and more
Tunisia
Sudan
PLO
September 11th, 2011  
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie
The biggest reason Israel's attackers always lost was their having to stop five times each day to pray to Mecca. It gave the Israelis the chance to resupply and advance.
And then people think that Americans are stupid.
September 13th, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
The biggest reason Israel's attackers always lost was their having to stop five times each day to pray to Mecca. It gave the Israelis the chance to resupply and advance.
Or maybe the fact that they all had a different direction in which to turn in order to face Mecca...

Basicly agreeing upon one common goal (war against Israel) does not equal a structured and well functioning leadership with perfectly tuned communication lines.
And as the Arab states mentioned was barely able to keep peace among themselves it's pretty far fetched to expect them fighting like a united force against a third party.
A problem the Israelis obviously wasn't hampered by.
--
November 1st, 2011  
BritinAfrica

I remember hearing or reading about a dog fight between sub sonic Jordanian Hawker Hunters and Mach 1+ Israeli Mirages. Neither side could get on the six O'clock of the other, until a Jordanian either lost his nerve or was running out of fuel, made a break for home. The faster Mirage got on his tail and shot him down, the Jordanian “banged out” into a canyon wall. The fight was broken off.
November 1st, 2011  
VDKMS

Know your enemy.
Israel almost knew everything about their enemies. When war comes they know the strenght en weakness and know exactly were to attack.
That's why they are so nervous today. They don't know what the outcome will be.
November 3rd, 2011  
lvcabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Know your enemy.
Israel almost knew everything about their enemies. When war comes they know the strenght en weakness and know exactly were to attack.
That's why they are so nervous today. They don't know what the outcome will be.
I think the Israelis know EXACTLY what they are facing! And from where!
What they DON'T KNOW is how the US will react in the event they are attacked by Arab nations. Their Prime Minister has lived in the US and knows what the people want but not what the current administration's responses would be.
I am certain they are deeply concerned about next year's elections. If, heaven forbid, the president is re-elected, I am certain they will send some of their new ICBMs in the direction of Iran.
November 4th, 2011  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
I think the Israelis know EXACTLY what they are facing! And from where!
What they DON'T KNOW is how the US will react in the event they are attacked by Arab nations. Their Prime Minister has lived in the US and knows what the people want but not what the current administration's responses would be.
I am certain they are deeply concerned about next year's elections. If, heaven forbid, the president is re-elected, I am certain they will send some of their new ICBMs in the direction of Iran.

I have a hard time believing that. I am sure this administration will protect Israel if they are attacked. The only thing Israel should be worried about when it comes down to it is if U.S will be willing to do a pre-emptive strike against Iran.

At this current moment, I don't believe it would be best for any president and/or congress political well-being to do such a thing. If he do, then he will be painted as a war monger and lose support (as U.S citizens can be very naive).

I actually want Obama to win again, to save us from going backwards (which can potentially harm recovery). I actually plan on voting for him again next election.
February 1st, 2012  
ezlead

Israel knows exactly whom and what they are up against. I'm sure they have agents in Iran and all the other Arab countries. Before anyone becomes a direct threat to the sovereignty of Israel,they will take whatever means they need to to protect themselves. Iran's leadership has already said that if they get nuclear,they will blow Israel off the map. Before they get close to doing this,Israel will take care of the problem. The US will not even have to be involved,except maybe to stop Israel from totally eliminating the problem.
February 2nd, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlead
Israel knows exactly whom and what they are up against. I'm sure they have agents in Iran and all the other Arab countries. Before anyone becomes a direct threat to the sovereignty of Israel,they will take whatever means they need to to protect themselves. Iran's leadership has already said that if they get nuclear,they will blow Israel off the map. Before they get close to doing this,Israel will take care of the problem. The US will not even have to be involved,except maybe to stop Israel from totally eliminating the problem.
Do they really know that? In a case of a nuclear exchange with Iran perhaps, Israel is in a situation similar as the US was during the Vietnam War, it worked quite well on a tactical level, but it was lacking the strategically level. Israel is very competent to defend itself, but against a threat from abroad who is using an asymmetrical approach, the war in 2006 against Hezbollah describes it quite well, even if it is difficult to evaluate the losses that Hezbollah suffered during this conflict.
August 23rd, 2012  
ScarabVenom

For some reason, I feel like I'm the only one who believes Egypt came out with the most out of this war. I do also believe that Egypt's military situation at the end was just a tiny bit better than Israel's. I can argue a tie between those two but not an Israeli victory. o.O