Why have people stopped asking questions?

freedom of speech and freedom of shutting up ;), but i did observe the same obscure phenomenon in some way I guess...

Would you care to expand on your question TOG.

I have lots of questions, however it seems that the answers are causing some persons to become uncomfortable.

I don't really care. People will believe what they believe and whatever is supposed to happen will. We'll get what we deserve and we'll also get what we don't deserve. What we say doesn't mean a damned thing.
It's not just this forum that's giving me that idea but what's going on in this country at the moment as well.
As a result I'm somewhat losing faith in democracy. Not so much because of the general idea itself but because I've lost all faith in people.

I don't really care. People will believe what they believe and whatever is supposed to happen will. We'll get what we deserve and we'll also get what we don't deserve. What we say doesn't mean a damned thing.
It's not just this forum that's giving me that idea but what's going on in this country at the moment as well.
As a result I'm somewhat losing faith in democracy. Not so much because of the general idea itself but because I've lost all faith in people.
The line from Men In Black sums it up quite nicely for me.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

I don't really care. What we say doesn't mean a damned thing.
I believe that you have answered your own question here.

The only reason why, "what we think doesn't mean a damned thing", is because we don't act on it or tell people what we think.

e.g. Politicians think we love them, they also think we are too dumb to see through their lies, and the reason for this, is that we are to apathetic to tell them en masse.

If one man sticks his head up, the pollies just claim that he is a trouble maker, but if everybody got of their big fat lazy duff and told them, they would have to listen.

Then of course there at the absolute bottom of the ladder are those who think that politics is marvelous. Well,... generally why they are not politicians themselves is because they are too damned dumb, but the politicians just love them, because they give them an air of credibility.

In short, if there's something you don't think is right, say your piece.

I believe that you have answered your own question here.

The only reason why, "what we think doesn't mean a damned thing", is because we don't act on it or tell people what we think.

e.g. Politicians think we love them, they also think we are too dumb to see through their lies, and the reason for this, is that we are to apathetic to tell them en masse.

If one man sticks his head up, the pollies just claim that he is a trouble maker, but if everybody got of their big fat lazy duff and told them, they would have to listen.

Then of course there at the absolute bottom of the ladder are those who think that politics is marvelous. Well,... generally why they are not politicians themselves is because they are too damned dumb, but the politicians just love them, because they give them an air of credibility.

In short, if there's something you don't think is right, say your piece.

But then you arrrive at the next problem; one person will want to make a stand but when they do no one will back them up and they get crucified for it.

No one wants to be a martyr, so no one does anything.

But then you arrrive at the next problem; one person will want to make a stand but when they do no one will back them up and they get crucified for it.

No one wants to be a martyr, so no one does anything.
That was my point I guess, people don't ask hard questions or say what they believe is right because they are afraid of what others will say. The truth is that many of those others feel the same way but they haven't got the moral fortitude to say what they know is right because of who is watching or listening.

Too many persons only say what they think those about them want to hear, so rather than be thought unpopular, they bite their tongue and go with the flow.

It's not being a martyr, it's just doing/saying what's right and damn the consequences. There's no pain involved, and you learn who your real friends are very quickly.

Hm, I really don't see why this thread is in the Suggestions/Comments forum???? :sleep:

No I say what I have to say but as long as it's something beyond my pay grade it won't matter.
I've always voiced my opinion, too often (especially in this neck of the woods) it's been in contrary to the majority. But it's never done any good. Which is why I've kind of changed it around a bit... and now I just listen and learn as much as I can about the other person.
So it's not anything about being a martyr or anything, it's just frustrating, pointless and a waste of time.

Hm, I really don't see why this thread is in the Suggestions/Comments forum???? :sleep:
I dunno,.... I didn't read the name of the Forum, I just answered what I thought was the question and prolly got TOGs intended meaning way off track.

Sorry 'bout that.:oops:

Back