Why is China being against the US-S.Korea joint military exercise?

China dose hold a extensive history in the region, and even holds many influences on world history elsewhere, in the respect that they are returning to the position of status they once held, I agree fully. In comparison, the United States, is still even today the new kid on the block.

China one of not many "superpowers" , that is quite conservative in poking their sticks what is not their direct business- gets :thumbsup: from me most of the time

Also more and more developing countries seem to be going to China for assistance, aid from China seems to come with a whole lot less strings attached than any form of aid from the West.

Also more and more developing countries seem to be going to China for assistance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGiYEWRzTik

LOL

Honestly I can't be the only one worried with China being the biggest holder of treasury bonds.
I think it'll mean that gradually the US will have to start cooperating with China on China's terms. Maybe China sees this as the big picture so it sees winning friends overseas through aid with few conditions as a good investment. Why fight over the small fish when you got the big one by the balls?

Good points you guys raised.

Anyway, being the biggest investor carries a risk too. China will have the biggest to lose should the american economy slide, therefore it's in China's interest (aside from trading) that the American economy recover and grow. By the same token, the US will want China to continue being prosperous, seeing as they're a good source of credit.

Everybody will need bread and water, since the U.S. and China both seem to be somewhat mutually dependent on each other, any conflict between the two will almost indefinable deplete the others economic resources,

a more guns, less butter type deal that could in theory dangerously unbalance one of the two powers economy, and if one was destabilized, the other may suffer greatly as well.

I think they realize that the bloke in charge of NK is a nut and he could drag them all into a war that no one wants, so the easy option is to try and keep him quite

I think they realize that the bloke in charge of NK is a nut and he could drag them all into a war that no one wants, so the easy option is to try and keep him quite

Sounds similar to the apppeasment policy prior to the last world war, except NK hasnt invaded any neighbors.

Do you really want a shooting war with NK, I think if we can avoid it then we should do so. Once these things start then they take on a life unto them selfs

I was stating the situation, i have already mentioned my distaste for a shooting war, especially with stakes this high. It's just that the side effect is how far backwards is the region and the world going to bend with NK to prevent such a thing from happening?

Situations like these truely suck they really do.

They dont even really like us anymore(china). When i was at the world expo i saw the north korean pavilion, in it they had a large show of their "Great victory" over the oppressors during the Korean war. In the whole thing, not 1 mention of Chinese troops sent to help them so i asked the attendant whats up with that. She just gave me the most oblivious look and said "I wasnt aware Chinese fought with us.", *sigh* what a bunch of pricks. Ill tell you by little university class trip into N.Korea tomorrow if i have time to write it.

The reason I have heard on news programs for China supporting NK so keenly is they fear millions of refugees rushing their border if the country fails or gets in a shooting war.

China definitely deserves some mention in the Korean war. They did have some influence over the result. China hates shows of power. USA hates shows of power. It's how the world works.

Go back to 1950's when China lost around a million men fighting for North Korea and the last thing they want is some nut in North Korea kicking it off again. Now if North Korea started another war because of these exercises they would feel duty bound to help North Korea and then they would have another bloody war on their hands

I'm living in Beijing, and i want to make it short.

China is now in a precious period to develop herself which needs a stable and peaceful international environment.

Nevertheless, the north koera differ from us at this point, their leaders can't manage a reform to boost the nation. SO TO DEVELOP(KEEP) THE UNITY OVER THE HUNGER-SUFFERING CITIZENS, they plan to provoke external conflict regularly.And that is what the countries in East Asia including china don't want to see.

SO, china is now trying to keep the north koera calm with every efforts.
But the military exercise has made the efforts meaningless.

In fact, many citizens in east asia oppose the exercise around them, china is just the one who express it in a public way.

Last edited:
Back