Why did you choose your forum name and what does it mean

Doody said:
Doody = my last name...

...yes basic training was an interesting experience with Doody as a last name

:lol:

I think it's obvious where my name comes from. I also think it's obvious that this topic has already been created.

I'm a C/2nd Lt in CAP. And Robot is from encampment. In most cases I'm mono-tone and a posture to boot. The Male flight commanders on up had a lot of fun with the mono-tone. Every time they referred to me in their sea hut they talked like robots. I gave one female flight commander a shock when see saw how I slept in my sea hut. She imagined me as straight as a metal rod but I was curled up at the foot of my cot. I sat up on my cot because my watch was saying it’s time to get up and my Flight Commander said “Go back to sleep” so I just fell over, I was complacent so I didn't stir.

Doody said:
Doody = my last name...

Yes in deedy doody I imagine it was. We had a guy from Oklahoma with the last name Beavis. Rest assured others are greatful in Basic training for the presence of those who have lightning rods for last names.
:D

Irishone- eh im irish, and theres a saying/phrase here saying 'yer one' which means that person/girl, so irishone

Where I work, that's what they call me.
In civilian life, they call me by the same name but in English not Italian. The avatar is of my pet Kangaroo

bulldogg said:
Doody said:
Doody = my last name...

Yes in deedy doody I imagine it was. We had a guy from Oklahoma with the last name Beavis. Rest assured others are greatful in Basic training for the presence of those who have lightning rods for last names.
:D

The guy in my basic training battery with the most unfortunate surname was a fellow named Cyr. I can still hear the drill sergeant yelling "I'll be DAMNED if I'll call you 'Sir' !!!! From now on your name is 'Private ********'" (yep, in those days they could still swear at us)

I'm a retired Chief hence the "Chief" and the "Bones" is a play on my last name (BXXXXW).

If I tell you my last name then I'll have to kill you. heeheehee

I took my name because I am Scot and from the sword that was presented to my Great-grandfather by his WWI regimental officer (One of the Black Watch regiments) - it was a two-handed Claymore. The sword is now mounted above my fireplace.

TBA refers to initials of my name.

-> Taimur Bin Aslam. An Arabic style name.

And PAKI represents my national identity.

Hence, I collectively termed these two things as "TBA_PAKI".

Revenant means: a person who returns from death or long absence as a ghost. I went through a year long period in my life going through clinical depression, multiple suicide attempts, etc., and I still consider myself kind of leading a half life after all that, like I'm a ghost in what my life was before I fell into a bad time. It is my universal screenname and means a lot to me.

Well, the first magazine fed rifle that I owned was a Ruger Mini-14 which is chambered in .223 Winchester. That is the civilian version of the 5.56X45MM military cartridge. And of course my time in the US Army, I carried a M16A2 , M4A1 Carbine, and a M249 SAW. Which all three are chambered in 5.56X45MM.

I love that caliber and I love the weapon systems that fire it. So, it's my name.

Back