why castles were impenetrable...

Insomniac

~resident nutcase
a castle was generally impenetrable because the technology hadnt evolved far enough to use explosives etc, etc. modern day tanks, explosives etc may be good for killing everyone inside but the moat would foil you until the engineers arrived. After the battle, you would generally want your castle in one pice to withstand the enemies that would come after you. A cruise missile would easily batter down and kill everything inside your besieged castle, but then you would be left minus a castle to use as a defendable position. Anyone know how to attack a castle modern day without destroying it?
:camo::camo::camo::camo::camo::camo::camo:

napalm would work too, but anything that wasnt stone would burn. so id say biowarfare would be pretty much the only answer. that is, without dropping troops inside of it. you could chopper them over and they could fast rope in. maybe a high precision HALO jump or something like that.

Create a breach the old fashioned way like the British at Badajoz, then storm the breach..... Glorious:horsie:

Or..... You could try infiltration as a technique
Or..... Psyops
Or..... Dislocation

There are many methods to defeat an enemy other than killing them.

AussieNick said:
There are many methods to defeat an enemy other than killing them.

yeah i kno....

one of the probs with bio-warfare is that there would be one hell of a mess if the wind was wrong etc...

one of the probs with bio-warfare is that there would be one hell of a mess if the wind was wrong etc...

I would never, ever justify or support use of chemical or biological warfare.
It can be done, through unconventional warfare.....
Killing or maiming isn't always the best way to do things. We practice the art of psycological torment with our foes a lot in Australian tactics, and it works wonders.

There is also a non-lethal way. When surrounded and cut-off from supplies, sunner or later they would be forced to surrender or starved to death.

Gas, Bugs,Starvation, thirst. These days you could drill down to the water level in the ground and pump oil down into it, my it makes it taste awful

VX gas, LRADs, maybe a neutron bomb detonating hundreds of meters above the castle, and finally a siege with AA weapons so it can't be resupplied by air.

LRADs are a line of site devise and used best on water. I used them on land, and they don't work so well.

Best way to defeat them.. Take away there will to fight. Starve them out. Don't allow anything to come or go. Put loud speaker teams all over the place and blast music to them.

Babies crying at 3 in the morning for a hour or more.

PSYOPS

Print false articles in the local paper to discredit them.

Team Infidel said:
Best way to defeat them.. Take away there will to fight. Starve them out. Don't allow anything to come or go. Put loud speaker teams all over the place and blast music to them.
Aren't LRADs really really loud loud speakers? Or is the problem that they are focused in a narrow beam?

A small Neutron warhead using an airburst. It only kills but does little damage to buildings and vehicles.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Aren't LRADs really really loud loud speakers? Or is the problem that they are focused in a narrow beam?

They were designed to be used on ships in response to the USS Cole incident. They work ok in that arena, but on land they suck. Trust me, I stood in front of one and at the range they were designed for, all I would need to do is go around a corner or duck behind something and they would be completely unusable. Not as advertised for land based operations.

Team Infidel said:
LRADs are a line of site devise and used best on water. I used them on land, and they don't work so well.

Babies crying at 3 in the morning for a hour or more.

PSYOPS

Print false articles in the local paper to discredit them.

Thankyou. Somebody else who supports the PSYOPS option. You don't have to destroy the enemy to defeat them.

AussieNick said:
Thankyou. Somebody else who supports the PSYOPS option. You don't have to destroy the enemy to defeat them.

That's my J.O.B..... but not PSYOPS... taking away the will to fight. Influence the enemy.

i would just go the route used most often for taking a heavily fortified position-lay on a seige, seal them off from outside contact, eventually they can either surrender or starve (see the battle of stalingrad for example).

If it was me. Napalm would be good. Or surrounding the castle. Using my sniper's target is the King or Queen or anybody in the open target.

Back