Why can't Taiwanese people accept their Chinese heritage? - Page 6

--
Boots

April 5th, 2005  
MadeInChina

however ur example is missing out something lemme add it

we east asians view america as a very distant country, it shouldnt meddle in asian politics, and its various military prisons and bases in asian territory clearly given the image that this is truly imperalism

japan could be said as the running dog who kisses america's ass, while deeply in herself she felt anger and the will to fight anotherday

south korean could be described as teh running dog that kept on bitting its collars to break free of it, and between japan and south korea they are biting each other, south korean dog however, misses its old pal north korea when the twins split apart from an angery political argument

Taiwan is yet another running dog of us, however it remains some ties to her old home, china, and constantly misses home, however in the hands of american she learned some stuff and felt the old house was worse than the new owner

this was from a chinese university professor on politics who described the above to students, pretty funny it seems, and it was posted on line
April 5th, 2005  
CABAL

Why compare politics to animal nature? That is obsolutely bizaare.
April 5th, 2005  
MadeInChina

lol, its just a funny way of describing modern politics, quite clever i thought
--
Boots
April 5th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Let's settle it at this: None of us care if we got Chinese heritage or not. We're not a part of China and we thank El Jesus for it every day.
April 5th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanboy
we east asians view america as a very distant country, it shouldnt meddle in asian politics, and its various military prisons and bases in asian territory clearly given the image that this is truly imperalism
Perhaps, perhaps not. In my experience is FAR more prevelant amongst Chinese people. I'm talking about the idea that "America has no business having any presence whatsoever in SE Asia." not "We don't appreciate the Americans doing _______."

Quote:
japan could be said as the running dog who kisses america's ass, while deeply in herself she felt anger and the will to fight anotherday
Japan doesn't seem to be a willing pet or slave, or whatever ananogy is acceptable to His Magesty Cabal, lord of acceptable analogies (just picking on you Cabal). Otherwise they'd actually honor US demands to apologize to warcrimes committed against us and everybody else, for one thing. They've tried to flood the US market with cheap cars and other merchandise in order to run their competition in the USA out of business. The USA most certainly has tried to change Japan the Lion into Japan the Lamb, with some degree of success perhaps. As a result, we have to help them maintain the defense of their own country. Is that what we're talking about though?

Bear in mind that Japan most certainly isn't going to trade friendship with the USA for friendship with China. China doesn't want friendship, they want revenge for the terrible things that Japan did in WW2. They also make demands for Japan to give them their islands and territories back to them "or else!" Lousy way to encourage them to trade the USA for China I'd say, even if there are some good reasons for Chinese anger.

Quote:
south korean could be described as teh running dog that kept on bitting its collars to break free of it, and between japan and south korea they are biting each other, south korean dog however, misses its old pal north korea when the twins split apart from an angery political argument
South Korea's dilema is very similar, but not as pronounced. They have to keep ties to the United States largely because North Korea and China may try to attack them again at some point. I sincerely hope that China stays out of it, but they have their promises to NK contrary to that.

Quote:
Taiwan is yet another running dog of us, however it remains some ties to her old home, china, and constantly misses home, however in the hands of american she learned some stuff and felt the old house was worse than the new owner
You greatly overstating the role of the United States in it all. The KMT did their own thing and the system that exists now, the KMT's descendant, continues to do its own thing. Taiwanese Independence certainly isn't something that the USA has pushed for that I can recall.

Quote:
this was from a chinese university professor on politics who described the above to students, pretty funny it seems, and it was posted on line
Well, it sounds like he is either being a propagandist for the PRC or he just very strong believes in all that nonsense. There may be some valid points certainly but consider: It seems that China is the only one calling every nations around it "America's Obedient Dogs" or whatever other insult for it. The USA doesn't need to act like it owns SE Asia. Neither does China.
April 6th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Quote:
We're not a part of China and we thank El Jesus for it every day.
dude, dont be racist, ur breaking these human rights code

no disgriminating aginist country of origin
no disgrminating aginist race
no disgriminating aginist ethenic backgrounds

just a warning this time redneck 13, if u get out of control with ur verbal abuses, then u deserve some time to think about it

personally it is very insulting, just like what one forumer said : a good chinese is a dead chinese"

i mean cmon, wtf is wrong, i keep my convs clean of racism but you cant seem to handle it

thank u for ur time

Quote:
Well, it sounds like he is either being a propagandist for the PRC or he just very strong believes in all that nonsense. There may be some valid points certainly but consider: It seems that China is the only one calling every nations around it "America's Obedient Dogs" or whatever other insult for it. The USA doesn't need to act like it owns SE Asia. Neither does China.
well, personally every chiense thinks that way, we think of japan and south korea as running dogs, hope i didnt offend anyone here

this american imperalism sorta felt like when the british empire came to asia and colonzied, hatred is growing out of it because of what they have done
April 6th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Except for the fact that China apparently is dreaming a huge share if it up. The United States has no true control over anybody. Japan is welcome to tell us to get lost and go away. So is South Korea. The mistake is equating "Influence" with "Control". Those are not the same thing. And please consider that calling the Taiwanese, Japanese, Koreans or whoever else, "Obedient dogs to American Imperialism" is just as racist as what 13th_Redneck said if not more, and it is a direct insult to peoples coutries. Fine if that is what China teaches its people to believe, but if they are teaching such things then they are teaching hate and racism, whether intentionally or not.
April 6th, 2005  
CABAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Except for the fact that China apparently is dreaming a huge share if it up. The United States has no true control over anybody. Japan is welcome to tell us to get lost and go away. So is South Korea. The mistake is equating "Influence" with "Control". Those are not the same thing. And please consider that calling the Taiwanese, Japanese, Koreans or whoever else, "Obedient dogs to American Imperialism" is just as racist as what 13th_Redneck said if not more, and it is a direct insult to peoples coutries. Fine if that is what China teaches its people to believe, but if they are teaching such things then they are teaching hate and racism, whether intentionally or not.
You cannot judge one man's insights as a national level. I'm definetily positive that there are many Chinese Citizens who do not share Urbanboy's views.

Actually, the notion of "Obedient dogs to American Imperialism" is a common statement umong Middle Eastern Militant factions. According to current events, thousands of demonstrators protest in front of the US Consulate/Embassy building in Beirut expressing outrage of US involvement in the crisis.

Well....perhaps it may be time for you to know that the United States is DEEPLY involved in Foreign Affairs in the last few years since 9/11.
April 6th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Quote:
"Obedient dogs to American Imperialism"

dude, first of all i described the government of taiwan, korea and japan as running dogs, not racial tobedient dogs to american imperalism

i never mentioned any race or nationality of anybody on my comments, only governments

Quote:
Well....perhaps it may be time for you to know that the United States is DEEPLY involved in Foreign Affairs in the last few years since 9/11.
true, america always comes up with these probably threats, which is really annoying

thunder, i may have offended ur comments but i get some pretty hotheaded views from 90% of the americans i have talked to on some 5 forums

one example is: get out of our backyard china

another is ; dont go near taiwan, dont molest our women

i get a pretty good idea of how americans view asia from those comments, which is degrading and retarded
April 6th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Okay, but the terminology being used is still insulting to other peoples countries and I thought both of you ought to be aware of that. Try say it more diplomatically perhaps. Just calling another country any sort of "dog" implies that you are belittling said country.

If people from the Middle East use such terms, they get banned pretty fast on this forum.

And it is a lousy thing to believe about another person's country and people in my humble opinion.