Why did Sharon take a walk across Temple Mount?

Italian Guy

Milforum Hitman
I think Sherman could answer to this. Why did he do that in the first place?

I know the Intifadeh number 2 started off that day, and I lay full blame on the palestinians. My pro Israeli stance is famous. But then why did Ariel take that walk ? Why did he want to provoke them?

Well,you would have to ask him. Offcours, that was hardly the real reason for the intifada. Also remember that its a holy place for Jews 2...

Yeah ? but what does or did he say to explain why he did it? I'm asking you cuz we dont have too mush info about that.

I really dont remember. He went there on a tour. Usually Israelis are not allowed up there, but no one was going to tell Sharon what to do...

I guess he walked there for the same reason Americans go to the Lincoln Memorial whenever they are confronted with extraordinary public service they're not quite sure they can or want to do; just to go and think in the right enviroment and context, to see if the ends of the road is worth the journey by looking at the accomplishments and trials of the great ones who have come before us; these and other great cultural and historical sites around the world often hold the key to solving life's great impasses.

actually intafatah started before sharon went there...

also can anyone see the double standards? when arabs occupied judea and samaria (which they renamed west bank) jews couldnt pray at the site of the temple or synagogues. but now under jewish control everyone has freedom of religeon... except jews because they cant even go onto their temple mount cuz someone build a mosque on it (mistaking jerusalem for medina...)

rocco said:
actually intafatah started before sharon went there...

also can anyone see the double standards? when arabs occupied judea and samaria (which they renamed west bank) jews couldnt pray at the site of the temple or synagogues. but now under jewish control everyone has freedom of religeon... except jews because they cant even go onto their temple mount cuz someone build a mosque on it (mistaking jerusalem for medina...)

Quite complex but interesting. I thought intifadeh began only after Ariel took that walk.

Back