Why no love for India? - Page 13

View Poll Results :Will India or China rise up in the future to take the lead in Asia?
India 11 26.19%
China 29 69.05%
Other (please specify) 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 7th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
I think the bad times of China are gone now, only good things to come.If everything goes well IMO China will be the superpower in the coming 50 years.
Or even in 20 years perhaps. Who knows, they might become one earlier than expected or later than expected. And also, they are known to surprise the world of their progress and they might do it again.
December 7th, 2004  
MadeInChina

the us expected a new generation of nucke subs in china around 2020, but apparently recently a sighting of new chinese subs are found built and tested.... the us underestimates china by a lot
December 8th, 2004  
jz

i think the most important thing in China is EDUCATION.
40 or 50 years ago CCP didnt realize it,but now they do.
--
Boots
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
the us expected a new generation of nucke subs in china around 2020, but apparently recently a sighting of new chinese subs are found built and tested.... the us underestimates china by a lot
Its the greatest blindspot of the USA and Europe -- realizing that somebody non-European just might surprise you. In 1905, the West was stunned by the Empire of Japan whipping Russia's butt ... and yet the West hasn't really opened its eyes. Sooner or later, Europeans and Asians are going to have to come to terms with the fact that neither of them is inherently better than the other.

Back on topic, India is likely going to be underestimated by everyone for a long time to come. Looks at Southeast Asia focus on China and skip India for no obvious reason. Its a 1 billion strong blindspot. Pretty strange, don't you think?
December 8th, 2004  
kotakk

Military wise India has better Military Equipment than China and anyways It definitely has the better Airforce of the two.
December 8th, 2004  
isp

Topic: You are sure about india?

Yes, may the Fighter - plane better than China now (just now). But if you want to real conquer a country you have to use ground army. That no other question the Chinese ground army is No.1. Even the Americans have to admit that.

Did you hear about f-10, the Chinese made fighter-plane; we canít contest with F-22. But we can compete with F-16 c/d. or F/C 18 and also made by Chinese themselves. How is India? Buying SU-30mki form Russian? You have so many US $$$$.
December 8th, 2004  
Xion

India has better tech than China, but IMO China can nullify that advantage by strength in numbers.
A Su-30 can only shoot down X numbers of F-10s before it itself becomes a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp
Did you hear about f-10, the Chinese made fighter-plane;
Yeah I did just as you should about LCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp
How is India? Buying SU-30mki form Russian? You have so many US $$$$.
China buys Sukhois from Russia too.
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

If Russia can build them, would India be in the market for SU-47 Berkuts? I'm sure Russia would rather sell them to India than China for the time being.
December 8th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
India has better tech than China, but IMO China can nullify that advantage by strength in numbers.
Actually do you have any IT Specs of the J-10? No? Sorry, thanyou can't say that India has the upper hand in tech.
December 9th, 2004  
MadeInChina

Really? upperhand in technology? give some proof, i have never heard of it