Why American News Stinks

I just want to hear or see what happened, not hear the "reporter`s" ideas of what, why, and how. If a commentator wants to inject those ideas, that`s different, I don`t have to read or listen to them. When news is reported, I don`t want to hear their spin on it. "Just the facts ma`am."

I buy that.

I buy that.

I buy it too! "Spin" is despicable even when you agree with what the "newsperson" is saying. Let opinion be plainly labeled as such. I watch both CNN and FOX in the wee hours of the morning. Both are using spin, both have an agenda not based upon fact. But both are better than ABC, NBC, and CBS.
:bravo:

Lonnie Courtney Clay

http://www.dalai-liar.com/

My English is not good, expression unclear
To learn English

That is the worst type of propaganda.

That is not a credible source, anybody can create a website. I ask you to cite a official NON-CHINESE Source making the same allegations. Westerns see this and they will laugh, because nobody outside China would ever believe that type of website. Its very hypocritical to claim CNN and BBC (which you clearly haven't watched) is all lies when you pull trash like that.

The facts cited have NO credible sources, they refer eith to Youtube or a pro-chinese forum. I checked who owns that site its one Chinese controlled website the refers to another Chinese website which refers to another...With a few Youtube video which as been very obviously has been re-edited.

Here is a source from a JAPANESE (non-western) newspaper
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/world/20080415TDY05309.htm

Are you going to claim thats western-bias too?

Actually Mmarsh, a Japanese newspaper isn't exactly impartial either. The Japanese and the Chinese aren't the biggest fans of each other. Whereas there is simply mistrust from the West, with Japan and China, they play by sending the odd submarine over the border to piss each other off.

Actually Mmarsh, a Japanese newspaper isn't exactly impartial either. The Japanese and the Chinese aren't the biggest fans of each other. Whereas there is simply mistrust from the West, with Japan and China, they play by sending the odd submarine over the border to piss each other off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

No such thing as an impartial news source, that wasn't my point. My point was to demonstrate to our friend here that the pro-Tibet sentiment isn't just amongst the west, that China is virtually alone in its interpretation of the Tibet facts.

What other impartial media could I have used? The South Koreans have hostile political ties with China, as does Japan, as does Taiwan, as does Pakistan, as does India.

All that's left are Vietnam+Thailand (they are both pro-Chinese but also very pro-buddhist) Mynamar (a military dictatorship that oppresses the Buddhists, -not exactly impartial either).

My point isn't to Bash the Chinese, but to show to our friend here that it isn't Western Media vs China, its rest of World Media vs China.

Last edited:
Actually the Vietnamese have a long history of hating the Chinese. Their relationship during the Vietnam War was pretty darn complicated. Truth is, no one who lives near China likes the Chinese... and that's hatred that goes back hundreds of years. Kinda tells you what they're like.
But as for Buddhists monks fighting for independence, I just find that idea hilarious. I'm sorry, but really they're not supposed to care about any of those worldly things. That's the part I find funny about the whole matter.
Korea's fight for independence? The major forces were: 1) Communists 2) Christians, probably in that order.
I just find it strange when people who are supposed to detach themselves from worldly things and desires decide to hit the streets to protest something.

Actually the Vietnamese have a long history of hating the Chinese. Their relationship during the Vietnam War was pretty darn complicated. Truth is, no one who lives near China likes the Chinese... and that's hatred that goes back hundreds of years. Kinda tells you what they're like.
But as for Buddhists monks fighting for independence, I just find that idea hilarious. I'm sorry, but really they're not supposed to care about any of those worldly things. That's the part I find funny about the whole matter.
Korea's fight for independence? The major forces were: 1) Communists 2) Christians, probably in that order.
I just find it strange when people who are supposed to detach themselves from worldly things and desires decide to hit the streets to protest something.
agreed, i mean what is this Bullet Proof Monk?:2guns:

The monk aren't fighting for independence per se, they are fighting for freedom -specifically religious freedom something communism forbids. If its by independent Tibet them so be it, but the Dalai lama has said a semi-autonomous state with China would acceptable. The Dalai lama has never called for an independent Tibet, even though it was independent in the 1950s.

I have to say that the BBC is very politically correct and has it's own leanings . In my opinion, I am happy when they are reporting news and not following pre-set agendas.

Back