Why have all Arab-Israeli wars ended in victory for the latter? - Page 4

--

July 3rd, 2011  
MontyB

But I think you are both missing the problem, the fact that you can both fill a forum with atrocities committed by either side does not make one more right than the other it just makes them both equally as bad.

I am prepared to accept that the Palestinians can not achieve their aims without bloodshed lets face it Israel is not going to suddenly disappear off the map because Palestinians are sending them flowers instead of rockets but at the same time I can understand Israel's desire to defend itself even if it is in the wrong, however I will accept that Israel in my opinion has gone beyond self defence and opted for brutal oppression in many instances.
July 3rd, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
But I think you are both missing the problem, the fact that you can both fill a forum with atrocities committed by either side does not make one more right than the other it just makes them both equally as bad.
I was merely countering the blatant attempt to gain sympathy for a murderous oppressor. And as pointed out the Israelis have no cause for complaint.

They provoke people until they get a reaction, and then they over react, time and time again. Then they have the unmitigated gall to complain.
July 3rd, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:

I am prepared to accept that the Palestinians can not achieve their aims without bloodshed lets face it Israel is not going to suddenly disappear off the map because Palestinians are sending them flowers instead of rockets but at the same time I can understand Israel's desire to defend itself even if it is in the wrong, however I will accept that Israel in my opinion has gone beyond self defence and opted for brutal oppression in many instances.
Agree, as two wrongs doesn't make one right, and since both parts are doing it wrong, neither one of them is right.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, we can be thankfull that the radical ideologies behind terrorist actions today are so obsessed with meaningless bloodshed, and not by achieving a goal.
And the day some Palestinian leader start reading Ghandi, the state of Israel as we know it today is in serious trouble.

The growt of compromise just can't be fertilized with blood.
--
July 4th, 2011  
r.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie
And we will, of course, not once mention dead Israeli children from rockets attacking from Gaza?

Israelis killed by rocket attacks from Gaza

and I suppose this is a blood-thirsty Israeli soldier out to kill innocent Palestinians?

i have to agree with you there. anyway my info is probably not correct anyway...
July 4th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.fox
i have to agree with you there. anyway my info is probably not correct anyway...
Mate if people worried about posting inaccurate information half the political discussions here would have never started, my suggestion would be to try and verify the info you have through major media outlets and if it checks out post away.
July 6th, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
Mate if people worried about posting inaccurate information half the political discussions here would have never started, my suggestion would be to try and verify the info you have through major media outlets and if it checks out post away.
But remember to check with different media outlets, as they all have a different stance and serve different opinions.
When you see reports from Fox News and compare them to Reuters or Al Jazeera you start wondering if they are reporting from the same planet.
July 6th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
But remember to check with different media outlets, as they all have a different stance and serve different opinions.
When you see reports from Fox News and compare them to Reuters or Al Jazeera you start wondering if they are reporting from the same planet.
Agreed I tend to use the media as confirmation that an event took place as it is pointless trying to validate a view given that they all have a different stance on the issue.
That being said if the only corroboration I find is through blogs I generally disregard it as I tend to find most blogs have just taken some rumour and spun it to what ever extreme view the writer has.
September 6th, 2011  
r.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie
And we will, of course, not once mention dead Israeli children from rockets attacking from Gaza?

true. you have me there
September 6th, 2011  
Ibrahim Hamdy

Who said that Israel win finally see the history well and you will see that Israel defeated the Egyptian army in 1973 The success of Israel, then make the part of America's part, and NATO recently .. Well in order to see the size of Israel, let alone fighting a war .. Called to tell you that the Great State of Israel will not take just one day be dust
September 6th, 2011  
lvcabbie

The biggest reason Israel's attackers always lost was their having to stop five times each day to pray to Mecca. It gave the Israelis the chance to resupply and advance.