Why can't Taiwanese people accept their Chinese heritage? - Page 10

--
Boots

April 15th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Quote:
i recommend you go deep west into china, in sichuan, where the food is supers spicy
And if you wmt to know what's really Super Spicy Jump Across the Great wall :P .

Umm i Don't Understand one thing Why did Mao Zedong who came to power in 1949............ Orderd that the Wall be destroyed ? .............. during his rule great portions of the wall were Destroyed .

Peace
April 16th, 2005  
Knightraptor

I was under the impression that portions were torn down to provide much needed building matierial.

And on a side note, contrary to popular belief, you cannot see the Great Wall from space. Its just a myth.
April 16th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightraptor
I was under the impression that portions were torn down to provide much needed building matierial.

And on a side note, contrary to popular belief, you cannot see the Great Wall from space. Its just a myth.
I've seen pictures where it was clearly visible from outer space. The trick was that it was a very low orbit.
--
Boots
April 16th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well the whole wall wasnt torn out, most was intact

only a couple meters were torn out for roads and rail access
April 17th, 2005  
CABAL

Not to worry about diversity. I will be visiting a personal friend of mine sooner or later who settled in Zhuhai as an Engineering Advisor.
April 19th, 2005  
MadeInChina

the wall also will give the soviet troops a look of the unconquerable if the ydid invade china
April 19th, 2005  
A Can of Man

You probably mistook a river for it.
There's no way you could spot that thing from space. It's long, but incredibly narrow, plus the color tends to blend in with the surroundings (relatively speaking). Unless you can spot a row of housing projects from outer space, you cannot spot the Great Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightraptor

I've seen pictures where it was clearly visible from outer space. The trick was that it was a very low orbit.
April 19th, 2005  
MadeInChina

this is weird, whether we could see the wall or not, care to give a pic of it anyone?