Why you don't mess with Uralians :

Prapor

And, particularly, the Khanty people :)

Uralian village Sagra attacked by an armed gang

The village was attacked by a group of several dozen men, all immigrants from former Soviet republics. It is believed they were called in as back up by a local narcodealer who ran into problems with the people there. 15 cars full of men armed with 'traumatic' weapons (rubber bullet guns) showed up at the village. They started beating locals, damaging their vehicles and homes.

However, what may go through in Moscow, did not fly in the Ural Mountains. The men of Sagra, hunters, met the attackers with rifle fire. At least two assailants were killed on site, and others were seriously injured, dragged away by their comrades as they fled.

Police managed to detain 9 attackers, 5 of them suffering from shooting wounds consisting with hunting weapons. 3 locals were also briefly detained, then released.
http://ev-chuprunov.livejournal.com/7572.html

God bless the Ural... From what I understand, this happened in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous okrug/district. The village belongs to the native Khanty people, tundra hunters, some of the best marksmen in this country
5170344.jpg

I don't know what those idiots were thinking, trying to go against these guys with their rubber toys, and on their land, on their turf...

But it is funny. Talk about 'getting your ass kicked', as you Americans put it...

I wish that the Police were as easy to deal with here. In Australia, (if you were allowed to own a weapon) they'd send you broke defending your case in court.

I wish that the Police were as easy to deal with here. In Australia, (if you were allowed to own a weapon) they'd send you broke defending your case in court.

Hunting guns are relatively easy to get here. It is much easier to get a permit for a hunting rifle than for a handgun, especially if you are from a traditionally hunting territory and people. In Karelia, in Siberia, Ural, where there are many hunters, rifles, carbines, and shotguns (since we first started importing them from America) are sold cheaply and easily
1738948.jpg

I own a few myself, some I mentioned here, others didn't yet

IZH-94
70763419ig.jpg
942k.jpg

TOZ-103
106iv.jpg

Mossberg shotgun
68331607.jpg

and, recently, I've bought

Protasov's rifle
1532908.jpg

1532910.jpg

1532914.jpg

another Protasov
1533800.jpg

and another
1533814.jpg

and another
1533822.jpg

I am actually lucky, in a way. I personally know Seva (Vsevolod) Protasov, and he custom-makes his guns for me if I ask. Great man
1533794.jpg

Genius gun-maker.

I buy rifles and carbines from him about $150 American apiece. Normally, he sells for $400 apiece. This is why it is good to have connections lol

To see this makes me weep when I think how it's been buggered up here in Austtralia.

When I was collecting, there were virtually no restrictions on long arms, but handguns have always been problematic to own, that never worried me as I've owned a number of them and really their is little place for them for the average shooter.

It's like Appalachians in the US. (WV/KY/Tenn/NC) Good ole boys would tear those people to pieces as well, don't mess with the locals who live out in the country if you don't have to, a good lesson for anyone in power across the globe.

I'm not well versed in gun rights in the UK/AUS(other than most of them are generally frowned upon if not illegal) but I personally know fewer people without small arsenals in their homes than people who have them.

Back