but if they went after Southeast Asia I am sure the world would act.

Guys, please try to keep it Civil, I realise that South Koreans and Chinese are not going to have a lot of love for each other, but hey, I do not like China all that much either and I am making (what I believe to be) a good attempt at being civil about this.
November 17th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
hahas, tibet is part of china
india was invaded because they've been naughty*
thats what you have been told in China, in India we firmly believe that China was naughty.
3 days before China attacked us in the 1960s a chinese premier visited India and assured the then Prime Minister of India Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru that China would not attack India.They told us in Hindi "Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai" which means "Indians and Chinese are brothers".
But they cheated us and did invade.
Again the truth only remains hidden, no one except the military officials from both sides know what exactly happened.
It was like a sudden attack, the same what happened in Pearl Harbour, so India wasn't prepared for the attack.Jawaharlal Nehru was in a state of shock as he never expected China would attack India.He soon died some years after that.
I think India lost mainly because of the sheer numbers of chinese army.Quality wise we were equal but the Chinese simply kept coming.

But lets forget the past now, things now seem to be normalising with Indian-Chinese trade improving.Military co-operation is still a long way, but I think that could take place too in a few years.

I don't think Malaysia or Singapore or Indonesia is a competition for India.In fact in a recent Indio-Singapore joint air force exercise the Singaporeans were so impressed by Indians that they want to train alongside Indian air-force.
Indonesia wants India rather than China to monitor the straits of malacca from where majority of the trade ships pass from EastAsia to europe,africa , middle east etc..
Malaysia, Indians recently trained them to use Russian Su-30's.I think these countries aren't a problem to India.
But yeah I think between India and China its like asking George W. Bush whether he actually hates or like John Kerry.

Quote:
um.... why go aginist china??? we chinese are good people, we are the victims man, of many invasions and things, and now u dont want to see the chiense live better life???? what are you, racist???
same here bud

and i think, why theres more importance for china than india because its too large a country, 3 times the size of india.....plus the largest population in the world.....largest military.....everything you compare it with india , india is dwarfed in front of china ( except the quality of things, well, thats a point to debate )

Quote:
india..... jeez, is actually going to go down soon
Some also said that when India became independent.Its like we were bestowed with "underestimation" for life.India has been independent only for 50 years, I think whatever we have achieved so far is a victory for us in itself.
November 17th, 2004  
Dagger

I believe the main reason for India not being considered as powerful as China is Pakistan. India has to devote a lot of her resource to counter Pakistan.I even heard some analyst even saying that

India's nett MIlitary strength = India's Total military strength - Pakistan's Total Military strength
If you consider this, then India's Strength is halved.While china on the other hand doesn't have a such a threat, which means they can use their full strength in any conflict.So militarily this makes China more powerful than India.
And I agree with the suggestion that China gets more attention because people are worried about China's growing military power as they are worried this could lead to future conflicts.