Why have all Arab-Israeli wars ended in victory for the latter? - Page 3

--

May 30th, 2011  
84RFK

Neither side of that conflict is willing to listen at the few who advocate compromise.
It's an endless discussion about who threw the first stone, and off course, who was there first...
May 30th, 2011  
Metin

Even in tribe wars arabs fight to the death. Hatred is very effective in this part of the world.
May 30th, 2011  
Alan P

The Palestinians deserve their own country and so do the Jews. Surely you must agree with that. Why can you not put behind you what probably happened before you were born and please stop being so biased. Let us all live in peace and put an end to all these ridiculous religous wars.
--
May 31st, 2011  
senojekips

Where exactly do you get the idea that for some reason, the Jews deserve a country of their own? They are no more than a religious group, what would you say if the Methodists of the world suddenly decided that they wanted to partition off a "homeland" in England because that is where theiir religion started.

More to the point, why should the Jews get Palestine of all places, why not partition off a part of one of the UN countries who supported this gracious gift of someone else's land.? Yeah,... I know what sort of answer we would get to that suggestion,... no, it's easier to give away someone else's land isn't it?

Even if the Jews did "deserve" a homeland, it most likely should have been in Europe, after all that is where their majority were living, perhaps Germany as part of war reparations?
June 8th, 2011  
r.fox

when you think about the arab-isreali wars it is generaly the isrealis who strike first. im not pro arab or anything but sometimes the arabs didnt really do anything wrong. how many times did the isrealis attack civilians anyway? what were they drinking?
sometimes the locals of the villages they conqered were terrified to come out becouse they had heard of isreali war crimes and more often then not, men of fighting age were shot on the spot or taken prisioners even though they were civilians
June 8th, 2011  
MontyB

Ok here is a small problem for you to think about, how do you avoid killing civilians when the people shooting at you are doing so from built up areas crammed full of civilians?

I am not going to defend Israel but it is a dilemma for any occupying force and the only real counter argument says that Israel can't defend itself which is a somewhat unrealistic stance.

As for the rest I will back Senojekips argument.
June 10th, 2011  
r.fox

true... i have to agree with you their. also as far as i am aware of, only snipers do not inflict any civilian casualties
July 1st, 2011  
r.fox

Anyway i wasn`t talking about collateral damage, i was talking about the civilians the ireaslis massacared
July 3rd, 2011  
lvcabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.fox
Anyway i wasn`t talking about collateral damage, i was talking about the civilians the ireaslis massacared
And we will, of course, not once mention dead Israeli children from rockets attacking from Gaza?

Israelis killed by rocket attacks from Gaza

and I suppose this is a blood-thirsty Israeli soldier out to kill innocent Palestinians?

July 3rd, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcabbie
And we will, of course, not once mention dead Israeli children from rockets attacking from Gaza?

OK,... give me some ballpark figures for Israeli women and children killed by Palestinian rockets since 2000, which incidentally are hardly more than fireworks, (Here's a hint: 22) and the number of Palestinian women and children killed by Israeli missiles. Well, I haveny got my calculator here so I'll just quote the figures from the last Gaza attack (somewhere between 1,166 and 1,417)

Then let's take into account that the Palestinians are attempting to repel an occupying force whereas the israelis are the occupiers.

I'll say it again (for the umteenth time). We'll put you in the Palestinian position. What would you do if Mexico was to give all the most fertile and economically viable parts of the USA to the starving Somalians and then back them with ongoing financial and military aid to murder those US citizens that resisted?

You want pictures of atrocities? I bet i can find ten for every one that you can.