Why did General MacArthur lost his job in the Korean War?

because he underestimated china and is a inhumane generaliismo who wanted to nuke the world'smost pupulous nation, such is genocide i say, because the chinese are so concentrated that one atomic bomb would kill more than hitler ever did.

boy, hitler would love the atomic bomb, imagine all the supplies saved on ss units comming crime

he talks too much, especially his talking of using nukes agsinst china and waging a total war with china ....

that really pisses Truman off....
an amzing fact is China has never offically joined korean war, its army is called Voluteer army....it is sort like unoffical stuff....so Truman really doesnt' want to have a total war with commuinst states....
but MacArthur keeps bla bla bla and make media thinks that his destroying-china shit is the idea from president..
so Truman decides to find someone who listens to him
so he fired Mac

Nice... People's Liberation Army Propaganda Ministry at work.

He lost his job because he had major disagreements with President Truman over decisions that belonged to the President.
MacArthur wanted to take the fight to China by bombing cities and other key targets in China. Also he wanted to nuke the Chinese. Eventually Truman got fed up with MacArthur's attitude and unruliness that he fired him, even at the cost of his own political popularity.

p.s. not officially joining a war means squat. The US never officially joined the Vietnam War either. Plus it's questionable (severely) if the Volunteer army was as volunteer as it was claimed. Do you know that the current North Korean military is also "voluntary"? Just that if you don't volunteer yourself, you can kiss the rest of your life good bye because you will never get a job, you'll be at the bottom of every pecking order etc.

Wow this is an amazing demonstration of misinformation. The answer is really simple folks. In the US, the military answers to the executive branch of the government. MacArthur: military, Truman: Chief Executive , Truman wins every time. The men differed on many points. It's the same as if you were at your job and didn't agree with your boss. You could stay quiet and put up with the boss or you could speak up and let the chips fall where they may. At least that's how it works in the US. General MacArthur chose the latter and accepted the consequences. Many people still believe he was right.

Yeah he wanted to use the A-Bomb...in Asia agian.... another thing was didn't he also go to far North when he was suppose to start at a certain point.

I think he's referring to the dense population. One A-bomb and you'll kill a lot more people than you would any where else.

i start to hate that korean guy...
he seems to be proud of being a puppy of U.S

anyway..
MacArthur did say he wants to use A-bomb, he made a speech in a veteran's meeting..maybe he said it just for a moment of excitment..
but president was pretty uncomfortable when reporters asked him if he wants to do that??

2Asskicker said:
i start to hate that korean guy...
he seems to be proud of being a puppy of U.S

Wow your good. You insulted the ROK and the US in one statement.

McArthur failed to obey the orders of the president and he was fired.

Just because someone does not buy the Pyongyang or Biejing Prop Agit version of world events does not mean they are the "puppy" of the US.

Not that we are not proud to have the free people of South Korea as a trusted Ally.

yea u better, korean dude, no offense

MacArhtur was a great general and i really liked him, and he is an extremely cool dude,

i especaily like his speech when he visted Westpoint last time, that was really a good one,

he lost job because he seems to not obey the order of president

I saw on some documentary that he also made a giant mistake in World War II that affected him later on. Something that had to do with not sending in troops causing many to die because there were no reinforcements.

Man... they're going faster than.... no that wouldn't be fair.
Either way I think ChineseCanadian sometimes needs to search his soul and decide who's side he's on. Canada's or China's.

Back