Why no love for India? - Page 16

View Poll Results :Will India or China rise up in the future to take the lead in Asia?
India 11 26.19%
China 29 69.05%
Other (please specify) 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 10th, 2004  
MadeInChina

shanghai to me:

1994- i was in shanghai and visiting there, it appeared a different place than the city from where i was living in, it is cospolitan, very croweded, people squeezed everywhere, and there are hundreds of cranes on the other side of hte river as well as the westenr side. obviously, it is transforming itself.

2003- When i landed in the new pudong airport, it had a super style and arterctural style to it, it is very big( almost gotmyself lost) and the airport could handle more than the tokyo airport. the expressway leading me to the city was a 6 lane highway, aroudn it is new industrial parks and new housing villages. As i crossed the river, the city appared to be very tall and sky-touching, and when i looked at the river, hehe, i saw some destroyers been built inthe jiang-nan shipyeard, appeared to be the hulls of the future destoryers. the city was very nice, few cities could compare to it except new york city, both are very alike, and the food was just great. I could probal;y type a whole page about it, but im not gonna cuz i'll waste too much time.

waht i said shows how fast chian is developing, especially in urban areas, whereas people are living better and the ecnonomy is booming.

8)
December 10th, 2004  
HEHEHAHA

But corruption is common in China, especially Shanghai. In terms of infrastructure, Shanghai is comparable to HK, but there is room for improvement in legal system.
December 11th, 2004  
NgoDinhdiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Things in the world tend to balance themselves out. The prospect of an overwhelmingly powerful China is always make their neighbors nervous. India, being their neighbor, is going to be driven to try to keep up. On top of that, they have some amazing undeveloped potential and China doesn't enter into that fact.

i agree with you there, just like the europeans powers of the past, if china becomes a sppuerpowers its neighbours will get nervous, who will balme indi to ally themselve with the USA or russia. we all heard it b4 the "the balance of powers" but we have to remmber that if China reach superpower status, they have like 20% of the world's population, that's many alliances within itself.

I see China and France As a Futre alliance, therefor China an europe, I see a USA, British, australia, japan, as another one in the near future
--
Boots
December 11th, 2004  
MadeInChina

give a proof that corruption is common in shanghai?? NO?? i thought so

shanghai, beijing, tianjin and chongqin are central government-directed. with a tighter grip on corruption and most of the officials are clean..

curropution is common in small cities, bigcities without the cnentral-directed status
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

south korea will probably get destryed in the future or become a battle field again anyway, pity those dumb south koreans..

anyway, back to topic,

a guy up ther says china's economy heavily relies on U.S ...that is kind of BS...this year Euro is our biggest trading partner....in the future,
and didn't u hear that a cinese company just bought half of IBM/???

we got 500billinon U.S cash reserve in china (the result of 20 years economic boom), we sell all those away, U.S currency will crush(we dont want to do it)

India will never be a strong country if it doens't limit its population, agree?
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

well, today i saw a documentary about Bhopal, it was documented about the survivors and people around bhopal, i could not belive how poverished the indians are despite its ecnomomic growth, im not trying to be racist or anything, but india's poverty standard is way lower than china's. The pictures brought tears to my eyes, it was pretty ugly how one cripple had to make a living by pushing handcarts full of rocks.

anyways, about the gas attck, it was horrofic, 10,000 and more killed, and mutated babies.
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

india is using their ppl's butt-off-earned money to buy those good looking weapons.....and i dont think they make a lot good stuff as china do by their own..
December 13th, 2004  
MadeInChina

some people think that indian tech is higher than chinas, it is wrong to state that because india brought all its tech from countries.

china produced more than half of its own tech because we have pride 8)
December 13th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

if india wants to fight, she has to fight both china and pakistan, china and pakistan have been allies for a longlong time..

rumours say china provides some key tech of making nukes and missles for pakistans...as soon as india got nukes, pakistan have it too

and now there is a huge railway finished in china connect central region to tibet..the transportation system for the army against india has been increased by 20 times...
December 13th, 2004  
rajkhalsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAbuddy
india is using their ppl's butt-off-earned money to buy those good looking weapons.....and i dont think they make a lot good stuff as china do by their own..
LMAO

India has the smallest military spending as % of per capita, significantly so, than ANY of her surrounding countries.

The majority of India's armed forces quite simply are more technologically advanced than China. It is the focus on technology/training that offsets China's numerical advantage.

Building technologies in-house does not equate to technological advancement. And the reason for this has nothing to do with pride, but because China is embargoed by nearly every major arms supplier on the planet, except for Russia.

If pride was a matter, than why is it that China's leaders are pressuring EU to allow arms sales?