And this is why I hate welfare....

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
http://www.macon.com/2010/12/16/1379464/funding-cuts-leave-many-without.html

20101215-221428-pic-125665235.standalone.prod_affiliate.71.jpg

Showing her Georgia Power bills in the one warm room of her home, Raymeica Kelly explains how her mother, sister and herself were turned away from the Energy Assistance Program on Wednesday morning after standing in line for four hours. All three complained that the system the Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council uses to give out the assistance needs improving.

Does anyone see what's wrong with that picture?

She claims that she's dirt poor, can't afford to keep her place warm during winter because she can't afford the electricity yet she has a Xbox 360 Game System and a massive LCD/Plasma TV.... which looks to be larger then a 50 inch. She can afford that but she can't afford the electricity? She should do two of three things.

1. Pawn the TV and Xbox 360 and use that to pay your bills
2. STFU and get a job you damn welfare parasite
3. STFU period and freeze since you're to damn stupid to understand how society works and that you need to be responsible for your own well being.

I work hard and pay my bills yet this parasitic leach sucks the life blood and wealth out of folks like me. F#@$ her and her ilk.... this is what social services and welfare gets you. A professional parasitic class within society that does nothing except steal our hard earned money and screws us over.

lol..maybe it was a gift? lol...then again, I should petition my state to pardon all my "unpaid" student loans :) lol.

Unfortunate. Hilarious, but unfortunate.

There are always going to be parasites. If there is a program out there to help those in need, there will be those who would take advantage of it. That's just the way of the world.

Does this mean that we should offer no social programs whatsoever? No.

Aren't we jumping rather quickly to conclusions?

Maybe she had a job and lost it (lots of that going on these days) perhaps it was a gift, or a donation? Maybe the photo wasn't taken in her house and thus things aren't hers. First senetnce suggested it was in a church, and yes some churches have big screen TVs and Xbox's for the kiddies.

I lost my job two years ago, I collected benefits for 4 months until I found another job. That doesn't make me a parasite because I got a little government help. And I while I did have to tighten my belt, nobody forced me to sell all my stuff either.

THERE IS 10% UNEMPLOYMENT, TELLING PEOPLE TO GET A JOB IS LIKE TELLING THE ISREALIS AND PALESTINEANS TO STOP KILLING EACH OTHER, ITS EASIER SAID THAN DONE. ITS NO FUN BEING UNEMPLOYED, TAKE IT FROM PERSONAL EXPERIANCE

I had paid into the unemployment system for years (and still do) only fair for me to take a little out when I needed it.

Yes there are a few people who cheat the system, but they are the vast minority. Especially in this economic clusterf**k most people are just on their ass I'm sorry to say. Don't believe me? Feel free to quit your job and see how hard it is to get another one.
I see no reason to be an ass*ole and give them an additional kick when they are down.

Since I have been busted out myself, I can't condemn others in similar situations especially based on very little facts provided.

Its soon Christmas, even Scrooge had a heart in the end.

Last edited:
I understand where the original post comes from.
I am a lifelong working man and a veteran.
The post is attempting to simplify a tremendously complicated situation.
As stated, abuse is statistically quite small.
Pictures can be misleading.

I understand where the original post comes from.
I am a lifelong working man and a veteran.
The post is attempting to simplify a tremendously complicated situation.
As stated, abuse is statistically quite small.
Pictures can be misleading.

Good post.

A common misconception is those on welfare don't work. This is patently false, most people on welfare DO have a job, some even have 2 jobs. The problem is they cant make ends mean because minimum wage is not based on the actual cost of living.

Meaning you can work like a slave and still be living in poverty. If we made the minimum wage a living wage, (like in Europe) there would be much fewer people on welfare.

http://www.macon.com/2010/12/16/1379464/funding-cuts-leave-many-without.html
I work hard and pay my bills yet this parasitic leach sucks the life blood and wealth out of folks like me. F#@$ her and her ilk.... this is what social services and welfare gets you. A professional parasitic class within society that does nothing except steal our hard earned money and screws us over.

I always love a good nuace. Alas for me, I haven't figured out how a woman with a TV, becomes a parasite and hence the complete system should go down the drain... But I guess I must be missing something in this nimble and fast moving train-of-thought...

I think what he's saying is that if she can afford a TV that big and an XBOX 360, she shouldn't be getting welfare at all.
Fair point.
I can't imagine owning any of that stuff at this current time.
But that's assuming those accusations are true.

But to get rid of welfare as a whole... dunno.
We might as well get rid of all cars because there are people who drive drunk and end up killing pedestrians too while we're at it.

Welfare is supposed to be there to help, but it sure didn't help me. After 3 months of BS from my boss, I was fired a week and a half ago. I have bills to pay, and I would really like to eat, so I filed for unemployment and food assistance. I was denied food stamps because I "make too much money." Really??? I MAKE NOTHING!!!! How is that TOO MUCH!?!?!?! But yet a relative of mine who has a part-time job gets $200 a month. WTF.....Unemployment is worthless, too. They denied my claim and have yet to give me a reason. I would scream, but it wouldn't help......

Welfare is supposed to be there to help, but it sure didn't help me. After 3 months of BS from my boss, I was fired a week and a half ago. I have bills to pay, and I would really like to eat, so I filed for unemployment and food assistance. I was denied food stamps because I "make too much money." Really??? I MAKE NOTHING!!!! How is that TOO MUCH!?!?!?! But yet a relative of mine who has a part-time job gets $200 a month. WTF.....Unemployment is worthless, too. They denied my claim and have yet to give me a reason. I would scream, but it wouldn't help......

First of all, You have my sincerest sympathy. Been down that road myself I know its not much fun. I wish you the best of luck finding a new job.

Second of all. This system in the US is borked and has been for a long time and has been for awhile. But you don't cure cancer by shooting the patient in the head. Whats needed is reform.

In France for example you unemployment would be 57% of your last salary, good for 2 years. Thats enough to cover the food, utilities and rent. So you would survive but you are encouraged to get looking for a new job pronto, and the government does check on you do prevent cheating.

COM

Knowing how screwed the US welfare system is I can guerentee you she didnt buy those things on welfare checks (assuming their hers..which I doubt).

Being unemployed sucks enough, do we really need to make matters worse for the 10 Million unemployed by making them sell their possessions? I think that would be regrettable and unfortunate

Not to pick on 5.56, but if your job from the PD wouldn't kinda of suck if you had to sell your firearm collection just to pay the rent?

I don't believe in kicking people when they are down. I think the governments job is to protect those who really need help without making them further humiliate themselves.

I mean the government does a fantastic job helping those fortunate few who DON'T need protecting, why should it just be one way around?

I am sorry for your predicament Sevens, that really sucks hard! But can you imagine you'd have to sell some of your furniture, which you bought while you worked so you can pay the bills now?
Christ... just typing this causes me to feel very happy I live where I live. You can say a lot about welfare, but it also helps. Sure some abuse the system and some don't even get caught. But hard working people with an unlucky break also get help! I sincerely hope you receive a lending hand as well and ultimatly get back on your horse!

I'm already planning to sell my TV, PS3, Xbox, most of my CDs and movies, and a few other odds and ends. I have bills to pay that can't wait for unemployment to decide its okay to give me something, or for me to find a job. Especially I actually have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than to find a job in this state, and things fell apart AGAIN with moving out of this state. Things look pretty dismal for good old Sevens right now. But thanks for the kind words, mmarsh and Ted. I appreciate them.

First of all, You have my sincerest sympathy. Been down that road myself I know its not much fun. I wish you the best of luck finding a new job.

Second of all. This system in the US is borked and has been for a long time and has been for awhile. But you don't cure cancer by shooting the patient in the head. Whats needed is reform.

In France for example you unemployment would be 57% of your last salary, good for 2 years. Thats enough to cover the food, utilities and rent. So you would survive but you are encouraged to get looking for a new job pronto, and the government does check on you do prevent cheating.

COM

Knowing how screwed the US welfare system is I can guerentee you she didnt buy those things on welfare checks (assuming their hers..which I doubt).

Being unemployed sucks enough, do we really need to make matters worse for the 10 Million unemployed by making them sell their possessions? I think that would be regrettable and unfortunate

Not to pick on 5.56, but if your job from the PD wouldn't kinda of suck if you had to sell your firearm collection just to pay the rent?

I don't believe in kicking people when they are down. I think the governments job is to protect those who really need help without making them further humiliate themselves.

I mean the government does a fantastic job helping those fortunate few who DON'T need protecting, why should it just be one way around?

Been there and done that. I've sold many personal items from my collection to keep a roof over my head and food in my belly.

And you don't find it s regrettable that you had to sell your prized belongings just because life sucker-punched you?

I sure as hell do. I find that you had to do that VERY regrettable and completely unfair. Why should someone be forced to give up everything they earned because of bad luck or some selfish di**head on Wall Street who decided to play Roulette with the US Economy?

I'll wager you didn't fall into that position of your own will or fault, you just had a run of bad luck. It happened to me too, but thankfully France didn't require me to resort to desperate measures just to get by. And suppose if you sell all your stuff and still can't find a job (10% unemployment), what do you do then? Become Homeless? Only in a unfeeling, uncaring, unsympathetic society would allow its own citizens to fall so far.

Thats why I support health/welfere/unemployment benefits, because very bad things can happen to good people even if they did nothing to deserve it. As I said I don't want to further punish people who have already had the pain, stress, and humiliation of losing their job compounded to the fact that the have to sell everything they own just to get by.

As I said, its the governments duty to protect its citizens from ALL threats. If we expect the government merely to protect us from foreign invasion only, then I vote to disband the military, because the chances of a invasion happening are so insignificant and the costs of maintaining our armed forces so large, it just isn't worth it. I'd rather just buy a Romanian AK-47 several cans of ammo and defend myself (couple of hundred $$$..tops). I can use the rest of my money that would go into defense to protect myself from the far greater chance of losing my job or getting sick.

Last edited:
Yep. For example let's say you just lost your job, your wife just divorced you, the economy is terrible and you still haven't paid for your car.

It's a one way trip to a cardboard box.

Yep. For example let's say you just lost your job, your wife just divorced you, the economy is terrible and you still haven't paid for your car.

It's a one way trip to a cardboard box.

Exactly, but it doesn't have to be that way if we so choose...

Just because life sucker punched Sevens he has a right to dip into my earnings? All govt spending is tax payer money.

Just because life sucker punched Sevens he has a right to dip into my earnings? All govt spending is tax payer money.
Thank you for further proving my point in the other thread, George. I'm sure Chukpike will enjoy this quote from one of our very own conservatives. .... Sickening....

By the way, Sevens is most certainly NOT a 'he.'

Back